ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Peters, your opening day starting LT in 2021
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 02-06-2021
That’s what’s happening. Then he’ll move to RT when Fisher is healthy, and Remmers moves to guard and we win 3 bowls in a row.

The end.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ore-season-nfl
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:58 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Speaking of old Philly linemen, I was about to ask on Jason Kelce -

Lulz at people thinking he'd come here for peanuts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:59 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Speaking of old Philly linemen, I was about to ask on Jason Kelce -

That's a lot of cash.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:09 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's a lot of cash.
If Reiter thinks he’s getting even 75% of that they better be planning on moving Allegretti to center.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:10 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Chiefs are interested according to this rumor: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1...871642636?s=21

It makes a lot of sense, said it from the time this was posted on CP. He’s a cheap stopgap for them in case Fisher and/or Schwartz aren’t ready, and they don’t address OT early in the draft.

Andy knows him and if he’s worth bringing into the building.

I respect your football takes Pug.. But you’re out of your mind if you think a 39 year old Peters can block this guy or anyone close to him.. Peters will need a concealed weapon to aid him in his endeavor...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:17 PM 03-05-2021
Chiefs are interested according to this rumor: https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1...871642636?s=21

It makes a lot of sense, said it from the time this was posted on CP. He’s a cheap stopgap for them in case Fisher and/or Schwartz aren’t ready, and they don’t address OT early in the draft.

Andy knows him and if he’s worth bringing into the building.
He’s coming here. Kind of shocks me how many people are against it after watching Remmers and Wylie get annihilated in the Super Bowl. Put him at either tackle spot and he’d hold his own drastically better than either of those chumps.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:34 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:

I respect your football takes Pug.. But you’re out of your mind if you think a 39 year old Peters can block this guy or anyone close to him.. Peters will need a concealed weapon to aid him in his endeavor...
How many guys can block that guy well very consistently? That’s a tough ask.

Peters would be a fine stopgap — he’d just need to hold the fort awhile until Fisher is truly ready.

I wouldn’t trust just any rookie to be better than Peters in the first 4 weeks of the season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:39 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He’s coming here. Kind of shocks me how many people are against it after watching Remmers and Wylie get annihilated in the Super Bowl. Put him at either tackle spot and he’d hold his own drastically better than either of those chumps.
Hes washed
[Reply]
-King- 02:41 PM 03-05-2021
How many guys can block that guy well very consistently? That’s a tough ask.

Peters would be a fine stopgap — he’d just need to hold the fort awhile until Fisher is truly ready.

I wouldn’t trust just any rookie to be better than Peters in the first 4 weeks of the season.
Jason Peters started 8 games and is credited for 7.5 sacks allowed. In no way shape or form would he be a fine stop gap. He'll be a year older and coming off another season ending injury. He's a really
really bad player that Eagles fans are hoping retires just for his dignity at this point.
[Reply]
-King- 02:42 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
7.5 sacks allowed in 8 starts last year.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...d=7122&team=21
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:47 PM 03-05-2021
Yikes. That's really fucking rough.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:47 PM 03-05-2021
I really hope we don't continue trying to solve this problem by stacking our roster with broke****s and pray one can stay healthy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:53 PM 03-05-2021
Carl Lawson fucking wrecked him in their game. That's where at least 3 of them came from.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:54 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I really hope we don't continue trying to solve this problem by stacking our roster with broke****s and pray one can stay healthy.
Well we’ve got 2 injured veteran tackles in the last year of their deals taking up like $30 million in cap space. We have a veteran right guard coming back making big money who we basically can’t cut due to the backlash it would create no matter how he looks when he returns. We don’t have a lot of short term flexibility unfortunately.

I’m sure they’ll bring in some draft picks and they still have high hopes for Niang, but for next year we’re in a very tough spot.
[Reply]
TEX 03:01 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
7.5 sacks allowed in 8 starts last year.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...d=7122&team=21
Well since Mahomes got plenty of practice running for his life in the Super Bowl, it should not be a problem...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:05 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Jason Peters started 8 games and is credited for 7.5 sacks allowed. In no way shape or form would he be a fine stop gap. He'll be a year older and coming off another season ending injury. He's a really
really bad player that Eagles fans are hoping retires just for his dignity at this point.
He also was protecting for a mentally broken QB who lost his confidence and started holding the ball for long periods of time.

Check this out: It's a really good breakdown that assigns "blame" on sacks. They drop Peters to "responsible" for 5 sacks.

There's also video of all the sack reps, so you can see Peters in action.

I wouldn't want to count on him for a full season by any means, but I can see utility in bringing him in on a cheap, no-risk deal to band-aid LT for the first 4-6 games of the year while either Fisher gets healthy, or Niang or a rookie draft pick gets up to speed to handle.

He's obviously not what he was, but he could be a good cheap option.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up