ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>So what do we think of Buffalo and Cleveland.
Buehler445 12:04 AM 03-07-2021
So we’ve had time to come to terms with the Super Bowl and 2020 in general.

Plus I think we’ve hashed through what actually happened in the Super Bowl and know pretty much where we’re at in the hierarchy of things.

So I’m interested to know what we all think of Cleveland and Buffalo.

Personally, I understand there were some trolls for Buffalo that were annoying but I didn’t have trouble tuning them out. I’m kind of rooting for Cleveland. I know we can find reasons to hate everybody and I’m a pretty much fuck every non-chief out there, but I find myself dragging my feet on hating these guys.

I’m so sick of the same assbag franchises in the AFC playoffs. It was so goddamned refreshing that it wasn’t Indy, brotherfucking cheatriot, Steelers or Ravens. I’d much rather roll through more teams consistently (except Donk - Fuck Donk Forever) while we dominate. But if it’s these guys for awhile as long as we dominate I guess I’m good. No real bad apples, I mean yeah Buffalo got chippy as we ripped their souls out, but I’ll take that over cheap shots on Mahomes from Judon or whatever.

Where are you guys at?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:25 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Slurping the Browns again, huh? :-) Took Pat getting hurt to not completely blow then out. Frauds.
Mahomes is in an entirely different league than any of them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:27 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Baker is going to be on his 5th year option. Will you still feel the same at 45M?
You think he's going to get $45m per year?

I don't think so.

Mahomes is head and shoulders better than any of them.

Doesn't mean they're not good players, or QB's to build a team around.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:32 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
Didn’t Baker already have a golden opportunity to drive down the field and beat us after the Henne interception? It was 22-17. They got one first down then the defense forced a stop.

I think Allen is better than Mayfield because Allen can’t rely on his run game like Baker can. We made Allen look bad in the AFCCG but that didn’t change my mind
Yeah, defense came up big there. But it felt to me like they were running out of gas, and I didn't feel like they had another in them.

Hey if you didn't feel that way, and felt confident when we lined up on that 4th down, good for you.

I was nervous as fuck.

And of course if Mahomes had been in the game, it's likely a different story, but he wasn't.

Anyway. Good to be a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by rtmike:
It won't be long and the rest of the afc NFLs fan base is gonna start getting sore over the Chiefs ALWAYS being in it.
I'll take it but it's coming, lol.
Yeah, I give no fucks about that. I was just looking to see where the pulse of the planet was after the sting of the Bowl wore off. Maybe my hatred of the regular contenders for 20 years in the AFC is irrational? I mean of course it's irrational, maybe unwarranted is what I'm looking for. :-)

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You think he's going to get $45m per year?

I don't think so.

Mahomes is head and shoulders better than any of them.

Doesn't mean they're not good players, or QB's to build a team around.
I do. And like everybody else coming up for contracts, he won't be worth it.

Dak wants to be "right behind" mahomes, and if mahomes AAV is 50 (roughly) 45 is going to be 90%, which is a pretty good chunk behind.

That's the folley of the current setup, Mediocre QBs are vastly overpaid compared to the greats. Just like when Alex Smith made in the neighborhood of what Rodgers did for a year or two until Rodgers came up again. That's what we had and that's what he costs.

Maybe you can get that number to 40 if you guarantee more than Mahomes did, but they're still going to overpay. Nature of the beast.

We'll see how it plays out, but you know Baker THINKS he's in Mahomes stratosphere. He's been a remarkably good teammate IMO, but you know he does.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:39 AM 03-07-2021
Ultimately, in the AFC Chiefs are way above everyone else.

We are going back to the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in a row. Let's just make sure we come out on top this time. Too much bad luck this year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:40 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I don't mind the Bills or the Browns (internet trolls notwithstanding). I also would like to see Cinci start doing well, and even San Diangeles or whatever...I like Herbert, he seems like a good up and comer. There really are no other AFC Teams that I'd like to see start being successful. If the current hierarchy of NE, Pitt, Balt is replaced by KC, Buff, Clev Cinci and SD, I'd be fine with that. It feels like we're due for big shift in the AFC, personally I can't wait to see NE and Pitt be irrelevant for decades...I hope anyway.
I respect Cleveland and Buffalo fans. They are diehards even when they were miserable for decades. I can't say the same for cincy. Or SD even when they were good under rivers. I can't stand fans who act like theyre the biggest fan but can't even name 5 of their starters.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:45 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I respect Cleveland and Buffalo fans. They are diehards even when they were miserable for decades. I can't say the same for cincy. Or SD even when they were good under rivers. I can't stand fans who act like theyre the biggest fan but can't even name 5 of their starters.
I’d give Cincy fans a bit of a pass. Their owner has just sucked all the life out of being a fan. It seems to me that you can withstand having a bad GM (we’ve been there), a bad HC (we’ve been there), and even a wasteland of QB mediocrity (we’ve lived there for years pre Patrick), but having a shitty owner is unbearable because there’s no end is sight.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:12 AM 03-07-2021
Yeah. I’d like to see Cincy move the needle in the north at least now and then. It would be fantastic to have Shitsburgh last in the division once in my lifetime. And fuck the Ravens too.

For a guy that fucking hates everything non-Chief, I got a surprising amount of satisfaction out of someone new playing for something that matters. It was reinforced when we met Brady in the Bowl.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:42 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I’d give Cincy fans a bit of a pass. Their owner has just sucked all the life out of being a fan. It seems to me that you can withstand having a bad GM (we’ve been there), a bad HC (we’ve been there), and even a wasteland of QB mediocrity (we’ve lived there for years pre Patrick), but having a shitty owner is unbearable because there’s no end is sight.
Yeah, I get it. I guess it's just a high standard knowing how loyal Chiefs fans were at our worst. We still packed Arrowhead and wore red and watched the games. I've known lots of Cleveland fans and they are diehard. Bar is filled with Browns fans. I'd imagine Buffalo is the same way. That's just a different vibe for me than a fan base like Cincy. Even when they were exciting with Carson Palmer and Ochocinco, the vibe was always fair-weathered. Bars were empty in games 2 through 14, then suddenly they started showing up everywhere when the playoffs were coming. I barely watch them and I probably knew more about the team than a lot of people I talked to.

I get the ownership issue but new ownership doesn't change the fan culture. Cincy is a baseball town. If Cincy wins a Super Bowl, you'll see some feel good stuff. If Buffalo or Cleveland wins a super bowl, they'll party like the world was ending. Pretty big difference.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:21 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I’d like to see Cincy move the needle in the north at least now and then. It would be fantastic to have Shitsburgh last in the division once in my lifetime. And fuck the Ravens too.

For a guy that fucking hates everything non-Chief, I got a surprising amount of satisfaction out of someone new playing for something that matters. It was reinforced when we met Brady in the Bowl.
I'm absolutely pulling for Cincy, they're my new mistress team

Sooner or later Burrow is gonna have them atop that division, most likely sooner
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:28 PM 03-07-2021

[Reply]
PHOG 01:43 PM 03-07-2021
There both cesspools. Their sister cities. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up