ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:36 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That was a great throw and an even better catch. But it was not a very good decision. His receiver was not only doubled, but they technically had him completely covered. Probably should've been defensed, or even picked.
If Mahomes makes that throw everyone here is slobbing his knob as it being UNDEFENSIBLE!!! COVERAGE NO MATTER!!!!! MAHOMES IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!

That was a fucking amazing throw - the ball came out so fast and went to a spot those guys weren't getting it.

I think Josh Allen gives us all we can handle in two weeks.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:39 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
There are some pretty delusional Buffalo fans responding to that question. All it takes is a couple good games against some of the worst teams in the league and they think Allen is the greatest thing ever.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:40 PM 10-07-2020
Tried telling y’all Allen is for real. The only saving grace for us is that their defense is trash
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:40 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Chiefs have a significantly better pass defense, better QB, better weapons, and a better coach. We should all be rooting for a shootout.
If our pass rush can get pressure on him, I expect Josh to throw several picks, or at least intercept-able balls. I doubt he suddenly became a great decision-maker in one off-season. Especially an off-season in which he had almost no OTAs/camp reps. He's likely just the beneficiary of acquiring a top-tier WR (Diggs), and his OC building the offense around that, plus the fact that the Bills have played three of the worst defenses (possibly 4) in the league to this point.

I mean, look at their opponents so far: Jets, Dolphins, Rams, and Raiders. Only one of those teams has a pass rush at all. And the Jets and Dolphins and Raiders feature three of the worst defenses in the league. Only the Rams have a better-than-league average defense (8th/passing, 18th/rush), and the Bills should've lost that game except for some poor officiating.

And the Bills don't have a good pass rush.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:42 PM 10-07-2020
They have played the jets, dolphins, rams and raiders. Not exactly the top teams.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:45 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
They have played the jets, dolphins, rams and raiders. Not exactly the top teams.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Rams are good
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:46 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If Mahomes makes that throw everyone here is slobbing his knob as it being UNDEFENSIBLE!!! COVERAGE NO MATTER!!!!! MAHOMES IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!

That was a ****ing amazing throw - the ball came out so fast and went to a spot those guys weren't getting it.

He's okayish. Might be the 3rd best QB in his division. We'll see. I give him a C.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:50 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Rams are good
Are they? All 3 wins are against the horrible NFC East, 2 of them pretty ugly wins against Cowboys and Giants.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

That was a ****ing amazing throw - the ball came out so fast and went to a spot those guys weren't getting it.

Maybe. And I already said it was a great throw. And an even better catch.

I'm only pointing out that it wasn't a great decision, that it's never a great decision to throw into double coverage, especially when one of the defenders is draped over your receiver.

I'll go one further: I think in the same exact situation, Patrick doesn't attempt that throw, because it's too tight and it's a double. I think he goes to the receiver in the flat on the right or the guy that appears to be leaking out on the left of the OL. Either one is basically wide open, and both had room in front of them to maybe score anyway.

When Mahomes makes most of his great throws, it's almost never into double coverage, unless it's a bracket and the safety over the top is late, usually because Patrick manipulated the poor bastard into moving away from the receiver he wants to throw to. But throwing into a double on the EZ? Doesn't sound like Mahomes to me.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:54 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Are they? All 3 wins are against the horrible NFC East, 2 of them pretty ugly wins against Cowboys and Giants.
That and Goff is their QB. The only reason people care about him is because our 2018 defence made him look like Joe Montana. The dude sucks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Dafuq is their logic on that one?

They got White w/ the Chiefs pick, yes. And they also got the 22nd overall in 2018, which when combined w/ the 3rd they also got might have allowed them to move up to 16 and select Edmunds (though not quite).

The 'trade' was Mahomes for White and Edmunds. Then they used 7 overall on Allen.

Did their scouting department do an amazing job of salvaging a poor decision? Oh absolutely. But any team that could've had Patrick Mahomes (i.e. all of 'em) and doesn't, made the wrong choice.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:35 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There are some pretty delusional Buffalo fans responding to that question. All it takes is a couple good games against some of the worst teams in the league and they think Allen is the greatest thing ever.
Yeah, it’s hilarious.

One guy said that it would be swapping 3 superstars for one decent player.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:00 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tried telling y’all Allen is for real. The only saving grace for us is that their defense is trash
Just like Lamar Jackson was for real, right?

Is there an opposing QB you don't slobber all over?
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:38 PM 10-07-2020
Call me when he throws lasers in a playoff game.

That game against the Texans last year was brutal, man. He looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Ten bucks says Belichick sweeps the Bills yet again this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:45 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Call me when he throws lasers in a playoff game.

That game against the Texans last year was brutal, man. He looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Ten bucks says Belichick sweeps the Bills yet again this year.
He's gotten a LOT more precise this year.

Last season he threw a lot of passes about 18 inches away from where he wanted them and made every catch for his receivers just a little harder than it needed to be.

He wasn't Tebow out there, but his pass catchers were ALWAYS having to reach back or down or up to snag a ball that was largely an unforced misfire.

If a guy can refine his mechanics to the point where that tendency largely goes away for 4 games, then it stands to reason that it's pretty sustainable. I don't think he'll stay THIS good, but I do think there's an strong chance that he's a vastly improved player to the guy he was last season.

And if so, that's a really frisky ballclub.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up