ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 162
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:45 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This season I don't know how much it matters. At least not for the Chiefs. Whether we get the bye or not, I think the Chiefs will still represent the AFC in the SB. And then look at the NFC contenders. I can't see one of them that is on the Chiefs' level at this point. Not saying another Ring is a foregone conclusion, because it is the NFL, but the NFC leaders aren't that scary.
An extra game is an extra chance for something to go wrong, for a key piece to get hurt.

I want as few games as possible period.
[Reply]
O.city 06:48 PM 12-02-2020
Always always always want and go for the bye

One less game is always preferable
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:51 PM 12-02-2020
I think it's stupid adding a playoff team and taking away a bye week. Just a greedy money grab. As if they don't have enough money.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:52 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
An extra game is an extra chance for injuries. It's not about the games being hard. It's about the games being hard on the players. You want as few games as possible.
That's understandable for sure....but no different than any other week...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:53 PM 12-02-2020
Dupree torn ACL, out for season
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM 12-02-2020
An extra game is an extra chance for something to go wrong, for a key piece to get hurt.

I want as few games as possible period.
You have a point, not arguing that. Not arguing at all really.

I just don't believe that this season, given the teams that we're likely to face either in the AFC/NFC are that formidable that we HAVE to have the bye. We have a young team, so rest/recovery isn't really a thing, and injuries will happen or they won't. Aside from a freak injury, the Chiefs are more than good enough to win three games to get to the SB and win that as well. As long as Patrick, Fisher and Watkins stay healthy we're solidly in the driver's seat at this point.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Wow. How many ACLs is that for the league this season? Feels like a lot more than usual.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:54 PM 12-02-2020
The Steelers pass rush just became a one man show.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:55 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Why? What happened to TJ?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:59 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Well, dang
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:59 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Too bad- they are going to get run over the rest of the year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
That's understandable for sure....but no different than any other week...
I know it isn't any different than any other week. If they could get to the playoffs without playing some of those games, I'd be all for it. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:02 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
As long as Patrick, Fisher and Watkins stay healthy we're solidly in the driver's seat at this point.
Fisher just got dinged up, so he's hurting.

And yeah, Watkins. Don't get me started. :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:04 PM 12-02-2020
Cleveland is 8-3 but the Steelers already beat them by almost 40 points so I just don't see them being a spoiler.
True, but if you go back to that game, Steelers had a pick 6 about 4 mins into the game (after an opening FG drive), and three short field drives after turnovers / 4th down stops (one of which was deep in CLV territory)....

While kudos to the Steelers for making those plays, It's simply not sustainable in the long run, particularly when the competition goes into playoff mode.

Do I think CLV will beat the Steelers....no. Can they? most certainly, and I would wager that the second matchup will be different than the first, especially if the Steelers roll in at 15-0
[Reply]
RunKC 07:15 PM 12-02-2020
I mean it’s probably still the Steelers as our best competition but with Dupree out they have absolutely shot against us.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 162
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up