ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Peters, your opening day starting LT in 2021
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 02-06-2021
That’s what’s happening. Then he’ll move to RT when Fisher is healthy, and Remmers moves to guard and we win 3 bowls in a row.

The end.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ore-season-nfl
[Reply]
-King- 10:29 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He’s going to be here guys. I’m shocked you all don’t see it. It’s dirt cheap, no risk and familiar. Reid is not just throwing out 2 new tackles next year who don’t know the system. He’s certainly not lining Remmers up at LT to start the year.

I’m not saying he’s playing 16 games. He’s just the kind of guy who teams like the ‘new’ Chiefs sign. I think there’s an obvious connection.
Why do you think Peters is better than Remmers at this point?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:30 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Lets revisit this after the Super Bowl. If Remmers holds it down you can't resign him quickly enough. Honestly, at this point in their careers, Mike Remmers is a better player than 39 year old Jason Peters.
Oh I won’t even deny that, Remmers is a must keep already. But I’d much rather have him at RT.

But yeah, you keep him for sure unless he gets killed Sunday.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:37 PM 02-06-2021
So many variables to consider before you need to go after a 39 year old injury plagued left tackle that Philly fans want out of town. 1. Does Schwartz retire? 2. Does Fish have any chance at returning early in the year? 3. Remmers has been solid all year. What if he freaking takes JPP out of the game tomorrow and just dominates that matchup? 4. How high are they on Niang? 5. Does a cant miss day 1 starter at tackle fall to us in the draft?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:37 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do you think Peters is better than Remmers at this point?
I’m not even saying he is. But you have a Hall of Fame lineman who openly admits he’s playing for a ring, knows the system and will be dirt cheap. We have no healthy players under contract and will need to add guys. I like Remmers much more at RT.

I probably created too much of a “click bait” title for the thread. I could see Peters being an early starter next year. That’s all I was saying. He’s going to be the kind of guy I see us signing.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:42 PM 02-06-2021
So many variables to consider before you need to go after a 39 year old injury plagued left tackle that Philly fans want out of town. 1. Does Schwartz retire? 2. Does Fish have any chance at returning early in the year? 3. Remmers has been solid all year. What if he freaking takes JPP out of the game tomorrow and just dominates that matchup? 4. How high are they on Niang? 5. Does a cant miss day 1 starter at tackle fall to us in the draft?
Oh yeah, this is all a factor.

I’m just saying, Andy loves veteran lineman. I just really think he ends up on this team and starts early. That’s all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:53 PM 02-06-2021
Lets revisit this after the Super Bowl. If Remmers holds it down you can't resign him quickly enough. Honestly, at this point in their careers, Mike Remmers is a better player than 39 year old Jason Peters.
Good grief.

Remmers is starting at Right Tackle tomorrow.

Martinas Rankins is the Left Tackle.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:56 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good grief.

Is that true?

They are starting Rankins at LT after not playing all season?

That is interesting.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:57 PM 02-06-2021
Good grief.

Source?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:59 PM 02-06-2021
There are links in related threads
[Reply]
scho63 11:36 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Wisconsin Chief will be wrong again.

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:45 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wisconsin Chief will be wrong again.

Hmm, have I posted something this bold before?

I don’t really care, just wondering.

Hey, thanks for your comment!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 PM 02-06-2021
I’ll be shocked if Rankin starts tomorrow. They’ve had multiple opportunities to sub him in at OT and have elected to slide Wylie out each time.

Only thing really suggesting he will is Adam Caplan and I don’t think he has any true idea otherwise it would be out there.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:58 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Eagles have acknowledged they’re now in a retooling phase and there’s no way they can justify bringing back a 39-year-old left tackle who has struggled to stay on the field. Peters is one of the greatest players in franchise history but it’s obviously time to move on and Peters knows it too.

This guys is older than dirt/ Pass
:-):-)

I love him though. He was NAILS in his prime. But he is due for an achilles tear or another blown out knee.
[Reply]
TEX 12:31 AM 02-07-2021
Good grief.

I'll be SHOCKED if Rankins starts at LT. He is absolute DOG SHIT at Tackle. Ranked the WORST in the NFL when he did. He almost got Deshaun Watson killed on many occasions. We don't need Mahomes to be subjected to that shit tomorrow in any way, shape or form. Lord help us if true...
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:00 AM 02-07-2021
Why does everyone think Fisher will be out an extended amount of time? Derrick Johnson tore his Achilles in December 2016 and was back to start opening day 2017.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up