ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 490 of 1209
« First < 390440480486487488489490 491492493494500540590990 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:53 PM 04-16-2017

[Reply]
LoneWolf 12:10 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What the shit, Clankles? Are you gonna shit up the entire world?

https://www.reddit.com/r/food/commen...e_crispy_duck/
You can easily tell that pic wasn't taken by Clay. There aren't any Star Wars figures on the table and it looks fairly clean.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:40 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Eating good.

Looks like Alex Smith after attempting a North-South throw with Eric Winston protecting him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:42 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Eating good.

Fat ass Andy Reid eats 5 of those at half time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:00 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I eat the ines from sams a lot.

Recipe for the jerk? I caught a recipe awhile ago and it looked like a LOT of work.
This was a grilled recipe from Cook's Illustrated.

1 tablespoon allspice berries
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Grind the allspice, peppercorns, and thyme. Then combine with the rest.

I cut the cayenne in half since my wife doesn't like too much heat. I thought it could use more heat, she liked it right where it was.

The key to the grilling part of this recipe is brining the legs (1/2 c. salt, 2 qt. water) for 30-60 minutes, and then cooking them indirect to 185 degrees, then crisp the skin.

The low and slow of indirect renders the fat really well. It's kind of a long cook - all in, took about an hour, but turned out some of the best legs I've done on a grill. The brine keeps the meat really juicy even though you're basically overcooking it on purpose.
[Reply]
tooge 07:08 AM 04-17-2017
smoked up chicken thighs and drums, smoked a large turkey breast, and smoked a salmon filet. Figured the smoker was going, might as well load it up to make a weeks worth of good smoked protein.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:18 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by tooge:
smoked up chicken thighs and drums, smoked a large turkey breast, and smoked a salmon filet. Figured the smoker was going, might as well load it up to make a weeks worth of good smoked protein.

Do you reheat or do you eat it cold? I can't reheat poultry without it tasting funky.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This was a grilled recipe from Cook's Illustrated.

1 tablespoon allspice berries
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Grind the allspice, peppercorns, and thyme. Then combine with the rest.

I cut the cayenne in half since my wife doesn't like too much heat. I thought it could use more heat, she liked it right where it was.

The key to the grilling part of this recipe is brining the legs (1/2 c. salt, 2 qt. water) for 30-60 minutes, and then cooking them indirect to 185 degrees, then crisp the skin.

The low and slow of indirect renders the fat really well. It's kind of a long cook - all in, took about an hour, but turned out some of the best legs I've done on a grill. The brine keeps the meat really juicy even though you're basically overcooking it on purpose.
Thanks man. I'll see what I can do. Some of that stuff, including a grinder is going to take some work to come across.

Good tip on the indirect then crisp.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:46 AM 04-17-2017
Easter Dinner:

rack of lamb
asparagus
rice pilaf
spinach salad with strawberries
(poppy seed dressing0
Cabernet Sauvignon wine

Chocolate cake with marshmallow and nuts between layers and whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Decorated with a coconut nets with candy Eggs inside. Precede by a mini jelly bean Easter basket.

Cafe Verona coffee
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:19 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Easter Dinner:

rack of lamb
asparagus
rice pilaf
spinach salad with strawberries
(poppy seed dressing0
Cabernet Sauvignon wine

Chocolate cake with marshmallow and nuts between layers and whipped chocolate ganache frosting. Decorated with a coconut nets with candy Eggs inside. Precede by a mini jelly bean Easter basket.

Cafe Verona coffee
I'm not a big lamb guy, but I'd be interested in how GOOD lamb tastes.

What kind of dressing you rolling with? I need to up my salad game, and a dressing that would work with strawberries sounds amazing.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:20 AM 04-17-2017
Thanks man. I'll see what I can do. Some of that stuff, including a grinder is going to take some work to come across.

Good tip on the indirect then crisp.
I use one of these just for spice. Less than $20, and does a really nice job, even with relatively small amounts.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:21 AM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I use one of these just for spice. Less than $20, and does a really nice job, even with relatively small amounts.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean that? I can't imagine cross contaminating spices is optimal.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:23 AM 04-17-2017
I'm not a big lamb guy, but I'd be interested in how GOOD lamb tastes.

What kind of dressing you rolling with? I need to up my salad game, and a dressing that would work with strawberries sounds amazing.
What don't you like about lamb? If it's a little strongly flavored, try to find domestic lamb. It's generally milder. Additionally, almost all the strong flavor of lamb is in the fat - so if you trim off most of the fat caps, you'll tame it a bit.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:26 AM 04-17-2017
How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean that? I can't imagine cross contaminating spices is optimal.
Funny you ask. I have two - one for savory applications and one for sweet. I don't recommend making apple pie after you ground a bunch of cumin if you didn't do a REALLY GOOD job of cleaning it.

I clean it first by grinding up some white rice. That seems to do a really nice job of cleaning the grinding mechanism, and then I just wash out the cap/bowl with soap and water.

That seems to do a good enough job of not getting tastes between different things.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:27 AM 04-17-2017
we did sheet pan shrimp boil for easter. fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Page 490 of 1209
« First < 390440480486487488489490 491492493494500540590990 > Last »
Up