ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3202 of 3903
« First < 2202270231023152319231983199320032013202 32033204320532063212325233023702 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:39 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
How have things been in Kansas City and Missouri?

Hoping the situation is improving rather than worsening
Seeing a bit of a rollover in cases and hospitalizations but not much as of yet. Biggest notable in the area is deaths are really dropping so that's good.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 08:43 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Seeing a bit of a rollover in cases and hospitalizations but not much as of yet. Biggest notable in the area is deaths are really dropping so that's good.
That's good at least.

I had a look at the daily cases and they seem to be dropping over the past couple weeks.

Is that because of a strict lockdown?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:49 AM 11-29-2020
Some will remember that a few weeks back I posted about my S.O. contracting COVID and getting very sick — she eventually came out of it and is doing well now, which is most important.

She first started showing symptoms on a Friday night, but I hadn’t. Knew that we were close contacts already at that point to someone who did have it, so we immediately began to space out and wear masks within our own living quarters.

I never got it, tested multiple times. My immediate family didn’t either despite being around them plenty of times in the last month. And I’ve gotta believe that the only reason is because we took those preventative steps.

Just some food for thought, know I’m generally preaching to the choir here, but I sure wish people would wake up. At my local Walmart where masks are supposed to be mandated, I would say we are lucky if 33% are ever wearing them. It’s embarrassing...
[Reply]
petegz28 08:57 AM 11-29-2020
That's good at least.

I had a look at the daily cases and they seem to be dropping over the past couple weeks.

Is that because of a strict lockdown?
No, there haven't been any strict lockdowns. KC closes bars and restaurants at 10pm but Johnson County is letting them stay open until 12.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Some will remember that a few weeks back I posted about my S.O. contracting COVID and getting very sick — she eventually came out of it and is doing well now, which is most important.

She first started showing symptoms on a Friday night, but I hadn’t. Knew that we were close contacts already at that point to someone who did have it, so we immediately began to space out and wear masks within our own living quarters.

I never got it, tested multiple times. My immediate family didn’t either despite being around them plenty of times in the last month. And I’ve gotta believe that the only reason is because we took those preventative steps.

Just some food for thought, know I’m generally preaching to the choir here, but I sure wish people would wake up. At my local Walmart where masks are supposed to be mandated, I would say we are lucky if 33% are ever wearing them. It’s embarrassing...
My brother in law lives with his gf in kc and she had it and they were together the whole time thru in their apartment. He got tested and quarantined, never had an issue

Gotta think there’s some kind of immunity going on
[Reply]
petegz28 09:13 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My brother in law lives with his gf in kc and she had it and they were together the whole time thru in their apartment. He got tested and quarantined, never had an issue

I wish my Wife would have gotten tested while I had it but she wouldn't. Not for any political reasons or anything like that but nonetheless.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:15 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

My daughter tested positive and my son in law and the kids never developed symptoms. (She had symptoms).

Friends wife tested positive and same thing in their household, he didnt and neither did their daughter and he continued to sleep in the same bed with her TRYING to catch it.

Its a weird bug for sure. Look at all the asymptomatic cases so far in the NFL. We only know about them because of daily testing.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:17 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No, there haven't been any strict lockdowns. KC closes bars and restaurants at 10pm but Johnson County is letting them stay open until 12.
Fair fair.

Would that be the main reason for the drop in cases over the past 2 weeks?
[Reply]
phisherman 09:20 AM 11-29-2020
Hard to tell. We've been wearing masks in pretty much all public places for months now. That rule never really got lax, at least on my side of the metro.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Are Covid Patients Gasping ‘It Isn’t Real’ As They Die?
An ER nurse’s anecdote of deranged denialism went viral. But when the media caught wind of the story, reporters didn’t do their jobs.

As WIRED’s Gilad Edelman reported at the time, none of these accounts held up to further scrutiny—yet each had been picked up from its original source and then amplified by larger publications that added little or no additional reporting. There’s good reason for these stories to be passed along, Edelman wrote. The hospital administrator who first went public with the story of the last-breath Covid-party confession is “trying desperately to get the American public to take the coronavirus seriously. If she hears a perfect cautionary tale, it isn’t necessarily her responsibility to investigate whether it’s too perfect before passing it along. It is, however, precisely the job of reporters.”

https://www.wired.com/story/are-covi...l-as-they-die/
When someone posted somepne in their family didn't think Covid is real it was followed by many posters calling BS. Then for pages you had posters say, my neighbor, uncle, friend and even my dad think it was fake.

Its all anecdotal but there is also reputable polls. Okay so polls can be wrong.

There is obviously a significant portion on the USA that doesn't think Covid is real. We don't know how large but why the denial it even exists. People believe misinformation every single day, why would this be different?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:30 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When someone posted somepne in their family didn't think Covid is real it was followed by many posters calling BS. Then for pages you had posters say, my neighbor, uncle, friend and even my dad think it was fake.

Its all anecdotal but there is also reputable polls. Okay so polls can be wrong.

There is obviously a significant portion on the USA that doesn't think Covid is real.
Define "real" in the context of your statements? I think this is where the disconnect is, very very few people believe its not real, many people still think its not as dangerous as being portrayed. Thats not the same thing.

Right in the post from IA_Chiefs_fan he says his dad didn't believe it was real but also said his dad claimed to have already had it last November.

Get what I am saying? So you need to define what "its not real" actually means.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:31 AM 11-29-2020
Fair fair.

Would that be the main reason for the drop in cases over the past 2 weeks?
Doubtful. Very doubtful.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 AM 11-29-2020

Glad to hear your S.O. is doing much better now. :-)
Here in Florida its wide open. The Governor is going as far as suing any county, city that makes a local only mask mandate, restricts hours of bars etc. etc.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:42 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Define "real" in the context of your statements? I think this is where the disconnect is, very very few people believe its not real, many people still think its not as dangerous as being portrayed. Thats not the same thing.

Right in the post from IA_Chiefs_fan he says his dad didn't believe it was real but also said his dad claimed to have already had it last November.

Get what I am saying? So you need to define what "its not real" actually means.
Sorry man but thats how conversations go in DC. No interest in going down that road. See The Pete and Donger debates for pages in this thread.

Wheres your evidence? How do you define "real"? With all due respect, I just don't want to get into those conversations.

I said these reports are anecdotal which means its not a fact so I'm not having a conversation about defining "real" for something thats not a fact.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:53 AM 11-29-2020
I finally got my test back today and I’m positive just like I thought. Sucks not being able to go anywhere but oh well.

I feel more fatigued and still sweat a lot but really not too bad. Wife is fine too. Breathing is still different but nowhere near bad by any account.
[Reply]
Page 3202 of 3903
« First < 2202270231023152319231983199320032013202 32033204320532063212325233023702 > Last »
Up