ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 240
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Yeah, that's me...I've been following this team for 48 years and I just can't wait to hate the head coach...because I get a real kick out of chewing my fingernails down every game.
"I'll take the word of guys who write about football for a living...."

{another NFL squad hires one of Andy's assistants to be an actual head coach..."}

"Oh, well it's because they just assume he's smarter than the guy that taught him all that stuff..."

The national media carries sway for you - the NFL front offices that continue to employ people trained by Andy Reid, OTOH, well that's just coincidence.
[Reply]
fan4ever 04:52 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

{another NFL squad hires one of Andy's assistants to be an actual head coach..."}

"Oh, well it's because they just assume he's smarter than the guy that taught him all that stuff..."

The national media carries sway for you - the NFL front offices that continue to employ people trained by Andy Reid, OTOH, well that's just coincidence.
I think perhaps you missed my original point; I think Andy's a very good head coach...I think just about EVERYBODY thinks he's a good head coach...but he's not a great coach when milking a lead and not a great clock manager...and he gets criticized for such, not just by his fans, but by others as well. Certainly some of his guys have been hired...evidently they've learned a winning formula from Reid...Peterson was amazing during the SuperBowl (Reid would have never called that fourth down play on the goal line). I just highly doubt any of his proteges come away thinking they'll try and emulate some his great clock management when they have their own team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:56 PM 09-20-2018
I think perhaps you missed my original point; I think Andy's a very good head coach...I think just about EVERYBODY thinks he's a good head coach...but he's not a great coach when milking a lead and not a great clock manager...and he gets criticized for such, not just by his fans, but by others as well. Certainly some of his guys have been hired...evidently they've learned a winning formula from Reid...Peterson was amazing during the SuperBowl (Reid would have never called that fourth down play on the goal line). I just highly doubt any of his proteges come away thinking they'll try and emulate some his great clock management when they have their own team.
Really? Reid can't help himself when it comes to gimmicky play calls near the goal line, and you don't think he's capable of something like that?
[Reply]
eDave 04:58 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
This thread thing is depressing on a thousand levels.

A castigartory whirlpool of mulct sucking the life out of whoever is unfortunate enough to open it.

FAX
It's
[Reply]
FAX 04:59 PM 09-20-2018
If we had an icon deal representing a bunch of old women airing out their grievances at the beauty salon, this thread would be a good place for it.

FAX
[Reply]
eDave 05:03 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
If we had an icon deal representing a bunch of old women airing out their grievances at the beauty salon, this thread would be a good place for it.

FAX
To be fair, Rabble was smoking a lot of weed back when this was started.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:05 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
To be fair, Rabble was smoking a lot of weed back when this was started.
This is true.

And I'm not now, so I'm cranky sometimes.

It's always been a mixed bag.
[Reply]
fan4ever 05:10 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Really? Reid can't help himself when it comes to gimmicky play calls near the goal line, and you don't think he's capable of something like that?
He can when it's fairly meaningless, like the goal line pass from Poe when the game was well in hand. I notice he didn't have anything gadgety like that when we needed a sure two in the playoffs against Pittsburgh a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:15 PM 09-20-2018
He can when it's fairly meaningless, like the goal line pass from Poe when the game was well in hand. I notice he didn't have anything gadgety like that when we needed a sure two in the playoffs against Pittsburgh a couple of years ago.
Lots of guys have a deep bag of tricks for 4th and goal from the 12, eh?

Real reasonable criticisms here...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:18 PM 09-20-2018

But you have to separate being a brilliant head coach and managing games. Marty is one of the best coaches of all time in terms of preparing players. Andy Reid is excellent at preparing players and arguably the most innovative playcaller in today's game. They run the table on regular season games. But in the playoffs where every mistake is magnified by 100, those small mistakes become big deals, and you have to hope that for 3 or 4 games they don't end up costing you.

Like our offense turtling up against Indy and our defense running prevent. Like nobody on our coaching staff saying a damn word while Alex Smith milks 30 seconds off the clock every. Single. Snap. Like dialing up 2 damn run plays in the entire second half +running prevent. If you go back to the eagles days you'll see the same thing. Either he's constantly snake bit. Or maybe he just consistently isn't good at Situational game management. I've always said the conundrum with Andy Reid is on the one hand, few coaches can field a team as good as the one Andy Reid puts on the field. But that comes with the baggage that those players have to overcome his mistakes.
[Reply]
Passepartout 05:49 PM 09-20-2018
Really he would not be 2-0 if he was terrible. Just really however needs to make better decisions and game timing.
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:37 PM 09-20-2018

You mean fourth and a yard and a half? I would hope so. Took brass balls to call that play; Pederson did; can't imagine Reid doing that...especially on that stage...maybe we'll get to find out...one day.
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:38 PM 09-20-2018

I'm talking about before we got the holding penalty...but I think you know that.
[Reply]
O.city 06:48 PM 09-20-2018
I'm talking about before we got the holding penalty...but I think you know that.
You know the conversion was actually good though until the Hoke call right?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:56 PM 09-20-2018
Yeah, I had a bit of a eureeka moment there mid-post but didn't go too far down the rabbit hole with it because y'know what? Marty's squads rolled over and died after a lot of game-changing calls as well.

I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the idea because frankly, this isn't new to Reid. He and Marty are effectively polar opposites. Their approaches are diametrically opposed, their focuses are completely distinct. They couldn't be more different.

And both of their teams have had stuff like that happen.

Arrowheads built on top of a bunch of dead indians, man. It's the only answer I've got...
Remember the Marty coached SD team that went 14-2 and had NE on the ropes in the 4th quarter in the playoffs?

Sideline video shows him telling the defense if yo get a pick to go to the ground and sure enough a SD DB picks off Brady and tries to run it back and gets hit and then fumbles and NE recovers and ends up scoring and winning.

How is that Marty's fault again? That poor guy was snake bit. Ernest Byner, The Drive, The Mother****ing kicker who shall not be named and the phantom holding call etc...

The good news is Mahomes is a fucking exorcist and has already evicted many a KC QB ghost.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 240
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up