« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>GEHA Field at Arrowhead
Third Eye 03:15 PM 03-04-2021
Well, that just happened.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...owhead-Stadium
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:42 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I worked for GEHA 20 years ago when I lived in Kansas City. It is a non-profit Health Insurance Company for Federal Employees. Anyone that I worked with is not there anymore. They never did any advertising for the 17 years that I worked there.

I would like to know why they are paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. Their income is from the monthly fee that comes out of the Federal Employees paychecks. How much are they paying the Chiefs to have the field in their name. It seems that they are just using tax payers money to pay for it. It kind of pointless.
Insurance companies began as Not-For-Profit entities and it's only been since the early 90's that almost all insurance companies became For-Profit. For Blue Cross/Blue Shield, that year was 1994.

Regardless, just because a company is a Non-Profit doesn't mean that they don't have a marketing arm nor pay their employees and executives competitive wages. GEHA is fairly small, serving only 1.8 million people but there's definitely opportunity for growth.

A company like that is ripe for an Angel Investor or as a private equity investment.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:16 PM 03-05-2021
This, for sure. will sell tickets to preseason games.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:05 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Insurance companies began as Not-For-Profit entities and it's only been since the early 90's that almost all insurance companies became For-Profit. For Blue Cross/Blue Shield, that year was 1994.

Regardless, just because a company is a Non-Profit doesn't mean that they don't have a marketing arm nor pay their employees and executives competitive wages. GEHA is fairly small, serving only 1.8 million people but there's definitely opportunity for growth.

A company like that is ripe for an Angel Investor or as a private equity investment.
Many BCBS plans maintain their nonprofit status, though in reality it means little to the consumer. Instead of paying out shareholders, they hold surplus or fund special projects, so there’s no savings passed on. Profit margins are actually quite small in reality and the big profits are more an indicator of scale.
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 09:26 AM 03-06-2021
Jackson county tax payers give Clark hunt 2 million a year for maintenance at arrowhead.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:57 PM 03-06-2021
That's an unfortunate name...
[Reply]
Chiefs69 02:25 PM 03-06-2021
Geez.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:30 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefs69:
Geez-Ha
Fyp
[Reply]
Frazod 03:05 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Remember, GEICO actually stands for Government Employees Insurance Company.
[Reply]
eDave 03:26 PM 03-06-2021
The partnership, the first stadium sponsorship for the Chiefs, is a step in the right direction. GEHA Field has a ring to it. Arrowhead Stadium, not so much in 2021. Yes, the franchise has played at the historic venue since 1972. But times have changed. No longer is it acceptable to use degrading Native American imagery or to appropriate Native culture to root on sports teams.

Although fans still use the racially insensitive “Arrowhead Chop” and the honorary custom of banging a war drum remains a game-day tradition, the Chiefs have made strides in addressing the concerns of Native Americans. The organization banned headdresses and other attire that mocks Native Americans.

Why stop there? Fans will support the Chiefs no matter what field the team calls home. Removing “Arrowhead” completely from the stadium name should be the organization’s next logical move.

- Kansas City Star
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
The partnership, the first stadium sponsorship for the Chiefs, is a step in the right direction. GEHA Field has a ring to it. Arrowhead Stadium, not so much in 2021. Yes, the franchise has played at the historic venue since 1972. But times have changed. No longer is it acceptable to use degrading Native American imagery or to appropriate Native culture to root on sports teams.

Although fans still use the racially insensitive “Arrowhead Chop” and the honorary custom of banging a war drum remains a game-day tradition, the Chiefs have made strides in addressing the concerns of Native Americans. The organization banned headdresses and other attire that mocks Native Americans.

Why stop there? Fans will support the Chiefs no matter what field the team calls home. Removing “Arrowhead” completely from the stadium name should be the organization’s next logical move.

- Kansas City Star
Just when I thought I couldn't possibly hate those cocksuckers any more than I did before.
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 03:49 PM 03-06-2021
The war drum and the name Arrowhead will be next.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:05 PM 03-06-2021
cocksuckers

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:22 PM 03-06-2021
:-)

The Star continues to be extremely out of touch with the Chiefs fan base.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:15 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
one who sucks the peniss

I’m am so fucking exhausted with cancel culture.

Let’s name it ‘Unicorn Stadium: Your Safe Place!’
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:34 PM 03-06-2021
I feel like we've been GEHA'd...

I'm finding that I just really don't care and The Clarks probably don't care if I care so there.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up