ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL to allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV, including 7,500 vaccinated health care wor
Donger 11:14 AM 01-22-2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/us/su...spt/index.html

(CNN)The National Football League will allow 22,000 fans at Super Bowl LV next month -- including 7,500 vaccinated health care workers who will get free tickets, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday.

The NFL made the decision "following discussions with public health officials, including the CDC, the Florida Department of Health, and area hospitals and health care systems," according to a press release.

"These officials reviewed and provided feedback on the NFL's comprehensive plans that will enable the league to host fans and the vaccinated health care workers in a safe and responsible way," the statement added.

Super Bowl LV is scheduled to take place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, on Sunday, February 7.

The teams will be determined this Sunday.

Either the Buffalo Bills or the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs will represent the American Football Conference. Either the Green Bay Packers or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will represent the National Football Conference. If Tampa Bay beats Green Bay the Buccaneers would become the first team in history to play the Super Bowl at home.

The league said health care workers will be recognized with planned tributes in the stadium and during the broadcast.

"These dedicated health care workers continue to put their own lives at risk to serve others, and we owe them our ongoing gratitude, we hope in a small way that this initiative will inspire our country and recognize these true American heroes. This is also an opportunity to promote the importance of vaccination and appropriate health practices, including wearing masks in public settings," Goodell said.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:19 AM 01-22-2021
Tickets starting at 100K probably...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:21 AM 01-22-2021
Yeah, I would not enjoy that at all. When I go to my 1st Super Bowl I want the real experience.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:23 AM 01-22-2021
It’s the perfect storm of limited capacity + the four remaining teams which will create an unprecedented demand.
[Reply]
wazu 11:34 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, I would not enjoy that at all. When I go to my 1st Super Bowl I want the real experience.
No lines at concessions or bathroom. Way less having to get out of the way to let people out of your aisle. Still a decent number of people. It's actually a pretty good experience.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:35 AM 01-22-2021
It'll be interesting going down there this year. Miami has Miami Beach to hang out. Was awesome. Tampa? I'll need to find out where the action is.

Definitely plan on going just to mingle in. Hoping for Mahomes vs Rodgers so my Packer buddies can join me.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:40 AM 01-22-2021
I'm curious how the HCWs will be chosen.
[Reply]
Donger 11:44 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I'm curious how the HCWs will be chosen.
The majority of these health care workers -- all of whom will have received both doses of the vaccine -- will come from hospitals and health care systems in the Tampa and central Florida area. They will receive free Super Bowl tickets and gameday experiences directly from the NFL. All 32 NFL clubs will select vaccinated health care workers from their communities to attend the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay on Sunday, Feb 7.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:53 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
The majority of these health care workers -- all of whom will have received both doses of the vaccine -- will come from hospitals and health care systems in the Tampa and central Florida area. They will receive free Super Bowl tickets and gameday experiences directly from the NFL. All 32 NFL clubs will select vaccinated health care workers from their communities to attend the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay on Sunday, Feb 7.
Bummer. I understand, for travel reasons.

Was hoping it would be fans of the respective teams.

It does make sense how they are doing it though. I hope it ends up being true Frontline healthcare workers and not CEOs, etc.
[Reply]
TLO 11:57 AM 01-22-2021
Why not fill the stadium with anybody who has received both doses of the vaccine, don't require masks, and let's put this baby to the ultimate test.
[Reply]
Renegade 11:58 AM 01-22-2021
When I looked last week, tickets started at $7500 per.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:01 PM 01-22-2021
Welcome to the repeat bitches. I’ll be going if anyone wants to meet up before the game.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:23 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why not fill the stadium with anybody who has received both doses of the vaccine, don't require masks, and let's put this baby to the ultimate test.
The Governor of Florida was advocating for a 100% filled Super Bowl as far back as September but the NFL has pushed back on that.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 12:26 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Tickets starting at 100K probably...
under 8k actually
[Reply]
Dante84 12:26 PM 01-22-2021
All Bucs fans....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up