ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3253 of 3903
« First < 2253275331533203324332493250325132523253 32543255325632573263330333533753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:39 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's great news. Our world will look much different by late spring/summer thanks to these scientists. Bravo.
:-)

To develop a vaccine that quickly and that effective has to be one of the greatest scientific achievements of all time.
[Reply]
TLO 09:39 AM 12-08-2020
So the folks at the FDA have had ample time to look over all this data already. I'll be interested to see what questions come up during the discussion on Thursday, but this baby looks pretty much good to go.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It must be the mRNA approach that the companies took in development that accelerated the % of success. People and even scientists at the start were hoping for a 70% success rate. Science comes through again. :-)
This approach has been in development for near 20 years. If it is this successful, essentially, we have just ended every viral pandemic in the future damn near immediately.

With this approach, you can insert said viral epitope and you're done.

It's really amazin.g
[Reply]
TLO 09:56 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This approach has been in development for near 20 years. If it is this successful, essentially, we have just ended every viral pandemic in the future damn near immediately.

With this approach, you can insert said viral epitope and you're done.

It's really amazin.g
It's pretty incredible. Science is amazing.
[Reply]
TLO 10:01 AM 12-08-2020
There's a lot to digest: 53 pages for the FDA-supplied document and 90+ pages for the Pfizer-supplied document.

I'm not even going to pretend I understand all of it. I haven't read it super thoroughly. Mostly skimming.

Has anyone seen anything in there that sticks out as a major issue? I didn't see anything too alarming.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:25 AM 12-08-2020
I am so ready for this vaccine. We had a companywide email sent out that they will be receiving the vaccine and they are going to start vaccinating our client facing staff once we receive it in the next week or so. No mention of a mandate other than implied lol.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:35 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am so ready for this vaccine. We had a companywide email sent out that they will be receiving the vaccine and they are going to start vaccinating our client facing staff once we receive it in the next week or so. No mention of a mandate other than implied lol.
Be nice if they could do what we all know they are going to do and approve this shit already. I mean is there really any kind of chance this doesn't get approved? I say this at literally the same time the people in the UK are getting this injected into their arms.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:47 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Be nice if they could do what we all know they are going to do and approve this shit already. I mean is there really any kind of chance this doesn't get approved? I say this at literally the same time the people in the UK are getting this injected into their arms.
Vaccinations will likely start as early as this weekend. The biggest challenges will be production and distribution.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:07 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Vaccinations will likely start as early as this weekend. The biggest challenges will be production and distribution.
I don't see how that's possible. I hope you're right but it took the UK a week between approval and the time needles started getting shoved into arms.

If we are prepared to start injecting 48 hours after approval then wtf are we waiting on? Sorry this just comes off as we are going through motions and not doing anything of value. Does anyone really think things are going to change between now and Thursday?
[Reply]
loochy 11:09 AM 12-08-2020
I don't see how that's possible. I hope you're right but it took the UK a week between approval and the time needles started getting shoved into arms.

If we are prepared to start injecting 48 hours after approval then wtf are we waiting on? Sorry this just comes off as we are going through motions and not doing anything of value. Does anyone really think things are going to change between now and Thursday?

The time it happens is the time it happens.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:10 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
The time it happens is the time it happens.
Man, you just go out onto limbs most would never dare to go out on...:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:13 AM 12-08-2020

No, I don't think anything will change. But there are processes for this just like there are processes for testing. There's still a chance (albeit small) that someone will notice something in the data that will alter our thinking, and it's important to give them the time to do the work.

But once the green light is given, it won't take much time at all for vaccines to start being given. This is one of the highest-priority logistical efforts we've ever seen, so it's gonna happen quickly.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:14 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a lot to digest: 53 pages for the FDA-supplied document and 90+ pages for the Pfizer-supplied document.

I'm not even going to pretend I understand all of it. I haven't read it super thoroughly. Mostly skimming.

Has anyone seen anything in there that sticks out as a major issue? I didn't see anything too alarming.
I am mostly interested in the nanobot info, how many , what type, will they automatically sync up to the 5 g towers, if and what kind of powers to expect, let me know when you get to that part.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:16 AM 12-08-2020
AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine safe, 70% effective, study suggests
https://www.foxnews.com/health/astra...ffective-study
[Reply]
DaFace 11:18 AM 12-08-2020
AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine safe, 70% effective, study suggests
https://www.foxnews.com/health/astra...ffective-study
70% is disappointing compared to the others, but the cost and logistics will likely push it to be the most widely-distributed vaccine in the end. If we can get vaccination rates high, it'll still make a huge difference.
[Reply]
Page 3253 of 3903
« First < 2253275331533203324332493250325132523253 32543255325632573263330333533753 > Last »
Up