ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Peters, your opening day starting LT in 2021
Wisconsin_Chief 09:45 PM 02-06-2021
That’s what’s happening. Then he’ll move to RT when Fisher is healthy, and Remmers moves to guard and we win 3 bowls in a row.

The end.

It’s almost getting too easy to predict.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ore-season-nfl
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:08 PM 02-06-2021
He's old and injury prone. But this is a good situation for that. It buys some time for Niang. And it gives an extra veteran option which is fine since what we most need is someone to hold the fort down until fisher is back, right? But only at the right price of course.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He's old and injury prone. But this is a good situation for that. It buys some time for Niang. And it gives an extra veteran option which is fine since what we most need is someone to hold the fort down until fisher is back, right? But only at the right price of course.
By definition, a stop gap plays. You don't sign injury-prone players to be stop gaps.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:10 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's like we learned nothing from the Sammy Watkins experience.
Sammy has been one of the best wrs in franchise post season history tho
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sammy has been one of the best wrs in franchise post season history tho
Until this year, when he hasn't played a snap.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 PM 02-06-2021
39 years old.

Insane that he’s played this long, but he’s done.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:14 PM 02-06-2021
We need young hungry players that can stay awhile- not turn into a retirement home for washed up players.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:15 PM 02-06-2021
If Schwartz calls it a career, Remmers and Niang will start at tackle opening week. Fish back mid-season.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:16 PM 02-06-2021
I've got a better idea, let's trade for Cam Erving instead.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:20 PM 02-06-2021
He’s going to be here guys. I’m shocked you all don’t see it. It’s dirt cheap, no risk and familiar. Reid is not just throwing out 2 new tackles next year who don’t know the system. He’s certainly not lining Remmers up at LT to start the year.

I’m not saying he’s playing 16 games. He’s just the kind of guy who teams like the ‘new’ Chiefs sign. I think there’s an obvious connection.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:22 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By definition, a stop gap plays. You don't sign injury-prone players to be stop gaps.
You might consider it when that player protects mahomes' blind side. The hope is that niang wins the position. This just adds an extra layer of insurance. Maybe a game or 2 if niang isn't ready. If niang isn't ready and Peters gets hurt we're in the same position we're in today.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:26 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Eagles have acknowledged they’re now in a retooling phase and there’s no way they can justify bringing back a 39-year-old left tackle who has struggled to stay on the field. Peters is one of the greatest players in franchise history but it’s obviously time to move on and Peters knows it too.

This guys is older than dirt/ Pass
39 year old left tackle... hahaaa, lulz
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:26 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He’s going to be here guys. I’m shocked you all don’t see it. It’s dirt cheap, no risk and familiar. Reid is not just throwing out 2 new tackles next year who don’t know the system. He’s certainly not lining Remmers up at LT to start the year.

I’m not saying he’s playing 16 games. He’s just the kind of guy who teams like the ‘new’ Chiefs sign. I think there’s an obvious connection.
Lets revisit this after the Super Bowl. If Remmers holds it down you can't resign him quickly enough. Honestly, at this point in their careers, Mike Remmers is a better player than 39 year old Jason Peters.
[Reply]
alanm 10:26 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I've got a better idea, let's trade for Cam Erving instead.
I know people gave him a lot of shit while he was here, but boy I sure wish he was able to suit up tomorrow.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:28 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You seem to get it. Pretty easy to understand I thought.

People seem to think I’m saying KC should hand him a 4 year, 40 million deal.

We literally have no healthy tackles who have played a single snap under contract for next year. Andy does not play rookie linemen, especially at tackle.

The dots are very easy to connect.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:28 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Your heart is in the right place, but with his age and injury history he isn't even reliable depth anymore
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up