ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Unnecessary drama?
Hootie 07:37 PM 05-19-2013
:-)

I made a thread that anyone who didn't want to participate in simply didn't have to post in. Pretty fucking easy.

You can make a parody thread about beating the shit out of a co-worker after some dipshit poster posted a dumbass thread about being threatened....and that's all fine and dandy...

but you can't make a time killer thread that would have been FUN...and anyone who didn't want to hear my dumbass opinion on them simply didn't have to post in the thread.

oh but you closed it for not wanting "unnecessary" drama. How'd that work out?

I find it amazing that a guy who averages about a post per week the last 3 months still moderates this site.

Remember when DaFace was the only active moderator and the only things that got moderated were the things that needed to be moderated?

Ha. Those were the days.

Now we have Gonzo who locks a thread that was going to be more funny than anything (I had a classic post for Thig Lyfe) because he holds some stupid e-grudge on me because I hurt his wife's feelings sometimes.

Ridiculous. Sometimes people make really stupid decisions on this website. I've literally caused zero problems in forever...way to be a dipshit Gonzo.

You must be having a bad day in your already terrible life I guess.
[Reply]
Consistent1 08:12 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

If Chiefsplanet really wants to ban you, they can ban you.
He did nothing this time, seriously come on.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:12 PM 05-19-2013
I like Gonzo and would like to thank him for the entertainment for the evening
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
What are things your boyfriend might say as he grabs your ears, Alex?
This is like the 4th post in a row you've made that has to do with me and aome weird homosexual fetish. U wanna open up bruh?
[Reply]
Hootie 08:12 PM 05-19-2013
You probably shouldn't get so cocky nor feel quite so safe, since you apparently don't understand how Internet firewalls and Network Address Translation work. If you're getting a different IP address every day, that address is a private address that is used only by your company's internal network. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that your IP address is either 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x, or 10.x.x.x.

The IP address that Chiefsplanet sees is the public IP address of your Internet firewall, and that address doesn't change. It would be simple for a Chiefsplanet mod to ban that IP address. If you work for a company with thousands of employees you probably don't have to worry, because no mod at Chiefsplanet is going to ban an entire company because one guy is misbehaving. But if you work for a smaller company, you are fooling yourself if you think you are safe from an IP ban.

I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:13 PM 05-19-2013

[Reply]
J Diddy 08:13 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
U wanna open up bruh?
Another thing your boyfriend will say.
[Reply]
Hootie 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Closing the thread wouldn't have been my first choice.

I don't know about the history between you two. I like Gonzo and Lumpy. They are good people.

Have you ever been the admin of a website? You have any ideas how many pitching fits you have to moderate behind the scene's?

Hootie, I've stuck up for you on here., But name me any forum that allows the freedom that this board does?
DUDE

I STARTED A THREAD

SAYING I WAS GOING TO RANK ANYONE WHO POSTED BY THE PERCENTILE I PLACE THEM IN ON THIS WEBSITE

how in the fuck does one even CONSIDER locking that thread?

especially considering the MVP, douche of the year, etc etc etc threads this site ALWAYS has

so in short

:-)
[Reply]
Bwana 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
Shocking

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hootie:
I figured this might be the case...but there are literally 4 free wifi networks with strong signal I can connect to. Right now I'm not even using my hotels wifi.

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:14 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Consistent1:
He did nothing this time, seriously come on.
What do you mean, "seriously come on"?

I didn't say anything about whether or not he should be banned. I was just trying to educate him a little about TCP/IP addressing schemes and whether or not he is as "safe" as he thinks he is.
[Reply]
Planetman 08:15 PM 05-19-2013
Someone needs to get laid ... and banned ... not in that order.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:15 PM 05-19-2013
I don't think someone's being a "crying bitch" if they are actually the wronged party. Hootie's thread shouldn't have been closed. That's clear. AND closing caused more drama, which was the obvious outcome.

I know there is the argument about different restrictions on posters who have been problematic in the past, but even given that, closing the thread was a weird choice.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 08:16 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by SNR:
longjohnsilvers.jpg
Peyton Manning
[Reply]
Hootie 08:16 PM 05-19-2013
yeah

I was SO wrong.

Originally Posted by :
Post in here, and I will tell you where I think you rank in terms of percentile on ChiefsPlanet.com. I will highlight your pros (if you have any) and cons and then most likely give you a recommendation on how much anti-freeze you should digest.

Alright...

GAME ON
I was just asking for it!!
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:16 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hootie:
The same thing applies. If a mod is determined to put an IP ban on you (and he knows his shit), he can put an IP ban on you. He might have to ban multiple IP addresses, and he might have to ban multiple proxy servers, but a determined moderator could ban you and make it stick.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 24
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up