ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 240
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 09-28-2018
Four 100-yard games in the first 5 games.

Two in the last 11.

As Alex Smith went, so went Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:47 PM 09-28-2018
Titans Game Second Half Drive Chart

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

1ST 2ND HALF SERIES
1st - Short Pass Incomplete
2nd - Run with Hunt (9 yards)
3rd - Run with Alex Smith (-1)
4th - Punt

2ND 2ND HALF SERIES
1st - Run with Hunt (-1 yards)
2nd - Short Pass to Tyrek Hill (-2 yards)
3rd - Alex Smith scramble (1 yard)
4th - Miss Field Goal

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

3RD SECOND HALF SERIES
1st - Pass short to Hill (5 yards)
2nd - Pass short to Wilson (8 yards) First Down
1st - Run with Hunt (7 yards)
2nd - Run with Hunt (1 yard)
3rd - Short Pass incomplete
4th - Punt

TITANS TAKE LEAD

That is some fairly conservative, trying to run clock plays. Offense didn't execute. They didn't get first downs. They missed a field goal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 09-29-2018
Andy Reid Furious At Self For Poor Clock Management

At End Of 72-Oz. Steak Challenge

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY, MO—Lamenting his total lack of urgency while chewing, Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid expressed frustration with himself Thursday over his poor clock management in the final moments of Union Grill’s 72-ounce “Belt Buster” steak challenge.

“I just lost track of the clock, and the next thing I knew, there was only one minute left and still 15 ounces of steak to go,” said Reid, bemoaning the fact that he leisurely dipped every piece of the 4.5-pound sirloin in A.1. Sauce while precious seconds continued running off the clock.

“Once I realized how little time was left, I tried to hurry up and managed to get most of it down, but I had trouble lining up the next chunk. I always say how important it is to eat with all your heart for the full 60 minutes, and don’t look ahead to the next meal, and days like today show why. But there’s no one to blame but myself.”

Reid added that to avoid a similar mistake in the future, he is simply going to eat the entire steak in a single mouthful.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:47 PM 09-29-2018
:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:49 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

1ST 2ND HALF SERIES
4th - Punt

2ND 2ND HALF SERIES
4th - Miss Field Goal

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

3RD SECOND HALF SERIES
4th - Punt

TITANS TAKE LEAD

That is some fairly conservative, trying to run clock plays. Offense didn't execute. They didn't get first downs. They missed a field goal.
Yup, the 8 man in the box days are dead hopefully so is the conservative playcalling until the game is NO longer in Doubt. Step on the throat, sweep the leg..... :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:25 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not super easy to run with Smith at QB since teams will sit their whole team in the box and go, throw it deep I dare you.
Yet, Hunt led the league in rushing, so......?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:28 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not really the greatest of examples if you're trying to prove a point since Bill Self, in addition to those losses, has 3 Final Fours and a championship.

If Andy is "Bill Self" we couldn't be in better shape.
You are right, but Reid made 5 consecutive NFC Championship games, and only won one. He obviously didn't win the Super Bowl.

So, Self now has 3 Final Fours and a Ring, but he lost quite a few EE games before getting over the hump. And of course, won his Ring on the first try.

But last year was Reid's 19 year as a HC, and he is still losing playoff games the exact same way every time.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:48 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yet, Hunt led the league in rushing, so......?

Not to disparage Hunt, he's great, but all that tells me is that it was possibly a down year in number of attempts across the league.
And how many of those attempts were pure runs/hand-offs and not passes behind the LOS? Or passes 1 to 3 yards beyond the LOS?

The point is: This league doesn't run. Not like it used to.

And between turning defenses in to soft-touch finesse squads, QB's in to fragile marketing assets, and RB's in to receivers, the game has "evolved" in to something it was never intended to be.
So it's absolutely no surprise to me that ratings are down.

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You are right, but Reid made 5 consecutive NFC Championship games, and only won one. He obviously didn't win the Super Bowl.

So, Self now has 3 Final Fours and a Ring, but he lost quite a few EE games before getting over the hump. And of course, won his Ring on the first try.

But last year was Reid's 19 year as a HC, and he is still losing playoff games the exact same way every time.

It's all about creating a team and employing a QB who can make up for Reid's deficiencies. We're getting closer.
And if Reid can't do this with Mahomes, he's NEVER going to do it.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:03 PM 09-29-2018
Hunt will do what he's been doing..bulldozing for first downs to seal the games.

....the dynamic of the offense has changed...he's got good hands he's going to produce one way or another.

Not worried.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:42 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Not to disparage Hunt, he's great, but all that tells me is that it was possibly a down year in number of attempts across the league.
And how many of those attempts were pure runs/hand-offs and not passes behind the LOS? Or passes 1 to 3 yards beyond the LOS?

The point is: This league doesn't run. Not like it used to.

And between turning defenses in to soft-touch finesse squads, QB's in to fragile marketing assets, and RB's in to receivers, the game has "evolved" in to something it was never intended to be.
So it's absolutely no surprise to me that ratings are down.

It's all about creating a team and employing a QB who can make up for Reid's deficiencies. We're getting closer.
And if Reid can't do this with Mahomes, he's NEVER going to do it.
My point about Hunt was the fact that Reid once again lost another 18 point second half lead because he didn't run the ball. Hunt only had 5 carries in the second half. Regardless of whether Hunt was racking up yards, eating the clock and helping the defense rest are two very big advantages of running the ball with a second half 18 point lead in the second half of a playoff game.

But I also think that Hunt has proven that he can take a 2 yard run and make it 7 yards because of the rate at which he makes people miss and breaks tackles. And given enough carries to into some kind of rhythm, he has a chance to break out some big runs.

This thread is about Reid being a bad coach, and he is a good regular season coach, but continues to lose playoff games for the exact same reason. If you don't learn from your mistakes after almost two decades of being a Head Coach, can you really be called a great coach?

[Reply]
RunKC 07:52 AM 10-03-2018
I have never felt more compelled to believe in this team winning a ring with Andy as I did on Monday night.

This was basically the Titans playoff game situation on steroids.

-Lose one of your top weapons (Watkins)
-nothing is working on offense
-Andy is getting out coached. His plays aren’t working
-Needed offense to get rolling in the 2nd half bc the opponent put up 22 or more points
-penalties were killing our drives

Mahomes can carry Andy and will us to victory. We are never out of it.

And Andy knows it. No wonder he is so happy all the time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:25 AM 10-03-2018
One person says Andy is a bad coach because he got conservative in the 2nd half of the Tennessee game, another person says Andy is a bad coach because he didn't run Hunt enough in the second half.

Only on CP.

We lost because Alex turtled in the 2nd half and Harris dropped a pass that him right in the fucking hands.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:46 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Andy Reid Furious At Self For Poor Clock Management

At End Of 72-Oz. Steak Challenge

A1 Steak Sauce you're doing it wrong coach.

Also you got a little sauce stain on your suite jacket.
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:52 AM 10-03-2018
[/QUOTE]

That's a damn fine job at Photoshop. That IS photoshopped...right?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:02 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

1ST 2ND HALF SERIES
4th - Punt

2ND 2ND HALF SERIES
4th - Miss Field Goal

TITANS SCORE TOUCHDOWN

3RD SECOND HALF SERIES
4th - Punt

TITANS TAKE LEAD

That 1st drive on the 2nd half was so Alexian.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 240
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up