ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
DRM08 11:39 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Maybe so but Allen is nothing special. I dont even think he's a game manager b/c he's not accuarate. Yesterday, he may have set some sort of a record for coming unglued down the stretch of an NFL playoff game.
You saw the difference in the two QB's. Once HOU got tired of trying to give the game away, and once it was painfully obvious that Josh Allen was not capable of accepting any gifts to win the game, a play had to be made to finally win the damn thing, and Watson made it. The moment was clearly too big for Josh Allen yesterday. He looked terrified before he even took the field on every drive down the stretch. No way I want a QB like that for anything.
To be fair, it was his first playoff game. But you'd much rather see the guy start off shaky and finish strong than the other way around. He really fell apart down the stretch. UGLY stuff.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:39 PM 01-05-2020
Maybe so but Allen is nothing special. I dont even think he's a game manager b/c he's not accuarate. Yesterday, he may have set some sort of a record for coming unglued down the stretch of an NFL playoff game.

Even though Watson didnt look all that great for most of the game, you saw the difference in the two QB's. Once HOU got tired of trying to give the game away, and once it was painfully obvious that Josh Allen was not capable of accepting any gifts to win the game, a play had to be made to finally win the damn thing, and Watson made it. The moment was clearly too big for Josh Allen yesterday. He looked terrified before he even took the field on every drive down the stretch. No way I want a QB like that for anything.
Yeah he looked really bad in the clutch yesterday. Just saying he’s looked better in the clutch in regular season games. He might be a much more mobile version of Flacco. Flacco wasn’t terribly accurate either. And his first playoff performances were beyond terrible. But for one playoff run he out together a really solid performance and had the right pieces around him. Unlike an Alex Smith, Allen is at least somewhat aggressive for a game manager.

The bills are in trouble if he turns out to be a choker with playoff pressure. But if he doesnt I don’t think they’re regretting who they have. Of course they’d rather have mahomes or Rodgers but not every team is blessed with a generational talent.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:43 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah he looked really bad in the clutch yesterday. Just saying he’s looked better in the clutch in regular season games. He might be a much more mobile version of Flacco. Flacco wasn’t terribly accurate either. And his first playoff performances were beyond terrible. But for one playoff run he out together a really solid performance and had the right pieces around him. Unlike an Alex Smith, Allen is at least somewhat aggressive for a game manager.

The bills are in trouble if he turns out to be a choker with playoff pressure. But if he doesnt I don’t think they’re regretting who they have. Of course they’d rather have mahomes or Rodgers but not every team is blessed with a generational talent.
He's actually the modern day Bobby Douglas that can throw.:-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:43 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You guys are being a little hard on Deberg. At no point did Deberg ever say that Mahomes wasn't better than Allen.
Yes but a rational person knows it's not worth a thread to post what some random person said. Cause there is NO way a number of people said it where it warrants actually asking the community if they think these"people" are crazy.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:46 PM 01-05-2020

Even though Watson didnt look all that great for most of the game, you saw the difference in the two QB's. Once HOU got tired of trying to give the game away, and once it was painfully obvious that Josh Allen was not capable of accepting any gifts to win the game, a play had to be made to finally win the damn thing, and Watson made it. The moment was clearly too big for Josh Allen yesterday. He looked terrified before he even took the field on every drive down the stretch. No way I want a QB like that for anything.
:-)

Bills defense did far enough to win that game for sure.:-)
[Reply]
JakeF 09:45 PM 01-05-2020
Allen still has a lot to learn. He has to be able to calm down and focus in crunch time. He's still showing some talent though. He has a chance to be a quality starter in the NFL for a long time.
[Reply]
TLO 11:50 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Allen still has a lot to learn. He has to be able to calm down and focus in crunch time. He's still showing some talent though. He has a chance to be a quality starter in the NFL for a long time.
He's garbage
[Reply]
notorious 12:09 PM 01-16-2020
Jesus Christ. How many clogged turd threads are going to float up?
[Reply]
DRM08 12:12 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
He's garbage
Compared to Mahomes, I agree. Compared to a lot of other QBs in the NFL? Josh is pretty solid.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:13 PM 01-16-2020
Watching the WC game vs the Texans is proof enough.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:01 PM 10-05-2020
Josh is off to a very strong start this year, thanks in part to a schedule featuring 3 of the worst defenses in the league for the first 4 weeks. Dan Orlovsky bringing some high heat. I hope this kind of comparison motivates Mahomes, as it did for the Baltimore game.

MVP
@BuffaloBills

First 4 games:

2020 Josh Allen
4-0 W-L
1,409 yards
15 touchdowns
71% Comp pct
9.0 Yds per att

2018 Patrick Mahomes
4-0 W-L
1,253 yards
15 touchdowns
65% Comp pct
8.7 Yds per att
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:46 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Josh is off to a very strong start this year, thanks in part to a schedule featuring 3 of the worst defenses in the league for the first 4 weeks. Dan Orlovsky bringing some high heat. I hope this kind of comparison motivates Mahomes, as it did for the Baltimore game.

MVP
@BuffaloBills

First 4 games:

2020 Josh Allen
4-0 W-L
1,409 yards
15 touchdowns
71% Comp pct
9.0 Yds per att

2018 Patrick Mahomes
4-0 W-L
1,253 yards
15 touchdowns
65% Comp pct
8.7 Yds per att
Those Allen stats aren't right. He has 12 td's for 1326 yards and one int thus far.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:49 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Those Allen stats aren't right. He has 12 td's for 1326 yards and one int thus far.
Wow, I don't know where Orlovsky pulled those stats.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:50 PM 10-05-2020
I'm assuming they're counting his rushing numbers in there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:50 PM 10-05-2020
I’m guessing he added rushing stats for total yards and touchdowns.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up