ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 162
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:59 PM 12-03-2020
Part of me wants the Steelers to go 16-0, and then watch the Chiefs go absolutely roughshod in the playoffs becoming the first team to ever go 19-1.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 12-03-2020
Pretty sure if they're both 15-1 Chiefs would win tie breaker?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:02 PM 12-03-2020
Pittsburgh is the worse 11-0 team EVER.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:03 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers have the largest turnover differential in the league. They average over one INT per game.

You can't just sit here and say "if they don't turn it over" because that's exactly what everybody has been doing when they play the Steelers. Add in the fact that they're playing Rivers, Mayfield, and Allen and it doesn't look all that promising.
That's kind of my point. They AVERAGE slightly more than 1 T/O per game. Not 3 or 4. If any of those teams can limit their T/Os they can keep pace with the Steelers offense. Turn it over more than twice, and they're hosed.

Against KC, the teams that have either beat us or come close have all had to play nearly perfect games. Because the Chiefs scoring efficiency is so high. there's no beating the Chiefs scoring just 3 or 4 times in a game. You have to score at least 5 times, mostly TDs, just to be in the game with KC.

PIT is not the same kind of team. They don't score nearly as efficiently, so they give their opponents plenty of chances to keep up. Even grab the lead for significant portions of their games.

My point is that none of those teams have to play a perfect game to be in the game. They have to play pretty clean, but not absolutely clean.

Any team that can limit their turn-overs to 2 or less, and score on about 50% of their possessions, with about an even split between TDs and FGs, will be in it late in the 4th quarter, based on PIT's efficiency this season. Just 2 TDs and 3 FGs, and don't give up a pick-6, and they're right in PIT's grill at the end.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:03 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pretty sure if they're both 15-1 Chiefs would win tie breaker?
As long Pittsburgh’s loss isn’t only to Washington, yes
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:06 PM 12-03-2020
Bigger fraud:

Alex Smith led 9-0 2013 Chiefs
Roethlisberger led 11-0 2020 Steelers?

I'll go with the Steelers because they're at 11-0.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:06 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
As long Pittsburgh’s loss isn’t only to Washington, yes
Correct. If Pitt loses to WFT and nobody else, they win the conference record tiebreaker.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:07 PM 12-03-2020

[Reply]
tredadda 05:11 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I would agree Clevland could but probably wont, but i just dont see the redskins doing it.
Pittsburgh is a good team and Cleveland is incapable of beating good teams. I don't expect that to change.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:16 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Pittsburgh is a good team and Cleveland is incapable of beating good teams. I don't expect that to change.
It probably will change. Just a question of how soon.

Many thought the Raiders would never beat a good team. And then it happened. And CLE is nearly as talented on offense, and more talented on defense.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:27 PM 12-03-2020
I think the WFT will hang around for no other reason than they are playing pretty good defensively, and Alex Smith will do whatever to not turn the ball over. that in and of itself will keep the score close, and anything can happen in a close game. Do I think they win, well, I'm not ready to take that plunge, but I do think they can hang around for a little bit with that D.

In regards to Cleveland: As was noted earlier, PIT got a lot of fortune in that game, including a pick 6 on CLV first possession after driving for a FG to open the game with a quick 10-0 lead. If I were CLV, I wouldn't put the game into Baker's hands at all....I'd keep pounding with Chubb/Hunt, mix in short play action, and force the Steelers to play that clean game. Again, will that work, IDK....but my main objective would be to make them play an error free game to beat me, because let's be honest, they aren't very good on offense, they are prone to making some of their own mistakes, and I'd take my chances having them drive 75 - 80 yds a pop to beat me....what I'm not going to do is let their D beat me and give that O short fields.....live to fight another day, and certainly there will be one or two opportunities to strike along the way

Indy should have a slightly more aggressive game plan than CLV, but they have a D that can flat out stop the Steelers.....so play a somewhat conservative game, pound the rock, short, safe passing, make PIT drive long distances to beat you, and again, opportunities will open up at some point if you can avoid the turnovers

Buffalo is different, because their D will struggle a little more, but the O can be more aggressive....I actually think this is a tough matchup for them, and I don't think they will be able to completely shut down the PIT O, so they'll have to take more shots, but more susceptible to the turnovers that cost them....but if they can move the ball and score, that will put more pressure on PIT to get them out of their game.

Cincy: Get Burrow healthy and draft some protection for your future star.....
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:23 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think they go 16-0 but who do you think they're going to lose to to drop 2 games out of 6?

Show me the losses.
Buffalo and Indy
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:26 PM 12-03-2020
I do think it is likely the Chiefs lose a game too. If you have watched the NFL over the years you wouldn't find that scenario unlikely

KC goes 14-2
Pitt regressed to the mean and finishes 13-3
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:28 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It probably will change. Just a question of how soon.

Many thought the Raiders would never beat a good team. And then it happened. And CLE is nearly as talented on offense, and more talented on defense.
Baker.

Mayfield.

Come on, man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:29 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Buffalo and Indy
I just don't see Indy winning. They're just not that good. Built around the run but can't run the ball well, leading to Rivers throwing picks.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 162
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up