ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL to allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV, including 7,500 vaccinated health care wor
Donger 11:14 AM 01-22-2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/us/su...spt/index.html

(CNN)The National Football League will allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV next month -- including 7,500 vaccinated health care workers who will get free tickets, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday.

The NFL made the decision "following discussions with public health officials, including the CDC, the Florida Department of Health, and area hospitals and health care systems," according to a press release.

"These officials reviewed and provided feedback on the NFL's comprehensive plans that will enable the league to host fans and the vaccinated health care workers in a safe and responsible way," the statement added.

Super Bowl LV is scheduled to take place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, on Sunday, February 7.

The teams will be determined this Sunday.

Either the Buffalo Bills or the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs will represent the American Football Conference. Either the Green Bay Packers or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will represent the National Football Conference. If Tampa Bay beats Green Bay the Buccaneers would become the first team in history to play the Super Bowl at home.

The league said health care workers will be recognized with planned tributes in the stadium and during the broadcast.

"These dedicated health care workers continue to put their own lives at risk to serve others, and we owe them our ongoing gratitude, we hope in a small way that this initiative will inspire our country and recognize these true American heroes. This is also an opportunity to promote the importance of vaccination and appropriate health practices, including wearing masks in public settings," Goodell said.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:38 PM 01-22-2021
I wonder if the will need to quarantine for a while before the game.
[Reply]
luv 12:49 PM 01-22-2021
I don't think Rodgers has an off game like Brees had. If TB beats GB, I will be pissed. Just more on how Brady will be the QB of the first team to play in a Super Bowl in their stadium. I just want him to retire already.
[Reply]
scho63 01:09 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Tickets starting at 100K probably...
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
under 8k actually
Sounds like a real deal! :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:12 PM 01-22-2021
So the other 14,500 fans won’t be vaccinated?
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:20 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I don't think Rodgers has an off game like Brees had. If TB beats GB, I will be pissed. Just more on how Brady will be the QB of the first team to play in a Super Bowl in their stadium. I just want him to retire already.
Ugh...I can hear it already....AND HE'S PLAYING IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF LOCAL HEROES!!!
[Reply]
joethomas 01:24 PM 01-22-2021
Well I'm vaccinated, I'll throw my hand into the ring!
[Reply]
New World Order 01:25 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
All Bucs fans....
Oh shit I forgot about that
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:31 PM 01-22-2021
If I win the mega millions and if when the chiefs make it, I'm going.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up