Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:48 PM 09-21-2018
Uh-Oh JD

On Friday, Major League Baseball placed Cubs shortstop Addison Russell on administrative leave as it conducts an investigation into his ex-wife’s blog post that detailed previous physical and mental abuse allegations against him.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Uh-Oh JD

On Friday, Major League Baseball placed Cubs shortstop Addison Russell on administrative leave as it conducts an investigation into his ex-wife’s blog post that detailed previous physical and mental abuse allegations against him.
Right before they got their shit pushed in by the White Sox. :-)
[Reply]
VAChief 06:05 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Watching Tommy Pham rake for the Rays infuriates me.
Last 30 games getting on base at a .437 pace and slugging over .630...yeah I think we could have used that production.

They needed to do something in the outfield logjam, but sent away the cheapest and one of the high upside options they had. Fowler was the big drag. Poor evaluating.

We should have ridden that pony till free agency then let some other idiot GM pay for the expensive decline.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:44 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Uh-Oh JD

The only thing it would change is that the Cubs would get very little for a return on him if not just straight up release him.

He went through this shit last season and nothing happened because she didnt want to cooperate beyond a social media post.

If you read her blog post, her claims of physical abuse are very vague and mentions that he mostly yelled and ignored her while cheating on her. So he may very well be a shitbag but I'm not ready to throw him in jail just yet because he didn't get along with his wife.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:27 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The only thing it would change is that the Cubs would get very little for a return on him if not just straight up release him.

He went through this shit last season and nothing happened because she didnt want to cooperate beyond a social media post.

If you read her blog post, her claims of physical abuse are very vague and mentions that he mostly yelled and ignored her while cheating on her. So he may very well be a shitbag but I'm not ready to throw him in jail just yet because he didn't get along with his wife.
Color me shocked that the Cubs and their fans overlook the turpitude of another wife beater.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:30 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

I would go out and buy Pham stock right now. He's hitting the ball just as hard as he was last year (where he got lucky), but his luck has inverted this year. Expect a late season bounceback. Not as severe as Carpenter's streak, but I would bet he hits .280-.300 with another 7-10 bombs before the season is over.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:50 AM 09-22-2018
:-)
If Mike Matheny ends up with the Royals should I expect a Pioli like reign for 3-5 years?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:52 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Watching Tommy Pham rake for the Rays infuriates me.
Fools gold.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:12 AM 09-22-2018
Color me shocked that the Cubs and their fans overlook the turpitude of another wife beater.
Ya I'm sure you would jump right on the bandwagon of burning a Cardinals player that was called out on social media by someone who has refused to cooperate with an investigation into her accusations.

What if the investigation finds that her vague description of "he laid his hands on me" turns out to be that he simply grabbed her in the middle of an argument in which she was going ape shit? She never comes out and says he literally hit her.

So excuse the hell out of me for not calling him a wife beater just yet when all we have is a social media post with vague references to physical abuse.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:40 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Ya I'm sure you would jump right on the bandwagon of burning a Cardinals player that was called out on social media by someone who has refused to cooperate with an investigation into her accusations.

What if the investigation finds that her vague description of "he laid his hands on me" turns out to be that he simply grabbed her in the middle of an argument in which she was going ape shit? She never comes out and says he literally hit her.

So excuse the hell out of me for not calling him a wife beater just yet when all we have is a social media post with vague references to physical abuse.
I do agree with this. All it takes to ruin somebody these days is a tweeted allegation. :-)
[Reply]
VAChief 11:48 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Fools gold.
Now you are just trolling.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Right before they got their shit pushed in by the White Sox. :-)
we have no chance at the division. As much as I like hearing of a Cubs loss, I’d rather have the Cubs get the division locked up before we play them. No way the Cubs lay down for us but if they have the division and HFA in the bag, they can rest guys with lingering injuries.

We need to avoid burning Flaherty in game 162 to get the WC.

Doesn’t matter to me if we go on the road to Brewers or at home. We have done well there in the playoffs and this year. Flaherty has pitched well against the Brewers and especially at Miller Park.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:04 PM 09-22-2018
Jesus Fucking Christ, Carp. Just Jesus Fucking Christ.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:24 PM 09-22-2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:36 PM 09-22-2018
Tyler having his Carp worthy gif moment. :-)

He crushed that ball into the seats just a couple of rows in front of concourse past the bullpen.
[Reply]
Page 251 of 301
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255261 > Last »
Up