ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 72
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Spott 01:08 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I expected the next question to be "What is best in life?" Campbell: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." :-)

Seriously though, he was interviewed this morning on "Good Morning Football" and came across as a pretty cool dude. He's a huge Metallica fan to boot.
Before or after the Black album?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Very important question.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:20 PM 01-22-2021
So is it me or is the new minority hire draft pick rule kind of screwy in its implementation? I don't think it's going to produce the desired result the NFL wants.

It rewards teams for promoting their coaches of color and developing them through their organizations so that they can become better qualified and have a better chance of getting head coaching jobs.

The problem is there's no reward for the teams making the head coach hire. If institutional racism really is the reason why so many of these guys don't get jobs, then what incentive do owners have for changing that pattern of ignoring the qualifications of minority candidates? In fact they have even LESS incentive to do so now. Another team is going to benefit from you picking their guy. And you get diddle squat.

It's only been year one, but thus far, if the Texans don't hire Bieniemy, Frazier, Caldwell, or someone else, this coaching carousel with the rule in place will only have produced one coach of color to replace a fired black coach.

And who knows if it will get any better in future years. Personally, I doubt it will.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:24 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
To be fair, Campbell made a name for himself when he was the interim HC of the Dolphins and had some success.

All of this bitching and moaning is going to be irrelevant when the Texans hire Bieniemy though. And it’s entirely possible that he preferred the Texans over the Lions anyways.
Yeah, the true test is when EB ultimately gets the job. But teams that hired an inexperienced coach better hope and pray EB is an outright bust because deservedly their hires are going to be scrutinized to death. I'm not talking about Saleh or Stefanski or even Mccarthy. But if EB is even average and a guy like Campbell, Staley, or sirianni are a bust... Those GMs better watch out for their job security.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So is it me or is the new minority hire draft pick rule kind of screwy in its implementation? I don't think it's going to produce the desired result the NFL wants.

It's only been year one, but thus far, if the Texans don't hire Bieniemy, Frazier, Caldwell, or someone else, this coaching carousel with the rule in place will only have produced one coach of color to replace a fired black coach.

And who knows if it will get any better in future years. Personally, I doubt it will.
I agree completely. While 3rd round draft picks are a nice consolation prize for losing a trusted coordinator or coach, 3rd round draftees bust at a 75%+ clip.

If I'm an owner, I'll take hiring the right coach over a 3rd rounder going to a potential rival.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:51 PM 01-22-2021

It rewards teams for promoting their coaches of color and developing them through their organizations so that they can become better qualified and have a better chance of getting head coaching jobs.

The problem is there's no reward for the teams making the head coach hire. If institutional racism really is the reason why so many of these guys don't get jobs, then what incentive do owners have for changing that pattern of ignoring the qualifications of minority candidates? In fact they have even LESS incentive to do so now. Another team is going to benefit from you picking their guy. And you get diddle squat.

I imagine the bigger picture is it will encourage teams to fill their pipeline with diverse assistants and front offices who can groom future GMs. Will especially help front offices which are a lot less diverse assistants. And if front offices are more diverse, you might see coaching become more diverse too. On the coaching front, bet you see a lot of diverse assistants get coordinator gigs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I imagine the bigger picture is it will encourage teams to fill their pipeline with diverse assistants and front offices who can groom future GMs. Will especially help front offices which are a lot less diverse assistants. And if front offices are more diverse, you might see coaching become more diverse too. On the coaching front, bet you see a lot of diverse assistants get coordinator gigs.
Yeah, this is a big part of it.

The new rule really isn't supposed to increase head coaching diversity. It's supposed to encourage teams to hire racially-diverse assistants and develop them.

If they want to increase head coaching hires, that will likely require additional measures.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:46 PM 01-22-2021

Heard from a source today that Colts DC Matt Eberflus did a great job with his interview for the Texans head coaching job, and he’s considered an early favorite

— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) January 22, 2021

[Reply]
old_geezer 03:17 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
He actually mentioned the Black album as being hard to beat (along with "And Justice For All") but he would have to choose "Master of Puppets". :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:27 PM 01-22-2021

Josh McCown has strong leadership traits and intends to get into coaching eventually. He's been rumored as a possible NFL head coach during previous stops. But his plan has been to watch his sons play high school football the next few years. Obviously, this would change the plan.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 22, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:28 PM 01-22-2021
Josh McCown? Holy shit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:43 PM 01-22-2021
Josh McCown lol. No one wants the Texans job
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:44 PM 01-22-2021
Holy crap :-)

Not to be part of the coaching staff. Not to begin his coaching career. No. The Texans are considering bringing McCown in to be the head coach.

This isn't the friggin NBA you morons
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:50 PM 01-22-2021
Holy crap :-)

Not to be part of the coaching staff. Not to begin his coaching career. No. The Texans are considering bringing McCown in to be the head coach.

This isn't the friggin NBA you morons
Maybe he’ll coach and play after they trade Watson.
[Reply]
wazu 04:00 PM 01-22-2021
Is it possible that Josh McCown is a Watson demand?
[Reply]
Page 57 of 72
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up