ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3303 of 3903
« First < 2303280332033253329332993300330133023303 33043305330633073313335334033803 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:55 PM 12-14-2020
Fauci is saying masks and distancing until next winter. I don't see that happening. I think as the vaccine gets out and numbers start coming down it's going to be harder and harder to keep making people wear masks and such. I say by summer people are going to say enough is enough unless the numbers are still high.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Conspiracy theory time:

How do you get everyone to wear a mask? Tell them it's to protect me from you, not you from me.

How do you get them to keep wearing masks after vaccinated? Tell them just because you got the vaccine doesn't mean you won't transmit the disease.

So it's the same thing all over again....well the vaccine protects you from me but not me from you......or something like that

:-)
Yea I dont get the logic in telling people shit like take the vaccine and we can be back to normal in 18 or even 9 months.

Thats not going to encourage people no matter how you slice it.

And if the vaccine works, after you have it why would you do jack or shit when it comes to restrictions?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:10 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea I dont get the logic in telling people shit like take the vaccine and we can be back to normal in 18 or even 9 months.

Thats not going to encourage people no matter how you slice it.

And if the vaccine works, after you have it why would you do jack or shit when it comes to restrictions?
Because you might still transmit the disease even though you can't get it. See, it's you must still wear masks to protect me from you even though you have the vaccine.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:15 PM 12-14-2020
Because you might still transmit the disease even though you can't get it. See, it's you must still wear masks to protect me from you even though you have the vaccine.
So many "mights" involved.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:25 PM 12-14-2020
After I get vaccinated I'm going back to normal. I'm not even sure why they'd tell everyone to bunker down to keep this thing from spreading/killing so fast and wait until we can get a vaccine and then tell everyone that we're basically going to be doing the same shit after the vaccine.

This kind of stuff just makes people even more skeptical and makes them skeptical of the vaccine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 PM 12-14-2020
So many "mights" involved.
When this virus is over, I still “might” want some of you to stay away from me. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
After I get vaccinated I'm going back to normal. I'm not even sure why they'd tell everyone to bunker down to keep this thing from spreading/killing so fast and wait until we can get a vaccine and then tell everyone that we're basically going to be doing the same shit after the vaccine.

This kind of stuff just makes people even more skeptical and makes them skeptical of the vaccine.
I agree. But like I said, the claim is "because you might still transmit the disease, we don't know".

So basically it's the same song new verse.

First verse was: act like you have the virus even if you don't cause you might and not know it.

Second verse is: you got the vaccine but you still need to act like you have the virus even though you don't and we are 90% sure you can't get it you still might spread what you can't get to someone else.

I think some people have just got drunk on power even if unintentionally. People like the feeling of power and when they think they are doing it for the best interest of everyone else they are reluctant to let go.
[Reply]
sedated 08:37 PM 12-14-2020
I dont see how the same person can say "so many people will refuse the vaccine that it will delay getting back to normal" and in the next post also say normalcy will be delayed because there is a shortage of vaccines.

If a bunch of people refuse to take it, there should be plenty for those who want it.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I dont see how the same person can say "so many people will refuse the vaccine that it will delay getting back to normal" and in the next post also say normalcy will be delayed because there is a shortage of vaccines.

If a bunch of people refuse to take it, there should be plenty for those who want it.
It's circular...circle, it goes up and down and around, circular, circle....
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:47 PM 12-14-2020
It's circular...circle, it goes up and down and around, circular, circle....
And people wonder why others are skeptical of the constant double speak.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:53 PM 12-14-2020
And people wonder why others are skeptical of the constant double speak.
I mean I get it that you can't ditch precautions on day 1 of vaccines being available. But this shit that we have to wear masks until next winter is bullshit. By spring time most people who need the vaccine will have had it. And most who want it will probably have had it as well. At that point it's people who don't want it and that's their choice.

But you and I both know the politicos will use re-opening as a stick to get people to vaccinate. "Oh we are sorry but only 65% of the state has been vaccinated therefore school will remain remote, you can't go out to eat and you must wear a mask until we tell you don't have too. If only more people would just get vaccinated....."
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:58 PM 12-14-2020
I mean I get it that you can't ditch precautions on day 1 of vaccines being available. But this shit that we have to wear masks until next winter is bullshit. By spring time most people who need the vaccine will have had it. And most who want it will probably have had it as well. At that point it's people who don't want it and that's their choice.

But you and I both know the politicos will use re-opening as a stick to get people to vaccinate. "Oh we are sorry but only 65% of the state has been vaccinated therefore school will remain remote, you can't go out to eat and you must wear a mask until we tell you don't have too. If only more people would just get vaccinated....."

It's like seat belt laws. You can educate and educate and educate and some people still won't figure it out, so you have to pass laws to bypass Darwinism for them.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's like seat belt laws. You can educate and educate and educate and some people still won't figure it out, so you have to pass laws to bypass Darwinism for them.
No, it isn't. I hate that analogy. Seatbelts are about driving which is a privilege not a right. There is a significant difference. I appreciate and understand the sentiment but I hate that analogy.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:28 PM 12-14-2020

It's another area where nuance in discussion would be helpful. I don't expect us to be anywhere near the level of restrictions that we have now by next fall. If vaccination rates are low, though, there might be restrictions on things like large events still. Time will tell.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:34 PM 12-14-2020

I mostly agree. Although I'll still be a good boy until everyone's had an opportunity to get their vaccine too. Then it's game on!
[Reply]
Page 3303 of 3903
« First < 2303280332033253329332993300330133023303 33043305330633073313335334033803 > Last »
Up