Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:58 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Interesting article on it here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...dropbox-stock/

Do you think it sustains or has an eventual downturn?
Who the hell knows . I threw 1K at a chiefs fans success so I'm good.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:07 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Who the hell knows . I threw 1K at a chiefs fans success so I'm good.
For all we know he could be a 49er fan now.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:01 PM 03-30-2018
Would anyone consider buying GE? They are having problems and their stock is very low right now. To me that almost seems like the right time to buy. I would suspect they will get their shit together and it would come back up.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:46 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Would anyone consider buying GE? They are having problems and their stock is very low right now. To me that almost seems like the right time to buy. I would suspect they will get their shit together and it would come back up.
This may not be a bad time to start picking it up. Rumor has it Buffet is starting to get involved. If not him, it's ripe for someone else to start doing similar.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:29 PM 03-30-2018
I'm chomping on it . One read I saw says $8 may be the bottom but I'm wondering if it's there now. I haven't bought any yet but I have my finger on the trigger . If they spin off their losing business entitys it will start taking off and I understand that's their plan.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:57 PM 03-30-2018
Sometimes stocks are “cheap” for a reason. Ask people on here who bought GE near $20.

Until they put together a strategic turn around plan, I’ve got better places to put money.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:11 PM 03-30-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sometimes stocks are “cheap” for a reason. Ask people on here who bought GE near $20.

Until they put together a strategic turn around plan, I’ve got better places to put money.
I’d bet the farm they have one. They just don’t have to disclose it. So they won’t.

The Crux will be whether or not it’s worth a flying feces.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:21 PM 03-30-2018
On a very short term basis, GE is starting to show some positives. The $12ish handle could be a good buying point.

On a long term basis the stock looks like crap. But, if the rumors are true around this stock I don't see it going much lower. The breakup value of the various GE businesses will start to become very attractive.

There was a false buying opportunity around the $18 range in January that a lot of people bought into. They most likely have been shaken out now and the time to buy is more likely now that all of them have bailed.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:37 PM 04-02-2018

When they announce that plan you're gonna get in on the way up. It may move quick. It's closed at 13.12 today. I'm sitting on X cash waiting for a good play.

High five on X. We nailed that sucka! It's at 34 now.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:17 AM 04-03-2018
added a little moar NFLX this morning premarket at 281.40
[Reply]
lewdog 06:47 PM 04-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
When they announce that plan you're gonna get in on the way up. It may move quick. It's closed at 13.12 today. I'm sitting on X cash waiting for a good play.

High five on X. We nailed that sucka! It's at 34 now.
Yea could be a good short term play on that. I’m just not sure what’s a good buy price. Many thought $20 was it.

And yes, that was great. Doubled my money on it! Thanks for investment conversations we’ve had.
[Reply]
scho63 07:23 AM 04-05-2018

I got very very lucky with GE. I sold the stock at $17 for a nearly a $3,000 loss but thanks to having PUT options that went up nicely, I sold the puts shortly after selling the stock and lost only about $280 dollars.

If I held onto the puts after I sold the stock, I would have MADE money a few days later.

GE has worse problems than they claimed to disclose at the big write down. I don't trust their accounting and that all the bad news is still out. I could see more dividend cuts.

Looks cheap but it could get under $10 IMHO.

I certainly didn't think so at $19+ when I bought shares. :-)
[Reply]
Pushead2 03:30 AM 04-06-2018
I'm a n00b to this thread, but my spouse just lost her job and I'm taking care of all the bills. Things are snug, but we're not worrying about our lights being shut off.

My question to everyone is should I lower my 401K contribution until she finds something new? Sure in the short term I'll get a little extra in my check, but is it worth it to do so in the long term? Currently, I put in 8% with my company matching up to 5%.
[Reply]
eDave 03:42 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I'm a n00b to this thread, but my spouse just lost her job and I'm taking care of all the bills. Things are snug, but we're not worrying about our lights being shut off.

My question to everyone is should I lower my 401K contribution until she finds something new? Sure in the short term I'll get a little extra in my check, but is it worth it to do so in the long term? Currently, I put in 8% with my company matching up to 5%.
I'd reduce to 5% because it's foolish not to take the match. Until she finds new work. But a 3% differential probably isn't that much. And with this crazy market it might not be a bad idea anyway. Really depends on how long you think she will be out of work and how snug you really are.

Perhaps invest the 3% into an IRA so you can access if needed.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:57 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pushead2:

I wouldn't change my contribution. I'd tell the wife to not go to walmart to buy a damn thing until she's got a job. Or you could sell your laptop.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 934
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223623 > Last »
Up