ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Why Juan Thornhill got less snaps in LV
RunKC 06:04 PM 11-27-2020
This sucks. Sounds like he’s not quite back to it with that knee. Not sure he’ll be as effective the rest of the season.

From Spags presser
Originally Posted by :
“Juan and I talked a week ago,” he said. “The plan was to take some snaps off of him. I think he just needs to be rested a little bit. Him and I had a conversation — in a good way. I’m saying we were trying to figure out how to get him where he was at the end of last year. This is kind of what we’ve come up with now.

“Hopefully, as we go, this thing will get back to where it was before. But we’ll just let it play itself out.”
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...vLJxLwX6l0g8WQ
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Makes sense. No need to ruin the next 3 years of his career by pushing him too hard.

Who knows if Mathieu is still here after next year. Juan’s future role is much more important than his current one. Would still like to see more of Watts instead of Dirty Dan as mentioned but I’ll leave that up to Spags since all he does is win Super Bowls.
Sorry man, I don't think Watts will ever amount to anything.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:05 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
where he going? You know something we don’t?
Just his contract is ending after next year.

Originally Posted by kcclone:
Sorenson is an old man, but he’s somehow still balling enough to justify a big role.
I don't dislike Dirty Dan, but he was awful against the Raiders.
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:54 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just his contract is ending after next year.

I don't dislike Dirty Dan, but he was awful against the Raiders.
Him and Niemann raised my bp like at least 5 points over the course of that game
[Reply]
TRR 08:02 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Him and Niemann raised my bp like at least 5 points over the course of that game
100%. I expect Neimann and Sorensen to make up for their deficiencies by making sound, fundamental plays. They did no such thing against the Raiders. I blew a gasket when Sorensen and (I believe) Gay both missed a tackle on the sideline in the second quarter.
[Reply]
In58men 08:15 AM 11-28-2020
The #Chiefs are cutting safety Tedric Thompson, source said. A surprise, but they needed a roster spot. The onetime #Seahawks* starter goes to waivers
[Reply]
TRR 08:17 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
The #Chiefs are cutting safety Tedric Thompson, source said. A surprise, but they needed a roster spot. The onetime #Seahawks* starter goes to waivers
Not sure why this is a “surprise”. He hasn’t been active for the past several games.
[Reply]
In58men 08:33 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Not sure why this is a “surprise”. He hasn’t been active for the past several games.
Kemp is now on the active roster. Probably because of Pringle going on IR.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:18 AM 11-28-2020
So Thornhill can't be counted on for much, and now we cut the only other player who can really play deep safety? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So Thornhill can't be counted on for much, and now we cut the only other player who can really play deep safety? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.
Seriously.

Thornhill is on a snap count, he's not dead.

And Thompson was a PS player. It's not like he was indispensable.

:-)
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:12 AM 11-28-2020
i expect this defense to be ready to go this week...embarrassed last week. .

but going to be tough to cover all those weapons ...

need to stop the run early and CJ and FC need to get their asses in the backfield and hit Brady
[Reply]
TRR 11:42 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seriously.

Thornhill is on a snap count, he's not dead.

And Thompson was a PS player. It's not like he was indispensable.

:-)
Exactly. Thompson is a turd. Just watch the first game against the Raiders. Guy bit on the underneath routes over and over in that game.

Sounded as though the Thornhill decision was collaborative. A true discussion on his most effective role on a snap count. I’m still surprised he’s played this much after his knee injury late last season.
[Reply]
tylerpalko 11:47 AM 11-28-2020
I don't think he'll be ready to improve as a player till next year. Seems to me he's just going through the motions in 2020(aren't we all?) and trying his best on a damaged leg. I'm excited to see what he can do with another offseason of hard work!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up