ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 301
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:47 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The Championship was great but it's kind of lipstick on a pig. Over the past decade the Rays have averaged 8 more wins per season despite averaging $30 mil less in payroll. They've had 3 playoff appearances to the Royals 2 appearances and the Rays even had 2 other seasons with 90 wins where they didn't make the playoffs.

They are a better run franchise by just about any standpoint and are in a division with 2 payroll behemoths and the Jays are in that next tier down in terms of payroll.
I feel like I sent a probe into outer space, and found intelligent life.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:51 PM 04-17-2019
i dont think anyone is denying that overall the rays are a better franchise then the royals but id take that championship over any of the seasons the rays have had
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:57 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Lipstick on a pig is the Royals 2013 finish, I'd say. Bit harsh to use that phrase when describing a ship.
We all stipulate 13-15 was a great run. Let’s agree and move on to today. That was 4 years ago. Suppose DM capped off his decade with the 15 Title and left. Our next GM won:

60?
65?

I mean what would you say? DM should be in the baseball HOF for what he did before. But what he’s done SINCE 15......honestly, nothing at all good.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:10 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We all stipulate 13-15 was a great run. Let’s agree and move on to today. That was 4 years ago. Suppose DM capped off his decade with the 15 Title and left. Our next GM won:

60?
65?

I mean what would you say? DM should be in the baseball HOF for what he did before. But what he’s done SINCE 15......honestly, nothing at all good.
2020 is my year where we have to start seeing payoffs, and not necessarily at the major league level - prospects need to be tearing it up and we need to at least get a picture of the key cogs in our next run at contention. It should feel like the end of 2011/2012.

2021 is the make/break year for me.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:15 PM 04-17-2019
I feel like I sent a probe into outer space, and found intelligent life.

[Reply]
Dartgod 02:17 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
You kind of took that out of context. If the Royals make the playoffs in 2021, are you really going to care that they lost 104 games in 2018? Last year is history. Complaining about it now solves nothing. Last year, all of DM's reclamation projects failed. Looks like some of his signings this year are failures. But, we all remember Madison. DM has had reclamation success in the past.
Bumgarner?
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:18 PM 04-17-2019
Some angry yelling going on at the game today.

Anderson jacked a HR against Keller. Keller hits him at his next at bat. Benches clear. Game is on in the background so I’m not hearing who is getting ejected.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:21 PM 04-17-2019
Yost looked like he was going break Ricky off. Pretty dumb of Keller though, 2-2 game.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:24 PM 04-17-2019
Anderson (on his HR), did a monster bat flip and barked something at maldonado.......

Next time up to lead off this inning, Keller pegged him in the hip.

after the non-dust-up......renteria was barking at the royals coaching staff and Ned made a bee-line back at him.

I think Ned would have took him! :-)

And by the way - Anderson got exactly what he had coming to him (plus, Gordon got plunked in the ribs earlier in the game)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:24 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
2020 is my year where we have to start seeing payoffs, and not necessarily at the major league level - prospects need to be tearing it up and we need to at least get a picture of the key cogs in our next run at contention. It should feel like the end of 2011/2012.

2021 is the make/break year for me.

DM has done a lot of dumb things since 2015, the 2/13 on Chris Young (lol), Ian K, Hammel, on and on. Duffy was his worst IMO and Salvu well.....could’ve dumped him. I get trying to win 2016&2017.

What I don’t get: why we have no talent anywhere. Wasn’t DM supposed to be the talent guru? The great scout? Where is everybody? There’s literally zero at AAA or AA. That’s what bugs me more than the bad signings.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:27 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Anderson (on his HR), did a monster bat flip and barked something at maldonado.......

Next time up to lead off this inning, Keller pegged him in the hip.

after the non-dust-up......renteria was barking at the royals coaching staff and Ned made a bee-line back at him.

I think Ned would have took him! :-)

And by the way - Anderson got exactly what he had coming to him (plus, Gordon got plunked in the ribs earlier in the game)
Thanks. Volume is turned down as I’m at work.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:30 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yost looked like he was going break Ricky off. Pretty dumb of Keller though, 2-2 game.
Not dumb, imo. Fuck Anderson. He absolutely had that coming
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:33 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Not dumb, imo. Fuck Anderson. He absolutely had that coming
Eh. I'm no Anderson fan but it's time to move on from hitting guys for enjoying themselves while playing a child's game. Plus, now we're watching Ian Kennedy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:40 PM 04-17-2019
DM has done a lot of dumb things since 2015, the 2/13 on Chris Young (lol), Ian K, Hammel, on and on. Duffy was his worst IMO and Salvu well.....could’ve dumped him. I get trying to win 2016&2017.

What I don’t get: why we have no talent anywhere. Wasn’t DM supposed to be the talent guru? The great scout? Where is everybody? There’s literally zero at AAA or AA. That’s what bugs me more than the bad signings.
I've tried figuring this out, but I never get an answer and some people act like im an idiot for questioning DMs expertise. It's pointless to try.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:42 PM 04-17-2019
The Royals had a 4-5 year period where they didn’t add much to the farm system, and that shows at the AAA and AA levels and the current MLB level.

They have to be better. They didn’t adjust well to MLB turning the draft season after the 11 draft.

I won’t say they’re zero, though, at those levels.

Nicky Lopez is going to be a good major league starter. He’s at AAA. Khalil Lee is at AA.

Re: only having success in 14 and 15 because of division, the Royals had a winning record in 15 vs the East and were .500 in 14. They were the best team in baseball during the 15 regular season. Division wouldn’t have affected that much.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 301
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up