Some female (name) 0 0%
Some other male (name) 45 33.58%
TRUMP! 6 4.48%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>G.O.A.T.: pick your greatest athlete of all time
Prison Bitch 07:14 PM 04-14-2019
With Tiger’s Masters win today, Twatter is asking if he’s the greatest athlete ever. This poll asks: name you greatest athlete you’ve seen. (So Jim Brown, Babe Ruth, Jesse Owens etc all off the table)

Use whatever criteria you wish. Can only pick one.
[Reply]
loochy 07:22 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You’re thinking of the Russian chess master Mikhail Jordav.
Your thanking of the rite person.
[Reply]
oldman 07:27 AM 04-15-2019
The poll asks for the greatest athlete of all time, not dominance in 1 sport. Had Bo not been injured, he would have been a shoo-in to the baseball HOF and probably Canton. We all saw MJ try to play 2 sports, what happened there? Can you see Tyson on a golf course? How about Tiger hitting a 100 MPH fastball with the crowd noise? He'd melt down in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:35 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Being a Bostonian I have so many to choose from--Brady, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, to name a few--but I'd have to go with...

From Wikipedia:

William Felton Russell (born February 12, 1934) is an American retired professional basketball player who played center for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA) from 1956 to 1969. A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a twelve-time All-Star, he was the centerpiece of the Celtics dynasty that won eleven NBA championships during his thirteen-year career. Russell and Henri Richard of the National Hockey League are tied for the record of the most championships won by an athlete in a North American sports league.

(And he did this at a time when blacks were second class citizens, especially in the northeast.)
I had almost forgotten Bill Russell; Shame on me. I grew up watching the old Boston Celtics under coach Red Auerbach and Russell's battles with Wilt Chamberlain were nothing short of legendary. Thanks for the flashback!
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:47 AM 04-15-2019
Muhammad Ali
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:48 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You didn’t see Wilt.
Written language is a tool that allows us to learn things that we did not personally experience. In reading the stories about Wilt Chamberlain, it's got to be Wilt. He was exceedingly strong, fast, and agile.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Son of Logical:
Seen: Bo Jackson
Ever: Jim Thorpe
My response exactly.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:04 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Wilt Chamberlin, that guy was an dominate athlete. Below is a list of 7 records that will never be broke.

7) 40+ Points and Rebounds in a game

Wilt Chamberlain is the only player to record a quadruple double double (40+ points and rebounds) in an NBA game. He did it not once or twice but five times in his career.

Does any current player has guts to repeat it?

6) Double Triple Double

In 1968, Wilt Chamberlian achieved a unique feat when he put up 22 points, 25 rebounds and 21 assists in game and became the first player to hit double triple double. Since then, no one has been able to achieve this feat again.

5) 30+ points and 20+ rebounds in rookie season

Bo Jackson is 2nd on this short list!

To be fair Westbrook just had a double triple double
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:44 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Honestly there are two athletes right now that may be the best ever that we're just now watching, in terms of sheer historic dominance.

One is Katie Ledecky, the distance swimmer. The other is Simone Biles, in gymnastics. They both shook me at how much better they were than everybody else -- it was like they are playing a different sport. ...
The right guy in drag would smoke their asses.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:53 AM 04-15-2019
My vote goes for Wilt the Stilt! Just an awesome athlete.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 04-15-2019
Golfer...athlete LULZ :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:24 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Son of Logical:
Seen: Bo Jackson
Ever: Jim Thorpe
Have to add Wilt Chamberlain to the list.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:34 AM 04-15-2019
While I've never seen Thorpe or Jim Brown play football.

Bo Jackson was the greatest athlete my eyes ever witnessed.

Freak of nature.........super hero........you name it. He could do things no other human could do.
[Reply]
tyton75 10:29 AM 04-15-2019
Bo Jackson, but there was a great argument for Wilt earlier so I would consider him as well.

I just define "athlete" as someone who is so gifted that they could play any sport and excel. I can't think of a better example of that than Bo Jackson.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:31 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
The poll asks for the greatest athlete of all time, not dominance in 1 sport. Had Bo not been injured, he would have been a shoo-in to the baseball HOF and probably Canton. We all saw MJ try to play 2 sports, what happened there? Can you see Tyson on a golf course? How about Tiger hitting a 100 MPH fastball with the crowd noise? He'd melt down in a heartbeat.
The poll asked you to define your own criteria. Whatever you think is right.
[Reply]
redfan 10:42 AM 04-15-2019
Bruce Jenner - Olympic Decathlon Champion
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up