ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Coming 2 America 2?
Megatron96 02:02 PM 04-10-2019
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/ed...-2-joe-piscopo

So apparently this is a coming reality. Not sure if I'm excited about it or not.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:36 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They had Leslie Frazier, Tracy Morgan and Trevor Noah in this movie. I have literally never laughed at anything any of those three have ever done.

Other than that I laughed a couple times. They legit recycled damn near every character/joke from the original. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Sam Jackson for a quick reprisal.

Also, people saying it's been 30 years. Iirc, Coming to America came out in 1983 didn't it? It's been nearly 40 years!

Trading Places was 83. CTA was 88. Still a long ass time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:03 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Just never liked Arsenio so he just ruins it for me.
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Seriously? Coming to America was Amazing? It wasn't even one of Eddie Murphy's best films. It was okay. It had some funny moments. Some funny characters. A few quoteable lines. But amazing? like Stripes, or Animal House, or even Beverly Hills Cop? I don't think so. And fun fact, I went to high school with the twin girls in the original Coming to America movie.
Fair enough fella's, there is no accounting for taste and you're welcome to your takes... but to me one of the main hallmarks of a great movie is how much it seeps into pop culture and how often you hear it referenced

To that end I'm always referencing it, and I'm also CONSTANTLY hearing other people reference it... from the barbershop, to the black awareness rally and everything in between, its still talked about as if it just came out yesterday

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They had Leslie Frazier, Tracy Morgan and Trevor Noah in this movie. I have literally never laughed at anything any of those three have ever done.

Other than that I laughed a couple times. They legit recycled damn near every character/joke from the original. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Sam Jackson for a quick reprisal.

Also, people saying it's been 30 years. Iirc, Coming to America came out in 1983 didn't it? It's been nearly 40 years!
Well since Leslie Frazier is a football coach, I'm shocked to hear that he's in this movie :-)

And if Tracy Morgan can't make you laugh, seek help ASAP!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:44 AM 03-06-2021
Damn, I'm all fucked up.

I swapped CtA and TP release dates and it's Leslie Jones! Thank you guys for the corrections.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:52 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m about halfway thru it. I like it a lot so far. It’s pretty funny in spurts.

Better than I expected.
Finished it. I thought overall it was pretty good. No, not as funny as the first, but definitely has it’s funny moments. It’s woke AF, but fits in with the gentle spirit of the original movie.

It’s worth a watch for sure.

Randy Watson at the end was a nice send off!
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:57 PM 03-06-2021
wasted 2 hours on it yesterday
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:16 PM 03-06-2021
Why was this not moved to the media center sub-forum by a mod by now?
[Reply]
007 08:30 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why was this not moved to the media center sub-forum by a mod by now?

Godamnit Bugeater
[Reply]
BWillie 08:59 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I can't think of a classic comedy where the 2nd installment ends up being worth a shit other than maybe the National Lampoons Vacation movies.

Dumb n Dumber 2 was awful

Super Troopers 2 was awful

The Hangover sequels were awful

I dunno...w/ comedies, there just isn't that orig shock factor with the characters into a 2nd installment. JMO...if this is really going down, I don't expect much out of it. Eddie Murphy hasn't been funny in 30yrs, and he's too toned down and conservative now. I miss the old 80's Eddie Murphy.
Ace Ventura 2.

22 Jumpstreet.

Harold and Kumar go to Guantonomo Bay.

Ghostbusters 2.

Hangover 3 wasn't bad. I thought Hangover 2 was terrible though.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:08 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ace Ventura 2.

22 Jumpstreet.

Harold and Kumar go to Guantonomo Bay.

Ghostbusters 2.

Hangover 3 wasn't bad. I thought Hangover 2 was terrible though.
There’s arguments out there that there’s never been a great comedy sequel or one that tops the original.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:11 PM 03-06-2021
Not even close to as funny as the first.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:25 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
There’s arguments out there that there’s never been a great comedy sequel or one that tops the original.
That's why I was ok with it. It wasn't even trying to be. Maybe we should stop calling this a sequel and just call it a reunion show. It was just an excuse to bring everyone together. I slammed a few drinks last night with friends, and we were mostly laughing at the "holy shit, that dude's still alive" moments.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:37 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's why I was ok with it. It wasn't even trying to be. Maybe we should stop calling this a sequel and just call it a reunion show. It was just an excuse to bring everyone together. I slammed a few drinks last night with friends, and we were mostly laughing at the "holy shit, that dude's still alive" moments.
Yea. It’s amazing they were able to get about 99% of the original cast back.

I laughed at the ‘bark like a dog girl’ and the ‘girl twins’ returning
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:56 PM 03-06-2021
These people in this are funny as hell as comedians. But this movie was not. Just seemed to be a money grab.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:32 PM 03-06-2021
Heh. I guess the online/Twitter chatter about this movie is that for as woke as it is, the plot line hinges on Leslie Jones date raping Prince Akeem
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:53 AM 03-07-2021
It was alright. There was some funny parts. Some good nostalgia. First was a classic so hard to top it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up