ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tequila connoisseurs - Advice
TNTEICHER 12:31 PM 03-03-2021
I have love of tequila and would like advice. Am looking for a 100% agave resposado.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:06 AM 03-06-2021
Vida is pretty good but I think I got bored of it. Never tried Bozal. I'll give it a shot. Trader Joe's has a couple brands that aren't bad. Illegal also good. There's really only one I haven't liked - something Vons had that I can't remember the name of.

I can't believe me and all my friends grew up thinking Monte Alban was mescal. Talk about a shitty brand destroying and entire class of liquor for Americans for generations.

Also I was in Oaxaca in the winter - it's pretty damn cold unless you go to the coast.
[Reply]
KCTitus 11:37 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
Say what now? Blancos are delicious, just a different flavor - you're getting agave without the barrel influence. Fortaleza Still Strength blanco is one of my favorite sippers.
there's a reason why they age alcohol in barrels...I appreciate the flavor that the wood imparts. I cannot image a scotch aged in stainless steel being very good, but to each his own I guess...

you can have all the Blanco's and I'll take the Anjeo's.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:43 AM 03-06-2021
This thread has spurred an epiphany in me, its time for a break from my same old tired vodka routine... gonna go get a high dollar bottle of tekillya for tonight
[Reply]
DomerNKC 01:37 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
I drink the Giro,a VALUE brand, on the rocks just like I drink Crown. Ice is my only "mixer" and I never have it come back up. But the 100 anos is much smother.

Like someone else stated, I don't do silver. Silver lacks taste.
I Remember killing a bottle of Patron silver with you in 1998 playing Goldeneye. You didn't mind it that much...
[Reply]
Sorry 01:53 PM 03-06-2021
I love sipping on tequila straight- the rocks teremana is a great sipping one

But I love to mix it. What are some of your guys go to mixes?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:00 PM 03-06-2021
Best margarita recipe:

2 parts tequila or mescal
3/4 part agave nectar
2 small or one large fresh-squeezed lime

Pour over ice and shake vigorously.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:08 PM 03-06-2021
I tend not to drink tequila very often because just as whiskey/scotch tends to bring out my inner angry Scotsman, tekillya in turn brings out my inner angry Mexican

That said, just got back with a bottle of Don Julio Blanco that I'll start sipping on shortly... after this beer appetizer, of course

If I start becoming a belligerent asshole later, you'll know why...
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:35 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Best margarita recipe:

3/4 part agave nectar

Wrong. I'll post my recipe later.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:39 PM 03-06-2021
Have you tried this recipe? You can go with lighter or darker agave nectar for different flavors. Or more limey if you like it super limey. I like it less limey.

You can float Cointreau (my favorite) or Gran Mariner if you want to get fancy.
[Reply]
Shag 03:47 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
there's a reason why they age alcohol in barrels...I appreciate the flavor that the wood imparts. I cannot image a scotch aged in stainless steel being very good, but to each his own I guess...

you can have all the Blanco's and I'll take the Anjeo's.
Appreciating the flavors of the barrel, I get - I love anejos and extra anejos. But, saying blancos have no flavor is crazy talk. Sounds like you just don’t like the flavor, which is fine, but many do.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:11 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Best margarita recipe:

3/4 part agave nectar

Close

2 parts tequila
1 part triple sec
Juice from 2 limes
.5 parts agave nectar

Authentic margarita.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 08:02 PM 03-06-2021
Many thanks for encouraging me to get the Tres Generaciones out! Cheers to you!
[Reply]
Sorry 09:29 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Close

2 parts tequila
1 part triple sec
Juice from 2 limes
.5 parts agave nectar

Authentic margarita.
Triple sec is where it’s at! I always try for the best orange triple sec I can find
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:06 AM 03-07-2021
I don't like triple sec - it gives me acid reflux.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 03-07-2021
I like chasing mine with sangrita.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up