ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 251
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251 >
Hall of Classics>***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***
gblowfish 11:01 PM 09-29-2014
Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Its 5am and I finally got back home in DSM.

That game was bananas.

I'm going to go collapse in bed now.
If you're tired after, you should have adopted the strategy of the guy on the right.

[Reply]
ghak99 01:05 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you're tired after, you should have adopted the strategy of the guy on the right.

He paid pretty damn good money to take a nap there.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:08 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.
Yes, you can.

Young,rookie pitcher not used to being used in relief ... not used to any playoff situations and you bring in a pure relief situation. If you bring in Ventura at the beginning of an inning ... clean, it one thing.

Our bullpen is one of the best in baseball and Yost pulls this stupid shit.

Leave Shields in ... go straight to Davis

Davis can pitch 2 innings. Herrera or Ventura in at the beginning of the 8th.

Holland for the ninth

Not to mention that double steal debacle

Yost is mediocre coach.

He's only redeeming quality is that his players like him. A happy clubhouse is good but still.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:08 PM 10-01-2014
btw Salvy has to get over swinging at every low pitch he sees.

This is baseball, not golf.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:10 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
The wild card in baseball is a one game series. They won the one game series. Therefore, I'm unsure as to the point you're making.

I'm pretty sure that is an oxymoron.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:11 PM 10-01-2014
That's not going to happen. Salvy loves digging pitches out. It's his thing. Maybe it can be corrected, but I'd guess at this point he might just be a bad-ball hitter.

But fanning at every slider that comes within three feet of the plate is annoying as fuck.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:14 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen:
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
The Chiefs would only have to win one game. :-)

And the Royals did their best to cram 7 games of drama into one last night.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:16 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen:
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
It's not a play-in game. It's officially the MLB postseason.

It definitely counts.
[Reply]
Hootie 01:17 PM 10-01-2014
Salvy desperately needs to develop a better batting eye...and someone needs to throw Gordon a million breaking balls low and away so he learns to lay off of those suckers
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:23 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
I'm only on page 32 (of 74 now) but this thread is quite entertaining.

*Though I will readily admit I pretty much said, "**** it" last night after the 7th. I told the Mrs, "If you're ready, we can head home. We both have to work in the morning anyway."
She said, "Nope...if they did happen to come back and win you would be pissed at the world for leaving early and you would be impossible to live with and I would probably have to shoot you in your sleep.....we're staying"
That's awesome
[Reply]
BWillie 01:35 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Yes, you can.

Young,rookie pitcher not used to being used in relief ... not used to any playoff situations and you bring in a pure relief situation. If you bring in Ventura at the beginning of an inning ... clean, it one thing.

Our bullpen is one of the best in baseball and Yost pulls this stupid shit.

Leave Shields in ... go straight to Davis

Davis can pitch 2 innings. Herrera or Ventura in at the beginning of the 8th.

Holland for the ninth

Not to mention that double steal debacle

Yost is mediocre coach.

He's only redeeming quality is that his players like him. A happy clubhouse is good but still.
Ventura is no more of a rookie than Kelvin Herrera. Herrera only has a slight amount more innings than Ventura even though he's been around for 4 years. Not all rookies are created equal. I don't buy the rookie thing at all, unless it's like their 3rd or 4th game played or something. After that, you are a professional. You've played baseball your entire life, nothing has changed.

Like I said, I would have preferred Duffy, but I can certainly see why Yost went with Ventura. Absolutely. Ventura actually does induce alot of ground balls AND has the most strikeouts of any starter on the team. He also just came off of the longest innings pitched without a HR streak in the majors. He's let up the LEAST amt of home runs of ANY starting pitcher on the Royals. Based on his career splits, he actually pitches well to left handed batters, better than Shields. Just as good if not better than Herrera. And, combine the fact that he should be MORE EFFICIENT as a reliever than as a starter, ESPECIALLY with his gas and stuff, it's not a bad decision. Look at Hochevar and Davis. All mediocre starters, but very good in the bullpen. A starter will be even MORE efficient as a reliever. I don't buy the argument, he's not a reliever, so you don't use him bullshit. Hoch and Davis were immediately great in the pen when they were demoted.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 10-01-2014
Ventura is no more of a rookie than Kevlin Herrera. Herrera only has a slight amount more innings than Ventura even though he's been around for 4 years. Not all rookies are created equal. I don't buy the rookie thing at all, unless it's like their 3rd or 4th game played or something. After that, you are a professional. You've played baseball your entire life, nothing has changed.

Like I said, I would have preferred Duffy, but I can certainly see why Yost went with Ventura. Absolutely. Ventura actually does induce alot of ground balls AND has the most strikeouts of any starter on the team. He also just came off of the longest innings pitched without a HR streak in the majors. He's let up the LEAST amt of home runs of ANY starting pitcher on the Royals. Based on his career splits, he actually pitches well to left handed batters, better than Shields. Just as good if not better than Herrera. And, combine the fact that he should be MORE EFFICIENT as a reliever than as a starter, ESPECIALLY with his gas and stuff, it's not a bad decision. Look at Hochevar and Davis. All mediocre starters, but very good in the bullpen. A starter will be even MORE efficient as a reliever. I don't buy the argument, he's not a reliever, so you don't use him bullshit. Hoch and Davis were immediately great in the pen when they were demoted.
Yost going to Ventura - a guy with little relieving experience and no experiencing coming out of the pen with men already on base - when he had two dynamic lefty options in that pen is just fucking criminal.

It's an egregiously terrible decision on several levels.

First, it puts a talented but young pitcher in a completely unusual situation, which makes the moment more challenging. Pitchers and especially starters are creatures of habit. The more experience they have, the more they can overcome being outside normal habits.

Second, it completely ignores the fact that Oakland had its 4-5-6 guys coming up, and all three are RH killers. If you go to the pen there, you HAVE to go get a lefty.

Third, he was willing to go to Herrera that inning and willing to let him pitch two innings. Makes going to Ventura first look even worse.

Fourth, considering Brandon Finnegan dominated the Oakland lineup through an entire turn through the batting order - and handled Brandon Moss with ease - shows in-game evidence that he should have been the call.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:51 PM 10-01-2014
Ventura is no more of a rookie than Kelvin Herrera. Herrera only has a slight amount more innings than Ventura even though he's been around for 4 years. Not all rookies are created equal. I don't buy the rookie thing at all, unless it's like their 3rd or 4th game played or something. After that, you are a professional. You've played baseball your entire life, nothing has changed.

Yea and how did that work out for you and Yost?

stupid mofo almost flush the season away

maybe Yost will try a mythical triple steal against the Angels and you can cheer his 6-ways of stupid ass then too.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 01:57 PM 10-01-2014
Caption this pic

[Reply]
Hootie 01:59 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
Caption this pic
Uncle!!! Uncle!!!!
[Reply]
Page 248 of 251
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251 >
Up