ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
scho63 04:47 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
I will admit I don’t get water fasting. Wouldn’t a juice and water fast be better for your body?
Just vegetables and vitamins in the juice. Just coffee and water. :-):-)
NO! Juice has tons of carbs and would take you out of ketosis. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 04:51 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
NO! Juice has tons of carbs and would take you out of ketosis. :-)
Juice is not as healthy as people want to believe it is. Basically pure sugar with some vitamins added.
[Reply]
scho63 05:01 PM 12-16-2021
The 13 Best and Worst Low-Carb Fruits
If you’re following a low-carb diet and are wondering what fruits you can still eat, here are some common fruit varietals, ranked from the least amount of carbs to the most.

1. Tomatoes, cherry
5.8g per cup

Yes, tomatoes are a fruit! You might not eat them like an apple, but they’re just as delectably sweet and juicy when ripe, helping you satisfy that craving for just under 6 grams of carbs per cup.

2. Clementines
8.89g per fruit

This tasty citrus is a variety of mandarin oranges. They’re small enough for a sweet afternoon snack, so keep a few on hand for when you need a refreshing treat!

3. Kiwi
11g per fruit

Don’t let their furry exterior throw you off — kiwis are a great low-carb fruit that a solid grocery list staples. They’re also in season for nearly the whole year, excluding summer. One fruit has just 42 calories, so you can give your sweet tooth a nice fix with this low-cal fruit.

4. Strawberries
11.67g per cup, halved

For peak strawberry deliciousness, enjoy them during spring and summer when they’re in season. Pro-tip: the smaller the berry, the more intense the flavor is! And although you may thing that citrus is king when it comes to vitamin C, one cup of strawberries actually has 149 percent of your daily needs of this vitamin!

5. Blackberries
13.84g per cup

Compared to other berries, blackberries are fairly low in sugar, with only 7 grams per cup. They make a great addition to yogurt, and can also be mixed into salads for a sweet contrast.

6. Raspberries
14.69g per cup

Another lower carb berry on this list, raspberries are in their prime in the summer and fall months. If you’re trying to decide whether to splurge for organic raspberries, research shows that it might be worth it, finding organic raspberries to be significantly higher in total antioxidant capacity than non-organic raspberries.

7. Peaches
14.69g per cup, sliced

Speaking of organic vs. non-organic fruits, peaches were second on the list of produce with the most pesticides, just under apples. So if you can go organic for this particular low-carb fruit, it’s probably worth it!

8. Apples
15.05g per cup, sliced

You’ve probably heard the saying about an apple a day keeping the doctor away, but what about an apple a day keeping the pounds away? Research has shown that consuming apples can lead to weight loss in overweight individuals. However, it’s not determined what kind of apple, or how much to consume, but it’s a promising start.

9. Honeydew
15.45g per cup, diced

A staple of fruit salads, honeydew really shines in the summer. So if you pick up this melon, make sure it’s during the summer months so you can get the most flavor. It’s also a pretty low-calorie fruit — you can enjoy a whole cup for just 61 calories!

10. Plums
18.8g per cup, sliced

A kind of stone fruit (along with peaches and mangos), plums can be great as a topping for yogurt or cereal, and are also easy to enjoy just as they are. Keep one on hand for a small snack — one plum is just 30 calories and 7.5 grams of carbs — or munch on a cup of sliced plums for a bit more substance.

11. Blueberries
21.45g per cup

Blueberries are one of the higher carb berries on this list, but they also provide a ton of great nutrients, like vitamin K, potassium, and fiber. Plus, you can fit a lot of blueberries into one cup, so if the 21 grams of carbs makes you nervous, know that even just half a cup of blueberries is a solid serving.

12. Cherries
22.09g per cup, with pits

No, we’re not talking about those candy-like maraschino cherries here. Dark cherries provide plenty of natural sweetness on their own, and although they appear pretty high on this list of low-carb fruits, they’re still a healthy option for a sweet treat.

13. Bananas
26.95g per fruit, medium

Topping off this list is bananas. They’re not exactly a low-carb fruit, clocking in at just under 27 grams of carbs per banana, but they do have tons of great health benefits! One medium banana has 422mg of potassium, has just 105 calories, and three grams of fiber. Plus, its natural peel packaging makes it a great fruit to take on-the-go.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:26 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Juice is not as healthy as people want to believe it is. Basically pure sugar with some vitamins added.
This.

Kids drink juice. Adults have no need for it as it's worthless.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:33 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't think any here are arguing that fasting isn't beneficial. The issue here seems to be the length of the fast.

I am not qualified to speak on it, but what does a 10-day fast do for you that a 3-day fast wouldn't?
Well many claim it resets your immune system. Probably not a great idea at the moment to purposely allow your immune system to tank for a few days...
[Reply]
Fish 05:47 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This.

Kids drink juice. Adults have no need for it as it's worthless.
OJ mixes well with vodka.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:50 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
OJ mixes well with vodka.
Ok frat boy.

Plenty of adult drinks for vodka that don't involve juice, especially lame ass OJ.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:51 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Well many claim it resets your immune system. Probably not a great idea at the moment to purposely allow your immune system to tank for a few days...

I’ve read about that. Apparently that only takes 72 hours of fasting.
[Reply]
Fish 05:56 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ok frat boy.

Plenty of adult drinks for vodka that don't involve juice, especially lame ass OJ.
Technically I prefer the orange/pineapple mix with vodka. But you can go fuck yourself regardless.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:28 PM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't think any here are arguing that fasting isn't beneficial. The issue here seems to be the length of the fast.

I am not qualified to speak on it, but what does a 10-day fast do for you that a 3-day fast wouldn't?
I'm no expert either. The documentary posted is about long term water fasting and its benefits. It focuses more on improving symptoms of ailments like asthma, arthritis, and cancer.

I use ketoses pee sticks and by day 3-4 they are showing full ketoses. Funny thing is I feel much better by day four through ten and have a good amount of energy.

I had a digestive issue years back and my doctor literally said "stuff happens when you get older" or something to that affect. I tried a 7 day water fast and my symptoms went away. So now I do a 7-10 water fast every year to cleanse my system.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up