ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 40
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:41 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Perhaps they are this aggressive going for this particular coach because they think it means they won't have to go out into FA overpaying for a starter. They might think a lot of the players just need to be developed and coached up. I can't say one way or the other, but I bet the new coaching staff gets more out of the roster than Sutton did.
An interesting point. We aren't as desperate to load our defense the way the giants had to. I'd bet a ton of our money goes to offense and a lot of our picks and value free agents goes to defense. We have a decent enough foundation that we can do that. And our coaches can make a lot more out of a little. Maybe we get some Sammy Watkins type guys on D (high dollar, but very short term fixes) vs Jalen Ramsey, Landon Collins mega contract guys.
[Reply]
FAX 02:45 PM 02-12-2019
On the subject of possible additions to the offense, I just saw a breakdown by Matt Waldman of TE Trevon Wesco.

Impressive kid to learn behind Kelce, IMO.

FAX
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:59 PM 02-12-2019
This is going to be the most agonizingly long offseason ever.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:00 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is going to be the most agonizingly long offseason ever.
Reminds me of the Royals between 2014 and 2015.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:01 PM 02-12-2019
Let's hope it turns out the same.

It's pretty incredible how close the Chiefs came to winning the SB (I know they'd have beaten the Rams) given they were w/o Berry and Watkins for most of the season and lost Hunt.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:10 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Ive never been excited about a position coach hire, but im ****ing pumped.
Seriously. Like I'm more excited about these hires than most free agents. Coach up our current players, that's one way to deal with the cap.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:10 PM 02-12-2019
this staff looks tight so far.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:11 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But as has been said - there's a reason for it. And the simplest one is likely the correct one, they believe this talent is better than it showed
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We don’t lack talent. 90% of the time players had no idea where to lineup. It was a confusing scheme
I respectfully disagree.

Originally Posted by SAUTO:
:-)

you're dumb
And you're delusional. If you and the Sad Guy think Clark Hunt is still the same person and owner he was prior to that game, you're not living in reality.
Whether or not it had the same level of effect on Reid remains to be seen, but I'll put my take up against yours any day of the week on this. Unfortunately, there aren't any real tangibles I can think of off the top of my head related to the offense that we could wager on, but how about this:

I guarantee you that Andy Reid and Clark Hunt will never again release premium talent from this team based on legal issues, murder or rape being the only exceptions.

That's a long haul wager, but I'm 100% confident in my ability to read the tea leaves based on my CP track record. Are you?

No monetary wagers over $100.00 and no "leaving forever/banhammer"-bullshit either. Name your terms, Sake-fetcher.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:12 PM 02-12-2019
Oh my God who cares
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:41 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I respectfully disagree.

And you're delusional. If you and the Sad Guy think Clark Hunt is still the same person and owner he was prior to that game, you're not living in reality.
Whether or not it had the same level of effect on Reid remains to be seen, but I'll put my take up against yours any day of the week on this. Unfortunately, there aren't any real tangibles I can think of off the top of my head related to the offense that we could wager on, but how about this:

I guarantee you that Andy Reid and Clark Hunt will never again release premium talent from this team based on legal issues, murder or rape being the only exceptions.

That's a long haul wager, but I'm 100% confident in my ability to read the tea leaves based on my CP track record. Are you?

No monetary wagers over $100.00 and no "leaving forever/banhammer"-bullshit either. Name your terms, Sake-fetcher.
:-) you're a fucking idiot.

they JUST punted hunt, the reigning league leading rusher. they obviously didnt regret the decision because they didnt re-sign him when he went to the browns.

i guarantee your "reading of the tea leaves" is wrong. and i'm willing to bet you an open ended 100 dollar bet.

BUT ONLY IF YOU REALIZE THAT I CAN NEVER LOSE BY THE WAY YOU HAVE WORDED IT. ONLY YOU CAN.

you fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:00 PM 02-12-2019
:-) you're a fucking idiot.

they JUST punted hunt, the reigning league leading rusher. they obviously didnt regret the decision because they didnt re-sign him when he went to the browns.

i guarantee your "reading of the tea leaves" is wrong. and i'm willing to bet you an open ended 100 dollar bet.

BUT ONLY IF YOU REALIZE THAT I CAN NEVER LOSE BY THE WAY YOU HAVE WORDED IT. ONLY YOU CAN.

you fucking idiot.
Of course you can lose, idiot. If the Chiefs, during the Reid era, kick a top-tier talent to the curb through outright release( no trades )over any legal issue sans murder or rape, you owe me $100.00

If they throw "Tyreek Hill" to the curb for a DWI, I owe you $100.00.

If they release Berry based on some arcane medical clause in the books that results in court action, that is null and void as it dishonors the spirit of the bet. Though, I might just pay you $100.00 anyway because I'll be so fucking happy to finally be rid of him, so there's that.

And "top-tier" means the player must be generally accepted by the board at-large as a true difference-maker, someone whose absence would greatly affect the teams weekly chances for success, NOT "Dee Ford" and a fucking PFF stat-sheet.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:22 PM 02-12-2019
That post made no sense.

You say they will NEVER AGAIN release a top tier player over legal issues and you will bet that in one post

Then you say I would lose if they release a player over legal issues... while changing the bet to while Reid is here(you just change terms and sides midstream?) And also say I win if we release a player over legal issues in the same post.

I'm really confused
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:31 PM 02-12-2019
That post made no sense.
Precisely. Sounds like a guy you bet against and he’ll legally never have any ability to collect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 02-12-2019
And if the definition excludes Dee Ford, I'm not sure what good it is.

Dee Ford, on the open market, would see a contract around $75-80 million with probably $35-40 million in guarantees. I mean...that's not nothing; probably put him around the top 15-20 highest paid defenders in the league.

I mean even if you don't figure he's one of the 20 BEST defenders in the league - there are 350 NFL starting defenders and he's among the top 50 or so at worst. If you're in the top 10-15% of your peer group, you're top tier, my friend.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:40 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
this staff looks tight so far.

[Reply]
Page 31 of 40
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up