ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Simms Previews Chiefs vs Bills
Tribal Warfare 04:36 AM 01-22-2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 08:34 AM 01-22-2021
One thing literally everybody forgets is that our OL got benched due to the Raiders game and had two new starters salivating to prove themselves in Allegretti and Kilgore.

We also signed LeVeon Bell that week, so CEH and Williams and even Thompson were all charged up to run hard and save their depth chart position.

We don't have those advantages this time, but I'm not sure it will matter if Mahomes plays.

The Bills have lots going for them, but Mathieu is in DPOY-mode and the entire defense is cresting as a result, and Mahomes-Hill-Kelce is so impossibly good there is literally no answer for it in the NFL.

That combination of players is 15-1 this year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:39 AM 01-22-2021
I figure the Chiefs win this one, but I believe it has the potential to be a hell of a game and really fun to watch. Good luck.
[Reply]
Pants 10:55 AM 01-22-2021
Love when Phil called Chris "Christopher," haha.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:47 AM 01-22-2021
I'm worried about the weather. Wish these 2 games' times were swapped. I hate these cold night games.

I see where it's gonna be rainy and 30's and sleet on Monday.
[Reply]
wazu 11:54 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I'm worried about the weather. Wish these 2 games' times were swapped. I hate these cold night games.

Would love to see some statistics, but Chiefs in the Mahomes era seem to play great in bad weather.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:57 AM 01-22-2021
One random x-factor I worry about with this rain is Allen's ability to run to keep the chains moving. We know they are going to pass 90% of the time, so if we are in coverage formations all game, he may have the ability to bust some runs here and there.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:58 AM 01-22-2021

Is it time for an arrowhead dome?

The downfall of January football in KC. Or some would say, an advantage....

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...=279866&page=9
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
One random x-factor I worry about with this rain is Allen's ability to run to keep the chains moving. We know they are going to pass 90% of the time, so if we are in coverage formations all game, he may have the ability to bust some runs here and there.
It didn't help them in the first game.

He ran the ball 8 times for 42 yards.

We WANT him to be their leading rusher. There's no way the guy can do it all by himself. If he's running for 40 or 50 yards, he's passing for a lot less.

Just like the first game, when he didn't even break 125.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 01-22-2021

Mahomes has been great in the rain, snow, and the cold.

It's an absolute advantage for the Chiefs.

The Bills fans even admit it - "weather" is one of their go-to excuses.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:30 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Would love to see some statistics, but Chiefs in the Mahomes era seem to play great in bad weather.
They haven't lost in bad weather since the 2018 AFCCG.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
They haven't lost in bad weather since the 2018 AFCCG.
And even then, the cold had no effect on the offense. The Patriots defense played a lights out first half but if the weather had been a contributing factor, the 2nd half wouldn't have happened.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:49 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Mahomes has been great in the rain, snow, and the cold.

It's an absolute advantage for the Chiefs.

The Bills fans even admit it - "weather" is one of their go-to excuses.
Josh Allen is young, played at Wyoming in the cold. I'm sure he's used to it, perhaps even more so than Mahomes. Any advantage either was is pretty minor, though.
[Reply]
Up