ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 45
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:27 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which is exactly why at this point in time, I expect Veach to trade out of #32 and add at least a 3rd rounder and most likely, additional 5th or 6th selections.

There is going to be enormous value in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

Currently, the Chiefs don't have any picks beyond their 5th, so they have no ammo in order to move up even a few spots.

I think there will need to be someone at #32 that the Chiefs just find impossible to pass on for them to make the pick in that spot because otherwise, they're most likely trading back into the high 2nd and adding additional selections.
Somebody offers a 1, 3, 4 for Jones...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 PM 02-29-2020
Mayock was spot on when he said the LB class was underrated. The strength of this class is clearly WR, RB, and LB. Perfect for us.

I’m almost certain our first 2 picks will be LB and CB.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:31 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mayock was spot on when he said the LB class was underrated. The strength of this class is clearly WR, RB, and LB. Perfect for us.

Yup. Let's trade CJ and get some dudes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Somebody offers a 1, 3, 4 for Jones...
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Yup. Let's trade CJ and get some dudes.
I'm am not a fan of trading Chris Jones.

He was an integral part of the Chiefs 2018 and 2019 postseasons and without him, the path to the Super Bowl gets much, much more difficult in 2020.

If Veach is looking for extra picks, there will be plenty of buyers at #32.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:32 PM 02-29-2020

With only 5 picks in the 2020 draft, they'll need to be legitimate Day 1 starters.

If he doesn't acquire more picks, there will be absolutely no room for Breeland Speaks, Dorian O'Daniel, Armani Watts type of selections.

Picking against the strength of the draft isn't a great strategy, IMO, especially for a team that has Repeat on their mind.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 PM 02-29-2020
Which is exactly why at this point in time, I expect Veach to trade out of #32 and add at least a 3rd rounder and most likely, additional 5th or 6th selections.

There is going to be enormous value in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

Currently, the Chiefs don't have any picks beyond their 5th, so they have no ammo in order to move up even a few spots.

I think there will need to be someone at #32 that the Chiefs just find impossible to pass on for them to make the pick in that spot because otherwise, they're most likely trading back into the high 2nd and adding additional selections.
100% with you Dane.

Try to get something for Sammy. Whether we do or don’t, trade down and pick up more picks.

I would seriously consider trading down twice if we can stay around the middle of rd 2. That’s how deep I think this draft is.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:40 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Simmons plays more like a safety than a LB, if anything he's Kam Chancellor.
No offense, but Simmons is way more athletic than Chancellor. Kam benefitted by having Earl roam the deep middle so he could play “going forward”. He was a tremendous hitter and intimidator.

You watch any of Clemson’s full game film from this past season and it is astonishing as to how involved Simmons is. He flashes everywhere. He truly affects the game and is so versatile that he can fit in any scheme and excels in any defensive assignment: coverage, tackling, run support, recognition and attacking/blitzing. I would argue he is the best defensive player in the draft (yes, above Chase Young).
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:47 AM 03-01-2020

We're going to be in the Super Bowl convo for the next 5 years. We're the new Pats sans the cheating mother fuckers.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 03-01-2020
I'm am not a fan of trading Chris Jones.

He was an integral part of the Chiefs 2018 and 2019 postseasons and without him, the path to the Super Bowl gets much, much more difficult in 2020.

If Veach is looking for extra picks, there will be plenty of buyers at #32.
Good to see you back my man

Breer was on Middlekauf and Haberman and talked about the chiefs getting jones done

I don’t think he’s going anywhere
[Reply]
staylor26 08:41 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good to see you back my man

Breer was on Middlekauf and Haberman and talked about the chiefs getting jones done

I don’t think he’s going anywhere
What did he say?
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 03-01-2020
What did he say?
They were talking about Buckner and getting Donald money, that it would be in the 20s etc

Breer brought up the chiefs and jones and that they were trying to get that done. Sounded like they didn’t figure there was any way Jones hit the market or was traded

Could be reading it wrong
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 03-01-2020
Has anyone seen Jaylon Johnson tape? I love that kid. He looks like a goddamn stud.

I actually like 5 corners more than Byron Murphy and Rock Ya-Sin. Diggs, Terrell, Johnson, Hall, Dantzler.

Good Christ guys. Usually there’s a drop on perceived talent after the first 6-8 picks of the 2nd rd. That talent pool looks the same for the top 50 in general.

Trade down and let’s get a shit load of good players Veach
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:47 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They were talking about Buckner and getting Donald money, that it would be in the 20s etc

Breer brought up the chiefs and jones and that they were trying to get that done. Sounded like they didn’t figure there was any way Jones hit the market or was traded

Could be reading it wrong
If they can get Jones done sub-20 they for sure need to get it done.

If he’s up around 22 that’s tougher to swallow. CBA/TV contracts not withstanding
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If they can get Jones done sub-20 they for sure need to get it done.

If he’s up around 22 that’s tougher to swallow. CBA/TV contracts not withstanding
He made it sound like he was for sure getting above 20.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:43 AM 03-01-2020
Like I’ve stated before. Multiple legitimate reporters have said Jones will not be traded. They are just waiting for the new CBA to be approved
[Reply]
Page 39 of 45
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up