ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 92
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
SupDock 08:18 PM 01-18-2021
Sweet!

Thanks for doing the Lord's work
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
If you look deeper you'd see this isn't actually the case. Pittsburgh can't run...they average 3.6 YPC. Bills RBs average 4.5 YPC which is slightly above average. Also had 2 games with close to 200 yards rushing against the Chargers and Patriots.

I think the more accurate statement would be the Bills are disinterested in running.
Fair. But same ultimate result. And even if the Bills do run, Singletary and Yeldon ain't exactly Chubb and Hunt. I just don't think the Bills have the personnel to take advantage of where we are weak. Diggs is going to have to go nuclear (possible, he's legit great) for the offense to be able to move with much ease.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis are solid receivers but they’re not game breakers like Diggs.

Beasley you especially need to watch closely on 3rd down.
I think KC needs to put Breeland (if he plays) and shadow safety help to contain Diggs while putting Sneed on Beasley.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:23 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I think KC needs to put Breeland (if he plays) and shadow safety help to contain Diggs while putting Sneed on Beasley.
That's a misuse of Sneed, IMO. Beasley is not 100%. Word is, he's playing through a torn meniscus. Ward or Fenton (if he's back) can handle Beasley. Sneed has the athleticism and short area burst to hang with Diggs. He'll still need safety help but I'd rather go best with best. Let Breeland handle Brown and Badger/Thornhill/DD can worry about the rest. Bills do not have a TE that needs to be an area of concern.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:23 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Take away Diggs and what can Josh Allen do, honestly?

Make him win by throwing it to someone else.
Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).
[Reply]
Mecca 08:26 PM 01-18-2021
These years are about skating demons, the Bills are yet another one that needs torn down.
[Reply]
joethomas 08:26 PM 01-18-2021
I think we match up well with the Bills. Obviously we need our defense to play well but they have been playing well. Chubb got outrun by Darrel Williams. They made Mayfield look completely ordinary. There was no rust there to speak of. Andy really had them pegged earlier this year when we ran the ball down their throats to a comfortable win.

Obviously anything can happen, but I feel pretty confident.
[Reply]
Matter2003 08:28 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Fair. But same ultimate result. And even if the Bills do run, Singletary and Yeldon ain't exactly Chubb and Hunt. I just don't think the Bills have the personnel to take advantage of where we are weak. Diggs is going to have to go nuclear (possible, he's legit great) for the offense to be able to move with much ease.
Much like we shouldn't with Mahomes, don't discount Allen's legs. He was our leading rusher against Indy with 54 yards and he has had a couple of 100 yard rushing games earlier in his career.

Do Chiefs play man on zone mostly? Allen's big runs usually come when teams play man and turn their back on him...he is typically faster and more athletic than most MLB's and simply runs away from them in the open field and the CB and/or safeties end up having to bring him down, although he has gotten much better with going out of bounds or sliding this year. He would much rather extend plays with his legs and make throws downfield, especially if he escapes to his right...he has made countless 20-30 yard laser throws on the sidelines this year after escaping the pocket to his right. He is pretty good to his left also(that throw against the Patriots running to his left, squaring his hips and stepping back before throwing a laser to Diggs off his backfoot in the endzone for a TD with a defender in his face would have made Mahomes proud), but prefers to go to his right.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:28 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).
That’s fair, but again, Diggs had 6 catches for 46 yards in the first game against the Chiefs. And that was when we were missing Sneed.

And, yes, I know, weather and harness for Josh, but pretty sure weather will end up being a factor this Sunday as well. Hopefully Josh doesn’t have to put on a harness too. Then you’d REALLY be in trouble.
[Reply]
joethomas 08:28 PM 01-18-2021
This is another step on our path to being the NFL's bad guys, like the Patriots for so many years, ruining every feel-good story of the year
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 08:30 PM 01-18-2021
Beasley looked like he could hardly get out of his breaks Saturday. I don’t think he’s 100% or close to it from what I could tell. Maybe he will be this week, but if not you’ve just got to try to contain Diggs as much as you can. Hold him to 50-80 yards and you’re sitting pretty. He’s Alllen’s 1st, 2nd and 4th read
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 PM 01-18-2021
The Ravens proved something we thought all along. Showing Allen things he doesn't expect messes with him. They changed up their D, he was unprepared for it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:31 PM 01-18-2021
I haven't seen anything from the Bills that gives me concerns on Sunday. Josh Allen obviously is a better QB than Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson or Phyllis Rivers. He can burn you with both his arm & legs. I still think he plays on a sugar high a lot of the time & I fully expect that to happen on Sunday playing on the road for the Super Bowl. This is the biggest game of his life & I'm sure his nerves will be on edge.

If Mahomes & CEH plays, I expect a game much like the earlier game except I expect the Bills to play the run better which will open up the passing game. The Bills are in a no win position in trying to defend the Chiefs. They can't fully concentrate on either the run or pass. The Bills have no running game except when Allen takes off. Cover Diggs & they have nothing. Spags will gameplan Allen & hold them to less than 20pts & we all know the Bills aren't holding the Chiefs to less than 20pts.

Bring on the Packers!
[Reply]
Bwana 08:31 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Trolls are contained in the Romper Room.

Talk about the Bills, take 2.

Go.

Yep, it needed to happen. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:32 PM 01-18-2021
I want Playoff Sammy available for this game. I really hope that calf is healed up and ready to go.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 92
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up