ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Popping my "away game" cherry
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:12 PM 08-12-2019
A buddy, his brother, my son and I are going to Denver for the 10/17 game. We're behind the Chiefs bench in row 4. I can't wait to walk in wearing our Chiefs gear. I've never been to an away game. My son is super pumped which makes me excited.

In another first for me, I'm going to Royals game this weekend. Not really a baseball fan but I'm going with friends, son, and a nephew who are.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:37 AM 08-15-2019
Hopefully you bring us some luck to Dungver. Gonna be rough going into that high altitude on a short week. Gotta run the total to 9 straight this year!
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:31 AM 08-15-2019
Been to San Diego/LA, Denver, and Houston for away games with zero incidents.

The only time something MIGHT of happened was when we were in Denver on a Sunday night and a Bronco fan was staring at my wife for most of the 1st quarter when there was a stop in the action. I shot in front of my wife, directly into his eyesight and winked. Not sure if it was meant to make her feel unwelcome at Denver or something more carnal...but it diffused the whole situation and I didn’t catch him doing it again.

You’re going to get poked at, but as others have said in this topic: its all in how you respond. If you smile and have fun with it, everyone can have a good time. If you get easily offended and act as if the guy telling you “Mahomes is gay LOL” is akin to him sexually assaulting your mother, then yeah....things can go South really quick.

Obviously, if the heckling is constant or getting out of hand, ask them to chill or call security. It’s not that hard and the problems really start only because of alcohol and men trying to prove their masculinity in front of large crowds who don’t give two shits.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:23 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Been to San Diego/LA, Denver, and Houston for away games with zero incidents.

The only time something MIGHT of happened was when we were in Denver on a Sunday night and a Bronco fan was staring at my wife for most of the 1st quarter when there was a stop in the action. I shot in front of my wife, directly into his eyesight and winked. Not sure if it was meant to make her feel unwelcome at Denver or something more carnal...but it diffused the whole situation and I didn’t catch him doing it again.

You’re going to get poked at, but as others have said in this topic: its all in how you respond. If you smile and have fun with it, everyone can have a good time. If you get easily offended and act as if the guy telling you “Mahomes is gay LOL” is akin to him sexually assaulting your mother, then yeah....things can go South really quick.

Obviously, if the heckling is constant or getting out of hand, ask them to chill or call security. It’s not that hard and the problems really start only because of alcohol and men trying to prove their masculinity in front of large crowds who don’t give two shits.
If they talk shit about Mahomes I'll fight the whole crowd!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:45 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The camaraderie between Chief fans for road games is awesome.

Can't wait to see one in Chicago this year.
This is true....Steelers game last year, Atlanta game a few years back (the Berry 2pt conversion game)....I always thought Chiefs fan travel pretty well, and definitely a close-knit group. I'm in for the Jax game, along with the BBQ and Tailgating, so I'm stoked for that....

I was also looking for another game to go to, preferably at Arrowhead, but doesn't matter. I do a lot of work in Chicago and could wrap that game around a business trip, but Chicago in December is not my idea of fun....
[Reply]
yeti 07:46 PM 08-15-2019
Been to most of the Chiefs games at Denver except maybe 2-3 years since 2000. I have always worn my Chiefs gear and cheer for the team. You can give some shit if you can take some shit. As most have already alluded to, don't act like an idiot and you will be fine. After the game, I would always walk down to the light rail station and take the trains home, sometimes alone, and have never felt threatened/unsafe.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:20 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I'll bet that was a great time!
Needless to say,my only trip there and still considered an NFL classic.We had to head back that night on the Chiefs Travel bus and had Bob Seger's Get Out Of Denver cranked up.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:26 AM 08-18-2019
As far as Chiefs away games the most trouble I ever had was at a Vikings/Chiefs game,I guess that sting from Superbowl IV has never subsided.Even the next day at a sports bar they were still being jerks.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:07 AM 08-18-2019
I've been to a few dozen Chiefs away games, and my worst experience by far was in Oakland where I genuinely feared for my safety (and was pushed and shoved by dozens of people and nearly punched by a couple). I've had some bad experiences in Foxboro as well. Jets/Giants and Bears fans have been mildly abusive. Never done Philly though imagine that's likely pretty bad too. All others have been relatively benign.

As others have said, if you keep to yourself, you'll be fine 99% of the time.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:16 AM 08-18-2019
As far as having a blast at an away game that would be N'Awlins,even had a Saints fan take my Chiefs cap and put on his head as he celebrated a KC TD with me.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:18 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
As far as having a blast at an away game that would be N'Awlins,even had a Saints fan take my Chiefs cap and put on his head as he celebrated a KC TD with me.
Got a buddy in Louisiana. He came up here to Arrowhead when we played last. (2016 I think). Made the deal that I will go to New Orleans when we play next year there. So that will be my first opponent game I guess. When I was a kid in Texas, I did get to go to a Cowboys/Falcons game. But I don't think that counts :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:00 AM 10-17-2019
Headed to the airport now! Really looking forward to this. Don't let me down Grandpa Bob II!
[Reply]
stevieray 09:03 AM 10-17-2019
My daughter and son in law are going to the game.

Flew in from Tampa.

Have fun!
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:07 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I've been to a few dozen Chiefs away games, and my worst experience by far was in Oakland where I genuinely feared for my safety (and was pushed and shoved by dozens of people and nearly punched by a couple). I've had some bad experiences in Foxboro as well. Jets/Giants and Bears fans have been mildly abusive. Never done Philly though imagine that's likely pretty bad too. All others have been relatively benign.

As others have said, if you keep to yourself, you'll be fine 99% of the time.
I saw a Chiefs/Raiders game in LA when the Raiders were at the Coliseum. The people we were staying with said "Don't wear any Chiefs stuff." "Why?" we asked. "Will the Raider fans hassle us?" "No, but the gangs will shoot at you if you wear red. Don't wear red or blue. Those are gang colors." What a lovely environment for a sporting event. Jeez....
[Reply]
xbarretx 09:08 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I hope he goes his entire career undefeated at that place.

**** the Broncos
Sho-nuff!

then the Broncos can KISS MY CONVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:29 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I saw a Chiefs/Raiders game in LA when the Raiders were at the Coliseum. The people we were staying with said "Don't wear any Chiefs stuff." "Why?" we asked. "Will the Raider fans hassle us?" "No, but the gangs will shoot at you if you wear red. Don't wear red or blue. Those are gang colors." What a lovely environment for a sporting event. Jeez....
I went to the Chiefs Raiders game when they returned to Oakland.
I wore a chiefs coat.
Putting it nicely- it was an experience. Had a beer can lobbed at me.
Someone tried to nail me with a football in the parking lot.
Never had seen anyone smoking weed at football game (inside stadium) before then either.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up