ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 119
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:41 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
All of his missed pull-up NBA 3s and other junk shots in college would fill many cups of feces.
2 guards 1 cup
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
2 guards 1 cup
:-)

Words cannot describe how happy I am I never watched it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:35 AM 05-18-2021

Just caught up w/ ASU transfer Remy Martin. To say he's excited about coming to #KUbball would be putting it mildly

“It was pretty easy, man. Playing for a guy like coach Self & at a historic program like KU, it’s just an amazing deal for me, man, and I couldn’t turn that down.”

— Matt Tait (@mctait) May 18, 2021

Remy Martin says he will continue to go through the NBA pre-draft process & is good with whatever plays out. #KUbball

"It's kind of weird to say hopefully I don't make it to the league so I can play (at KU), but I'm really excited for what the future holds."

More Remy Martin on being contacted by #KUbball: “It was amazing," he said. "It was an honor to feel wanted by them. Ever since I played at KU as a freshman, I’ve always loved Kansas and wanted to go there.”

Remy Martin said he doesn't know many #KUbball players too well but added that he was excited about building new relationships with a talented team...

"I’m all about wins. I don't really care too much about anything else. I just want to go out there and play and just have fun.”

Get your cup ready, Bitch.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:36 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You mean, he’s a volume shooter^
He actually has the ability to create his own shot, unlike anybody else on the team last year.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He actually has the ability to create his own shot, unlike anybody else on the team last year.
Yeah that was the big problem last year. We went completely the other way and got tons of smallish guards that are bucket getters. Perhaps our defense will suffer a bit but we should be able to score next year. I expect Ochai and Braun to also have great years with the added space on the floor.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:02 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Get your cup ready, Bitch.
Boner. I guess his dad sees it different. His dad basically said Remy is dead set on going to NBA but by those quotes seems like he'd rather play at Kansas. Who was the bag man? Nice job whoever dropped the dough.

I have a feeling I'm going to be drinking an inordinate amount of Remy Martin Cognac next season after never trying it before.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:45 PM 05-18-2021
Man if Wilson comes back we might be loaded. Starting lineup:

Harris 1
R Martin 2
Wilson 3
C Martin 4
McCormack 5

Bench:

Braun G/F
Yesufu G
Pettiford G
Clemence F
Adams G/F
Lightfoot F
Cuffe G
Curry PF

I could also see Yesufu starting over Harris. I think he might clash a bit with Martin though.

Martin, Harris, Yesufu, and Pettiford is a very exciting group of point guards. Self loves playing 2 at a time, so that’ll be a nice rotation.

This also assume Agbaji stays in the draft.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:10 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Man if Wilson comes back we might be loaded. Starting lineup:

Harris 1
R Martin 2
Wilson 3
C Martin 4
McCormack 5

Bench:

Braun G/F
Yesufu G
Pettiford G
Clemence F
Adams G/F
Lightfoot F
Cuffe G
Curry PF

I could also see Yesufu starting over Harris. I think he might clash a bit with Martin though.

Martin, Harris, Yesufu, and Pettiford is a very exciting group of point guards. Self loves playing 2 at a time, so that’ll be a nice rotation.

This also assume Agbaji stays in the draft.
I'm not sure if Bill sold Remy on being an off the ball guy. I'd be surprised if he wasn't our PG even though Harris at the (1) and Remy at the (2) would probably be ideal. I expect it to shake out like this

PG - Remy Martin
SG - Yesefu
SF - Ochai Abgaji or Braun if Ochai leaves
PF - Wilson
C - McCormack

The way Bill has been recruiting it kind of seems like he's looking to have his PG be a scoring type of PG in the mold of Frank Mason & Devon Dotson. I think he prefers it that way at least with Braun & Ochai on the roster getting significant minutes.

If Cam Martin can take the PF spot, then this team is going to be loaded. That means Cam can play defense, too. That does lower Wilson's effectiveness somewhat as he makes his living on guarding slower guys and using his mismatch offensively.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:21 PM 05-18-2021
I can not see Braun starting the entire year unless he makes huge strides in development. Maybe to start the year just because of how long he's been here
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:44 PM 05-18-2021
If Braun is starting/playing big minutes by the end of next season, I think something went wrong yeah.
[Reply]
sedated 01:46 PM 05-18-2021
Loaded or not, they need to be able to hit 3s.

If we have the annual "lose our top big guy in March", it could be thin there.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:48 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I can not see Braun starting the entire year unless he makes huge strides in development. Maybe to start the year just because of how long he's been here
I can if we have other playmakers on the floor and all he has to do is shoot threes and stay in front of his man.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:49 PM 05-18-2021
What does Shay saying about the Remy Martin situation? Is Shay still a thing? Has he made any phone calls yet?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:27 PM 05-18-2021
The law firm of Martin, Martin and McCormack is on the case.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:03 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Loaded or not, they need to be able to hit 3s.

If we have the annual "lose our top big guy in March", it could be thin there.
I think shooting will be fairly solid. If Agbaji comes back, I'd expect him to work hard on his shot because he'll need to be more consistent to have a chance in the league. If he improves at all, he'd be a very good outside shooter.

Yesufu shot 47% after getting an increased role. Not sure he can sustain that, but he can clearly shoot.

Wilson and Braun need to get more consistent but are decent and capable of catching fire.

Cam Martin was an excellent 3 pt shooter at the D2 level. I think it should translate pretty well to this level.

Remy Martin isn't a deadeye shooter but capable.

Harris was great at hitting the open three.

Basically every guard or wing that plays will be at least a decent shooter. I think a few of the freshmen are capable shooters too, but they likely won't see many minutes this year.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 119
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119 >
Up