ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach: Fisher Projected as a Mid-August Return
SAGA45 03:01 PM 03-01-2021
This was from Veach's zoom presser this morning in response to Sam Mellinger following up on a previous response by Veach where he said Mahomes, Schwartz and Fisher were all expected back by August.

When asked, Veach referred again to his notes from Rick (Burkholder) that stated Fisher is projected as a "mid-August return".

Veach then went on to clarify that there's obviously other variables that could impact that but as far as the information he had in front of him from Rick and the medical staff, mid-August is the projection.

LINK (question is asked at 20:25 mark): https://fb.watch/3Z3FNr0fc7/

Now, Fisher will probably be put on PUP list to start the season but still, this is phenomenal news considering many were expecting Fisher to miss the 2021-22 season entirely.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:23 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What do you want them to do? Sign a high priced free agent?

Don't say anything about the draft because none of those guys have played a down in the NFL, just like Niang.
I am pretty sure that any potential offensive tackle the Chiefs would draft this year will have played in a football game and participated in an organized football practice more recently than October 2019 as is the case with Niang.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I am pretty sure that any potential offensive tackle the Chiefs would draft this year will have played in a football game and participated in an organized football practice more recently than October 2019 as is the case with Niang.
Several mocks have us taking Walker Little from Stanford.

He was injured in 2019 and opted out in 2020.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And just FYI, but in Andy Reid's 2 decades of coaching, he's NEVER started a rookie tackle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:14 PM 03-06-2021
And just FYI, but in Andy Reid's 2 decades of coaching, he's NEVER started a rookie tackle.
Does Fisher not count?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:53 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I really can't believe we're counting on a pair of brokedicks in the most pivotal season we're going to have for awhile.

This might be the last season Kelce and Tyreek are at their absolute peak physical potential.

The future of this offense gets dicey if either one of them falls off.
Everything I’ve seen you post since the SB that’s football related has been absolutely moronic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Does Fisher not count?
Fisher started at RT not at LT. Sorry, I meant to say LT.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 PM 03-06-2021
Several mocks have us taking Walker Little from Stanford.

He was injured in 2019 and opted out in 2020.
No thanks
[Reply]
staylor26 09:19 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No thanks
Maybe in round 1.

He’d be an excellent value on day 2 and is a perfect fit for our offense.
[Reply]
Delano 09:50 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everything I’ve seen you post since the SB that’s football related has been absolutely moronic.

He's playing the heel this year. He flips every season I think.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:27 PM 03-06-2021
And when he did (Fisher at RT in 2013), he fucking sucked so much ass that he was benched for Donald fucking Stephenson.

When Albert went out for the last 4 games of the season, who started at Left Tackle? Oh yeah, Donald fucking Stephenson.

Andy does not like playing rookie tackles.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 PM 03-06-2021
I wonder if there’s any chance the Chiefs cut LDT.

I definitely don’t think so, but if we didn’t have question marks all over the OL, I think he would be a candidate.

There are going to be a lot of G’s available.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wonder if there’s any chance the Chiefs cut LDT.

I definitely don’t think so, but if we didn’t have question marks all over the OL, I think he would be a candidate.

There are going to be a lot of G’s available.
Nope. It cost us dead money to cut him in any situation this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nope. It cost us dead money to cut him in any situation this year.
Ahh I hadn’t looked at that. I thought they could clear some space.

Like I said though, didn’t think it would happen either way. Just some LNBS looking at these G’s that are and might be available.

I saw Zeitler and Norwell could be cut or traded. They’d still be great additions (if they’re cut).
[Reply]
BossChief 11:34 PM 03-06-2021
i think Fisher started as a rookie...but we know what you meant.

Andy’s history at his tackle spots has shown he prefers to get “sure things” at the OT spots.

Tre Thomas was drafted in 1998 (the year before Andy got to Philly) and started day one...so Andy didn’t have to worry about LT until 2009 when he signed Jason Peters to replace him when Tre was 34 years old. Peters started at LT till...last year.

2 left tackles in his whole time in Philly and only had to replace one once.

Andy signed Jon Runyon in his second year in Philly and he was his starter at RT till 2009. Andy never successfully replaced Runyon and the RT spot was a revolving door after Runyan was done.

Andy prefers vets at the OT spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No thanks
That's the kind of guys that are going to be available though. The top guys are all going to be gone.

The top guys in free agency are going to be too expensive.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up