ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach: Fisher Projected as a Mid-August Return
SAGA45 03:01 PM 03-01-2021
This was from Veach's zoom presser this morning in response to Sam Mellinger following up on a previous response by Veach where he said Mahomes, Schwartz and Fisher were all expected back by August.

When asked, Veach referred again to his notes from Rick (Burkholder) that stated Fisher is projected as a "mid-August return".

Veach then went on to clarify that there's obviously other variables that could impact that but as far as the information he had in front of him from Rick and the medical staff, mid-August is the projection.

LINK (question is asked at 20:25 mark): https://fb.watch/3Z3FNr0fc7/

Now, Fisher will probably be put on PUP list to start the season but still, this is phenomenal news considering many were expecting Fisher to miss the 2021-22 season entirely.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:30 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Can we just clone our 2003-5 O-Line and use them? I mean come on, it's the 21st Century. Where are my flying cars and serviceable football player clones?
I couldn't imagine the insanity of this offense if we could have that line replace this one. Schwartz in his prime to play RT and I don't think we would lose a game. Pat would have 60 TDs a year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:17 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Panic?

A dislocated knee, turf toe and debateable concussion are already on Patrick’s body mileage.
Dislocated knee: QB sneak, not related to o-line play
Concusion/stun: Designed run, not related to o-line play

Sorry, you're going to have to do better than his turf toe injury to justify throwing pretty much every available resource we have at a potentially very small problem.

- Who has guaranteed Fisher returns to form and when?
- Great that Schwartz looks to be back, but for how long? He was regressing pre-injury and backs are finicky.
- Niang won’t have played football in almost two calendar years. You think he just slides in and will be great?
- LDT: overrated and overpaid. A year removed from football.
- Reiter likely walks in FA.
- nobody, and until they do or don't, there's no need to panic and replace him with anybody we can get our hands on.
- If they say he'll be ready and he says he'll be ready, who are you to say he won't be?
- So since he's never played, we should replace him with someone who's never played? I NEVER said he'd be great. In fact, I never said Niang would be ANYTHING. But until he actually plays, you can't either. He's an unknown, just like EVERY ONE of these guys people want to draft because we need to "fix the line".
- LDT is certainly not overpaid compared to the market. As for overrated, that's fine, but then again, it seems you want to replace EVERYONE, which is just absolutely fucking laughable.
- Nope, not likely. We have no idea.

It’s not panic, it is reality. The Chiefs have to build the line back up again for both the short term and the future.
Not based in reality at all. At all.

They said Fisher and Schwartz will be back. You obviously have trust issues with a team and front office that won us a Super Bowl - the first one in FIFTY YEARS - 2 years ago and has us right back again this past season. That's the real problem here, not the offensive line.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I couldn't imagine the insanity of this offense if we could have that line replace this one. Schwartz in his prime to play RT and I don't think we would lose a game. Pat would have 60 TDs a year.
If we had that line, we wouldn't probably have Mahomes, or Tyreek, or even a decent defense.

You simply can't invest in one unit like that a build a balanced team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If we had that line, we wouldn't probably have Mahomes, or Tyreek, or even a decent defense.

[Reply]
Sofa King 08:21 AM 03-02-2021
Panic?

A dislocated knee, turf toe and debateable concussion are already on Patrick’s body mileage.

- Who has guaranteed Fisher returns to form and when?
- Great that Schwartz looks to be back, but for how long? He was regressing pre-injury and backs are finicky.
- Niang won’t have played football in almost two calendar years. You think he just slides in and will be great?
- LDT: overrated and overpaid. A year removed from football.
- Reiter likely walks in FA.

It’s not panic, it is reality. The Chiefs have to build the line back up again for both the short term and the future.
If we look at the situation realistically, this is actually pretty accurate. We need to pump as much into the O-line as we can.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:23 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
If we look at the situation realistically, this is actually pretty accurate. We need to pump as much into the O-line as we can.
It's not realistic at all.

He's essentially saying everyone needs replaced.

How in the fucking fuckety fuck fuck is that realistic?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 AM 03-02-2021
IF The team feels confident that both Fisher and Schwartz will return to form then the OT situation is in good shape with Niang and possibly Wanegho in the wings. I'd still like a veteran swing guy.

Interior line gets an upgrade with LDT over Wylie. Alegretti is serviceable, he's not a guy you have to help anyway. Osemele is a cheap vet option to back-up/push for a spot depending on his health. Rankin is a G. Durant has potential at G.

We need a Center. Reiter isn't good enough. Maybe a vet on a prove it deal like Britt? Or a draftee like Humphrey/Myers/Meinerz. I'd prefer to do both.

That would appear to upgrade not only the starting 5 over the last half of the season, but also improve the quality of depth.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
IF The team feels confident that both Fisher and Schwartz will return to form then the OT situation is in good shape with Niang and possibly Wanegho in the wings. I'd still like a veteran swing guy.

Interior line gets an upgrade with LDT over Wylie. Alegretti is serviceable, he's not a guy you have to help anyway. Osemele is a cheap vet option to back-up/push for a spot depending on his health. Rankin is a G. Durant has potential at G.

We need a Center. Reiter isn't good enough. Maybe a vet on a prove it deal like Britt? Or a draftee like Humphrey/Myers/Meinerz. I'd prefer to do both.

That would appear to upgrade not only the starting 5 over the last half of the season, but also improve the quality of depth.
Yep.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 10:57 AM 03-02-2021
Chiefs need a quality swing Tackle.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:32 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Ecto-I:
To be fair, Sneed was a Safety and probably considered a "tweener," so there's that.
Who played corner most of his college years, right?
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:59 AM 03-02-2021
As much as I'd like to burn them both and start over, we can't do so unless we work out an injury settlement. We're probably stuck with them next year no matter what.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:43 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

That line wasn’t due to over investment.

We traded a 4th fir Roaf.
Waters was an UDFA
Weigman was a FA
Shields was a third
Tait was a first

We have more invested in our current line, by far.

Here’s why it’s not just panic to bolster the current OL. The offense is built by timing and opening things up outside the framework of the play. If we give Pat an elite OL, he will not only take less punishment...he will have time to dissect defenses.

There are advanced stats that show Pat is basically unstoppable with average amount of time. With above average amount of time, what would be opposing defenses way to attack our offense when we can just pound them when they drop 7?
[Reply]
tmax63 06:57 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

There are advanced stats that show Pat is basically unstoppable with average amount of time. With above average amount of time, what would be opposing defenses way to attack our offense when we can just pound them when they drop 7?
This is what I was getting at during the Super Bowl. He was running for life from a 4-man rush. At least one ready to start OL thrown into the mix from the draft giving PMII an extra second for guys to get open and for him to see them might be the difference in getting another ring or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

We traded a 4th fir Roaf.
Waters was an UDFA
Weigman was a FA
Shields was a third
Tait was a first

We have more invested in our current line, by far.

Here’s why it’s not just panic to bolster the current OL. The offense is built by timing and opening things up outside the framework of the play. If we give Pat an elite OL, he will not only take less punishment...he will have time to dissect defenses.

They traded a 4th for Roaf and then gave him a top 5 LT contract. Shields was one of the highest paid OL in football. Tait was on his 2nd contract after being a first round pick. Wiegmann got paid, too.

That unit was by far the most expensive part of that team. So yes, it was absolutely over investment.

You can upgrade the line without going fucking crazy. Fortunately, that's exactly what the Chiefs will do. They don't panic like people here do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
This is what I was getting at during the Super Bowl. He was running for life from a 4-man rush. At least one ready to start OL thrown into the mix from the draft giving PMII an extra second for guys to get open and for him to see them might be the difference in getting another ring or not.
So if they don't get a starting OL in the draft, they're not going to get another ring?

:-)

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:37 AM 03-03-2021
I dont get the desire to replace 5 guys on the line. The guards are gonna be looking decent with a room of wylie, Allegretti, and LDT coming back and the possibility of osmele coming back, we need a center. The tackles are both said to be expected back, with Niang, a high pick and solid college player. So we need a center a swing tackle and developmental guys. JFC. People are over reacting like a mother fucker around here.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up