ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 791
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120520 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:05 PM 02-15-2019
I saw Matt Lane make a good point on Twitter, and one that I mentioned before re: Ford vs. Houston.

Ford was the guy getting extra attention this year, especially late in the season. That is a direct sign of teams telling you which player is worth more at this point, or at least who the better pass rusher is.

Again, I’d like to find a way to keep both. Just think it’s a worthwhile thought to consider.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 12:24 PM 02-16-2019
Brett Veach needs to adopt a "what would Bill Belichick do" attitude in regards to personnel decisions. Clearly, Andy Reid and Clark Hunt aren't hard ass enough to make the tough personnel decisions that wins championships like BB. Veach needs to show some hard ass decision making to reduce the fat on the Chief's roster.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
Brett Veach needs to adopt a "what would Bill Belichick do" attitude in regards to personnel decisions. Clearly, Andy Reid and Clark Hunt aren't hard ass enough to make the tough personnel decisions that wins championships like BB. Veach needs to show some hard ass decision making to reduce the fat on the Chief's roster.
Which is kinda weird cause when Andy was with Eagles they were a super cap savvy team, they walked away early on numerous guys, saving money and not being sentimental.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:29 PM 02-16-2019
BB would pay Mahomes trade Ford and Hill and cut Berry and Houston.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:33 PM 02-16-2019
Jonathan Hankins was with Spags at the Giants when he had a decent spell and hes a free agent now after spending last season with Oakland so that might be one name to keep an eye on.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:43 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Jonathan Hankins was with Spags at the Giants when he had a decent spell and hes a free agent now after spending last season with Oakland so that might be one name to keep an eye on.
I was hoping the Chiefs would acquire him last season. No doubt he would be better suited in the interior of a 4-3 instead of a 3-4 0/1 tech. He is in his prime and arguably would come cheaper than guys like Richardson, Suh, etc.

With Daly on staff, I wonder if Flowers or Brown are targeted off the Pats roster? ($$$$$)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:56 PM 02-16-2019
Vinny Curry and Glover Quin are exactly the kind of guys we should seriously look at in FA. They're not going to be expensive, they've got something left in the tank, they can fill holes while young players learn behind/in rotation with them.

Those are Belichick type pickups.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:58 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Vinny Curry and Glover Quin are exactly the kind of guys we should seriously look at in FA. They're not going to be expensive, they've got something left in the tank, they can fill holes while young players learn behind/in rotation with them.

Those are Belichick type pickups.
Curry I get, but Quin is like 33 years old.... not much upside there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:04 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think BB would pay Hill but definitely trade Ford and cut Berry and trade or cut Houston.

BB pays guys when they're unique, and he pays his franchise QB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:06 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Curry I get, but Quin is like 33 years old.... not much upside there.
it's not about upside. It's about 2019 and can this guy give you one or two more good seasons while you groom his replacement. If you, say, draft Adderley then your safety situation looks excellent.

If you sign a Curry and draft a Ferguson, then your DE situation looks excellent.

You have depth and a mix of youth and experience.

Also, good lockerroom guys, and professionals. This is how your go about business, kiddos, welcome to the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:49 PM 02-16-2019
I’d probably keep Ford for another year and let Houston walk. See what Speaks and Tanoh have while signing Vinny Curry or John Simon
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:55 PM 02-16-2019

He’d also trade Chris Jones before he got expensive too.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:57 PM 02-16-2019
Tag and trade Ford and a 2nd to GB for a 1st and 4th
Trade Jones to Atlanta for 1st and 2020 3rd
Cut Berry (if possible, since we don't have clear direction one way or the other yet)

That gives KC picks 9, 29, and 30 in round 1. Trade 29 and 61 to MIN for # 18.

Draft Devin White, ILB at 9
Draft Byron Murphy, CB at 18
Draft Nassir Adderley, FS at 30
Draft Kingsley Keke, DT at 63

Profit.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:13 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Tag and trade Ford and a 2nd to GB for a 1st and 4th
Trade Jones to Atlanta for 1st and 2020 3rd
Cut Berry (if possible, since we don't have clear direction one way or the other yet)

That gives KC picks 9, 29, and 30 in round 1. Trade 29 and 61 to MIN for # 18.

Draft Devin White, ILB at 9
Draft Byron Murphy, CB at 18
Draft Nassir Adderley, FS at 30
Draft Kingsley Keke, DT at 63

Profit.
Yeah the Care Bears world.

We call them Calinours here.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:29 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Yeah the Care Bears world.

We call them Calinours here.
oui.

Throw in a Care Bear too with the 7th rounder.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 791
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120520 > Last »
Up