ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3200 of 3903
« First < 2200270031003150319031963197319831993200 32013202320332043210325033003700 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:14 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just to piss you off and watch you dwell on it....
Why prod that simpleton? Dude probably has night sweats about cases
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:24 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'll be glad to get my life back to where it was. I have no interest in the new Health Technocrats promising me they can save me.

Walk into a supermarket and look at the crap on the shelves. If people actually cared about health they would look much different.
Not following what this new health Technocrats thing is? Is this a conspiracy thing?

If you decide to have Pizza and cheeseburgers every day, thats on you.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:41 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not following what this new health Technocrats thing is? Is this a conspiracy thing?

If you decide to have Pizza and cheeseburgers every day, thats on you.
The new array of government officials aligned with low-level health bureaucrats that claim they care about my health.

In my area of NY the county executive just outsources his thinking to the governor and the health officer is a woman with background in child pediatrics that has received more than 150,000 in overtime so far.

If the government cared so much about health outcomes they might focus on the fact that Americans consume 152 pounds of sugar a year and about 70 pounds of highly processed oils like soybean and canola.

I don't think there is any great plan. What we get in this country is rule by one set or another. Right now the lockdowns have put a lot of money in the richest people's pockets. The fact that no evidence is presented that they work is of little consequence or the massive loss of small business. Just more $$$ for people like this.

[Reply]
stumppy 10:46 AM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The new array of government officials aligned with low-level health bureaucrats that claim they care about my health.

In my area of NY the county executive just outsources his thinking to the governor and the health officer is a woman with background in child pediatrics that has received more than 150,000 in overtime so far.

If the government cared so much about health outcomes they might focus on the fact that Americans consume 152 pounds of sugar a year and about 70 pounds of highly processed oils like soybean and canola.

I don't think there is any great plan. What we get in this country is rule by one set or another. Right now the lockdowns have put a lot of money in the richest people's pockets. The fact that no evidence is presented that they work is of little consequence or the massive loss of small business. Just more $$$ for people like this.

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:55 AM 11-28-2020

Originally Posted by Dirty Steve:
He ain't all there, is he?

[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:50 PM 11-28-2020
Technocrats pump up the jam.mp3 /C:/Jockjames
[Reply]
TLO 06:54 PM 11-28-2020
So I met an RN at a conference last year, and we've kept up a friendship via Facebook as she lives in California. She always seemed very intelligent and level headed to me.

Today I read a post she made on Facebook about how taking the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was abusing your "white privilege".

God damnit
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:08 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So I met an RN at a conference last year, and we've kept up a friendship via Facebook as she lives in California. She always seemed very intelligent and level headed to me.

Today I read a post she made on Facebook about how taking the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine was abusing your "white privilege".

God damnit

Unfortunately, common sense and intelligence are not things that are always connected.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:18 PM 11-28-2020
Well my 78 year old dad was diagnosed with Covid today. He’s been sick for a week or so and kept telling me it was just a cold. I told him he shouldn’t go anywhere or anything, just in case. He’s been going to restaurants etc. Two nights ago he went with friends and played cards and had supper even though he wasn’t feeling well. Today he can’t stand without feeling like he’ll fall over. Oxygen level at 90. And he doesn’t remember what the doctor told him about the medicines so he’s going back tomorrow. He won’t listen to me. SMH
Hope he’ll be okay. And I hope everyone he's been in contact with will be okay as well. He's a nine hour round trip from me so there's not much I can do in terms of dropping off groceries or medicine. He doesn't have any family near him. ****.

The only good thing is I won't have to hear, "I'm 99.9% sure I had it back in November so I don't think I can catch it." Even if it was in the US then it wasn't in the freaking rural Midwest. SMH. I kept trying to tell him.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:27 PM 11-28-2020
Here in NorCal the mask compliance is annoyingly strong. I say that because even outdoors i get dirty looks from people even when they are 50' from me and across the street. Of course I put on a mask when indoors and walking next to people outdoors. Funny thing is, the majority of folks I see NOT wearing masks are folks with an awful lot of grey in their hair. I think much of that generation is laughing but also ready to roll with it if they get gravely ill.
[Reply]
loochy 07:28 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

God damnit

I don't get it. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 07:29 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Here in NorCal the mask compliance is annoyingly strong. I say that because even outdoors i get dirty looks from people even when they are 50' from me and across the street. Of course I put on a mask when indoors and walking next to people outdoors. Funny thing is, the majority of folks I see NOT wearing masks are folks with an awful lot of grey in their hair. I think much of that generation is laughing but also ready to roll with it if they get gravely ill.

yup
[Reply]
DaFace 07:42 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Well my 78 year old dad was diagnosed with Covid today. He’s been sick for a week or so and kept telling me it was just a cold. I told him he shouldn’t go anywhere or anything, just in case. He’s been going to restaurants etc. Two nights ago he went with friends and played cards and had supper even though he wasn’t feeling well. Today he can’t stand without feeling like he’ll fall over. Oxygen level at 90. And he doesn’t remember what the doctor told him about the medicines so he’s going back tomorrow. He won’t listen to me. SMH
Hope he’ll be okay. And I hope everyone he's been in contact with will be okay as well. He's a nine hour round trip from me so there's not much I can do in terms of dropping off groceries or medicine. He doesn't have any family near him. ****.

The only good thing is I won't have to hear, "I'm 99.9% sure I had it back in November so I don't think I can catch it." Even if it was in the US then it wasn't in the freaking rural Midwest. SMH. I kept trying to tell him.
Best of luck to him. If things start to decline, don't let him wait around. It can turn fast for people that age.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:44 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Best of luck to him. If things start to decline, don't let him wait around. It can turn fast for people that age.
Yeah. My concern is that he hasn't listened to me so far so not certain he will moving forward either.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:48 PM 11-28-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Yeah. My concern is that he hasn't listened to me so far so not certain he will moving forward either.
Well, I suppose best of luck to you then.
[Reply]
Page 3200 of 3903
« First < 2200270031003150319031963197319831993200 32013202320332043210325033003700 > Last »
Up