ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2430 of 4825
« First < 1430193023302380242024262427242824292430 243124322433243424402480253029303430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:40 AM 12-02-2019
Biggest problem I have is now I'll have to listen to Alfred Williams on KOA radio all week talking about Lock being the next john Elway/Peyton Manning/Joe Montana all rolled into one for the next week or until he shits the bed and even then they'll say it smells like roses.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:47 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
So, at the end of the game... PI or no PI?
Whichever gives you fans the greatest false hope.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:55 AM 12-02-2019
Sure you do...

I've always hated calls like that when they decide games. I thought it was very borderline.

Agreed - hate ending games on calls like that one. I've never been one to play/hope for a draft spot, not with a handful of games left. They just need to focus on the OL in the draft early going forward. We'll find out soon if Lock is worth anything to them as the starter, but the OL has to be addressed.
I agree on the offensive line, Broncos need to invest in some more talent along the line, that said, zero sacks yesterday which was nice for the Broncos offense
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:16 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I agree on the offensive line, Broncos need to invest in some more talent along the line, that said, zero sacks yesterday which was nice for the Broncos offense
Well, I was driving home from NE, so I missed most of the first half... but, from the highlights, his mobility likely saved him from being sacked. And, it looked like they may have run a few more bootlegs than normal. Maybe I'm wrong.

They need to get a few more guys like Dalton on the line. Still don't understand why Fant isn't more of a focus. #babysteps

And, Lock is still a work in progress - he could totally suck, but I'm glad they have 4 more games to get a look and it's a nice scehdule to test him. @ HOU, @ KC, Lions and Raiders.

I don't care what winning or losing does to the draft position quite honestly. You just can't play the last 5 games for what might be in 2020.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:57 AM 12-02-2019
Yeah, I could give a shit less on who won that game yesterday but the Defensive PI call needs to be changed to 15 yards instead of spot-of-foul. It's a Bellichickian way of getting around a situation to win a game instead of leaving it up to chance. I hate fans who are in the stadium that gripe when they don't get the call, I hate coaches and players who rely on the rule to get a controversial win, and I hate people saying that it's perfectly fine. Even if my statements are about you or Reid/Mahomes I could care less. It's a bullshit rule and it's the only thing I really despise about the NFL's hypocrisy of game integrity. I hate it even more than the Tuck Rule, because at least the Tuck Rule happens far far far less than this rule does each and every week.
[Reply]
manchambo 12:04 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah, I could give a shit less on who won that game yesterday but the Defensive PI call needs to be changed to 15 yards instead of spot-of-foul. It's a Bellichickian way of getting around a situation to win a game instead of leaving it up to chance. I hate fans who are in the stadium that gripe when they don't get the call, I hate coaches and players who rely on the rule to get a controversial win, and I hate people saying that it's perfectly fine. Even if my statements are about you or Reid/Mahomes I could care less. It's a bullshit rule and it's the only thing I really despise about the NFL's hypocrisy of game integrity. I hate it even more than the Tuck Rule, because at least the Tuck Rule happens far far far less than this rule does each and every week.
I don't entirely disagree, the problem with that would be you would virtually eliminate Hail Marys and similar plays. If it's only a 15-yard penalty then Defenders should just put down all the receivers at the end of the game.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:44 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I don't entirely disagree, the problem with that would be you would virtually eliminate Hail Marys and similar plays. If it's only a 15-yard penalty then Defenders should just put down all the receivers at the end of the game.
I disagree... if a team can't tie or win in the closing moments with a FG and a hail mary pass is all they have left to try, changing the PI to a 15 yard penalty won't change that decision.
[Reply]
manchambo 01:20 PM 12-02-2019
I disagree... if a team can't tie or win in the closing moments with a FG and a hail mary pass is all they have left to try, changing the PI to a 15 yard penalty won't change that decision.
It won't change the decision, but it will make it too easy to defend.

And leaving those plays aside, it would become a situation where it's a very smart play to push the receiver down when the defender is beaten long.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:46 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
It won't change the decision, but it will make it too easy to defend.

And leaving those plays aside, it would become a situation where it's a very smart play to push the receiver down when the defender is beaten long.
Game can't end on a defensive penalty though.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:18 PM 12-02-2019
Two birds with one stone. Hail Mary's are bullshit luck plays too. If the defender is close enough to take the receiver down they are close enough to try to play the ball. There should at least be some yardage limit, more than 15.

Funny Donk fans hyperventilating about Lock when he threw for like 140. Then they blame that on the OC. But I get the standards are low.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:43 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Two birds with one stone. Hail Mary's are bullshit luck plays too. If the defender is close enough to take the receiver down they are close enough to try to play the ball. There should at least be some yardage limit, more than 15.

Funny Donk fans hyperventilating about Lock when he threw for like 140. Then they blame that on the OC. But I get the standards are low.
I know a dozen or so fans that I am friends with do not put too much into this win. Lock was on a leash and asked to not lose the game. Let's see how the next month goes. And, hell - he could walk away with 4-5 wins and I'm not going to be convinced he's the guy. I need to see him do more as a QB, but this was a nice first test.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:48 AM 12-03-2019
Mania the fortune teller...

"What does my future hold?"...."Who knows"
"Alright, when do I die?"...."We'll see I guess"
"Does Denver win another title"..."Maybe"
"Can you make a damn prediction already"..."it will happen or it won't"
"WTF???"..."We'll see"
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:20 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mania the fortune teller...

"What does my future hold?"...."Who knows"
"Alright, when do I die?"...."We'll see I guess"
"Does Denver win another title"..."Maybe"
"Can you make a damn prediction already"..."it will happen or it won't"
"WTF???"..."We'll see"
You can't predict the future any more than he can, so kindly stfu about it.

Unless you think you can. In that case, here's your shot, champ. Enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge.

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:55 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You can't predict the future any more than he can, so kindly stfu about it.

Unless you think you can. In that case, here's your shot, champ. Enlighten us with your wealth of knowledge.

:-)

The point is MHM NEVER makes solid predictions. He prefers to straddle the fence with his PA shtick.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
The point is MHM NEVER makes solid predictions. He prefers to straddle the fence with his PA shtick.
Yup. Looks like he even fooled another simpleton with his shtick. Dude rode in like he was saving Maid Marian or something...
[Reply]
Page 2430 of 4825
« First < 1430193023302380242024262427242824292430 243124322433243424402480253029303430 > Last »
Up