ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 459
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:42 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Do those old widow bitches still judge the men there by how big and expensive their golf cart's are??? :-)
Most old widows are just happy to have a man. There are some singles clubs, South of Sixty for people in their 50's and Sumter Singles is another. The good decent looking older guys, ones who aren't fat and still have their hair, can do pretty well here. I've had a few woman hit on me at the gym who are are good looking, and I'm married. There's about 5 good bands that draw big crowds at the squares, up to 5,000 to 7,000 people. Here's Lake Sumter Square dance floor.

Brownwood Square dance floor.

My favorite band is the Hooligans from Orlando, they play each square once a month. They play only British rock from the 70's and 80's. They'll get big crowds.

What's really crazy are these same guys with disguise in place, are also the Spazmatics and play all 80's new wave. They're really good no matter what they play, they travel all over the US as the Spazmatics.

[Reply]
scho63 09:59 AM 05-28-2020
That's what people should be doing when they retire!

Good for you! :-)

Looks like a blast.....
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:38 PM 05-29-2020
Sheee-it, this thing is sexy!

[Reply]
Monticore 06:36 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

Nice , I won’t get mine for a while cross border shipping varies .
[Reply]
eDave 06:44 PM 05-29-2020
What do you guys figure you spend/mo on golf?
[Reply]
Monticore 06:49 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Last couple years I only got out like twice and other then the putter cover I haven’t spent anything on equipment so maybe 600$ in last 2 years lol if you include beer lol.

Before that maybe 1500 a year so 750 a month for me up here.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:52 PM 05-29-2020
I have the Stone Pass.. Adams Point and Winterstone (In Blue Springs and Independence Mo)...$425 start up.. $30 a round with cart before 12.. $17 After 12.. I play every Sunday morning... Sometimes I pay for my round if my partner and I win the skins..:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 06:57 PM 05-29-2020
If I lived closer to a nice course I would spend more but my course is a cow pasture.the Only cool thing is the owner is an ex NHL player who actually played for the US Olympic team one year .
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 PM 05-29-2020
I spend way to much for a membership here in town but the wife and kids use the shit out of the pool in the summer and she uses the membership to entertain for her business so that helps

I’m pretty damn bummed today fellas. Was supposed to spend a week in Scotland the last of July. Staying at the old course, playing carnoustie and a few others. We’ve been planning and saving for this trip for 12 years. Got cancelled today. Sucks
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:12 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If I lived closer to a nice course I would spend more but my course is a cow pasture.the Only cool thing is the owner is an ex NHL player who actually played for the US Olympic team one year .
My local course has a great rate for 55+ residents of the city. $27 with cart after noon on weekends. It's not a high end course by any means, but its always in good shape, the greens roll all about the same and it has a few challenging holes. I usually get two to three rounds in a month.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:40 AM 05-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I spend way to much for a membership here in town but the wife and kids use the shit out of the pool in the summer and she uses the membership to entertain for her business so that helps

I’m pretty damn bummed today fellas. Was supposed to spend a week in Scotland the last of July. Staying at the old course, playing carnoustie and a few others. We’ve been planning and saving for this trip for 12 years. Got cancelled today. Sucks
My friend lucked into a trip to Scotland last played 10 courses all the top ones so just from talking to him and seeing pics , I can feel your pain, well not quite at the same level . Sorry man that really blows
[Reply]
scho63 04:47 PM 05-30-2020
I would probably wrap it around my real pudder and not my golf putter it's so sexy! :-)

Originally Posted by Dartgod:

[Reply]
srvy 06:03 PM 05-30-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I would probably wrap it around my real pudder and not my golf putter it's so sexy! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
crispystl 02:23 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Good point. Totally read that as his kid.

Adams Idea 12 OS is another option that is forgiving and less than 200 dollars with hybrids instead of long irons
Thanks for all of the input! So you think these? I could go up to 300 or 400 if you think it would make THAT big of a difference, but I suck so bad I can't imagine it would be worth the upgrade.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adams-Golf-...8AAOSwnv9e0A3z
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:11 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
Thanks for all of the input! So you think these? I could go up to 300 or 400 if you think it would make THAT big of a difference, but I suck so bad I can't imagine it would be worth the upgrade.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adams-Golf-...8AAOSwnv9e0A3z
If you're that bad, have you considered lessons? At least someone can spot your flaws and give you some pointers, maybe shoot some video and show you what you need to do. When we hit a bad shot and someone complains about the club, we say it's not the arrow, it's the indian. New clubs are not going to make you a better player, but when you're ready they'll help if you have GI (game improvement) irons. Fat tops, fat bottoms, hybrids on the lower numbers.

I've been playing since I was 12 (1962), but after I joined the Army in 1970 I played very little for the next 40 years. When I retired I jumped back in fulltime in 2009. I was mostly shooting 90, or high 80's, and just now I'm breaking 80 and hanging around 80. What really helps me is playing with my neighbor, he's about the same age and has been playing all his life and even played in college. Last week he shot 70 and 73. I've made the biggest difference when I could consistently hit the ball first. They cut our fairways here so tight, there is no way your getting a club under the ball. In fact the rough was the best lie. Then I really got the hang of hitting down on the ball, no more early divots or shanks, and extra distance by compressing the ball. I l learned on my own, but I had a good player to watch. If you can find, some better players to go out with, although they might not be into a beginner unless they are good friends. I hate it when we have a duffer join our group. Golf is not as easy as it looks.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 459
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421 > Last »
Up