ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach: Fisher Projected as a Mid-August Return
SAGA45 03:01 PM 03-01-2021
This was from Veach's zoom presser this morning in response to Sam Mellinger following up on a previous response by Veach where he said Mahomes, Schwartz and Fisher were all expected back by August.

When asked, Veach referred again to his notes from Rick (Burkholder) that stated Fisher is projected as a "mid-August return".

Veach then went on to clarify that there's obviously other variables that could impact that but as far as the information he had in front of him from Rick and the medical staff, mid-August is the projection.

LINK (question is asked at 20:25 mark): https://fb.watch/3Z3FNr0fc7/

Now, Fisher will probably be put on PUP list to start the season but still, this is phenomenal news considering many were expecting Fisher to miss the 2021-22 season entirely.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:25 PM 03-01-2021
I’ll be very surprised if he plays before mid October
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:27 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't get your hopes up. They're both coming back.
I think if they're both healthy that's fantastic.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:28 PM 03-01-2021
maybe it wasn't a complete tear? Like not severed? And so it's a repair as opposed to a reconstruction?
[Reply]
Jerok 05:45 PM 03-01-2021
If we really get Schwartz and Fisher back and Tardiff returns and Niang is a guard for this year, would be draft a center? Or maybe draft another guard to tackle conversion like we are planning with Niang?

Or just keep with our strategy of Olinement on day 3... man I cant wait for the draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:58 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I was listening on the radio today and they basically said that the chiefs will likely either need to cut one of the tackles or restructure their contracts to get under the cap. It will be interesting if the chiefs decide to move on from Schwartz or Fisher.
They're almost certainly going to restructure Fisher to get his cap hit down. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends him long-term as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:58 PM 03-01-2021
If we really had both tackles we could just add more firepower as well as OL and DL depth.

Then again, we were already listed as the Super Bowl favorites for next year before this news.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:59 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think if they're both healthy that's fantastic.
Personally, I think both of them being fully healthy is pretty unlikely but if the Chiefs think they'll be ready, I can accept that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:02 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
maybe it wasn't a complete tear? Like not severed? And so it's a repair as opposed to a reconstruction?
This is my thinking and why their projection. But I will say this again, you can't protect your Lamborghini QB with a carport.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:06 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
This is my thinking and why their projection. But I will say this again, you can't protect your Lamborghini QB with a carport.:-)
You don't need 2 garages for just one car, either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:07 PM 03-01-2021
And Chris Brown, who lived up the street from me for years, parked both of his Lambo's in his driveway.

That home does not have a car port.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:09 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And Chris Brown, who lived up the street from me for years, parked both of his Lambo's in his driveway.

That home does not have a car port.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:11 PM 03-01-2021
I think we definitely do because our Lamborghini is Mahomes:-) But I get your point.:-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:04 PM 03-01-2021
Protect the investment. Fuck the injury projections. Get younger at the tackle position and plan for worst-case scenario. If they don’t, they learned nothing from the Superbowl beatdown.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:09 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Protect the investment. **** the injury projections. Get younger at the tackle position and plan for worst-case scenario. If they don’t, they learned nothing from the Superbowl beatdown.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Delano 07:29 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Protect the investment. Fuck the injury projections. Get younger at the tackle position and plan for worst-case scenario. If they don’t, they learned nothing from the Superbowl beatdown.
What do you think Lucas Niang is? The Chiefs are years ahead of you. They couldn’t project Covid.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up