ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 173
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
M_M 07:44 PM 09-06-2023
Laughed out loud every episode of Sprung on amazon; but it's free with my Samsung plus channels I can login and watch as a guest; really makes fun of the "pandemic"
[Reply]
M_M 08:13 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The Justified reboot has really disappointed me. Wife and I (big fans of the original) couldn't make it through the first episode. The writing is garbage and unfortunately proliferated with a bunch of woke nonsense, and Olyphant was sidelined almost the entire time.
I loved the original which is why I likely hated this 'reboot'; a friend of mine slugged it all the way through and said Boyd was in last episode; so maybe there is hope if there is another season; but it definitely needs more characters like Winona and Ava...
[Reply]
srvy 09:44 PM 09-06-2023
Thanks
I was going to start it tonight then kapoof net down.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rocknrolla 07:36 PM 09-09-2023
Originally Posted by M_M:
Laughed out loud every episode of Sprung on amazon; but it's free with my Samsung plus channels I can login and watch as a guest; really makes fun of the "pandemic"
I love almost anything Greg Garcia does ( My name is Earl, Raising Hope & The book). Not so much Yes Dear. Martha Pimpton kills it in Raising Hope and Sprung.
[Reply]
M_M 08:29 PM 09-09-2023
Just watched first episode of Dark Winds; looks good

I could only watch episode 1 free on AMC app since I don't have cable; went to library and am waiting list for dvd season 1 to watch the rest.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 10:51 AM 09-10-2023
Just watched first episode of Dark Winds; looks good

I could only watch episode 1 free on AMC app since I don't have cable; went to library and am waiting list for dvd season 1 to watch the rest.
Season 1 is on MAX.
[Reply]
M_M 09:29 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Season 1 is on MAX.
Thanks; got the season 1 dvd from the library and have watched first 3 episodes; still liking it!
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:54 AM 09-15-2023
I loved the original which is why I likely hated this 'reboot'; a friend of mine slugged it all the way through and said Boyd was in last episode; so maybe there is hope if there is another season; but it definitely needs more characters like Winona and Ava...
Trying to power through since I loved the original.

But man they really try to make it hard. Couldn't understand a word the daughter was saying with her constantly using the baby voice.

Then they force a sexual relationship with Raylan and the fat old black lawyer.

Like what the hell?? He goes from Winona and Ava to that.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:04 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Trying to power through since I loved the original.

But man they really try to make it hard. Couldn't understand a word the daughter was saying with her constantly using the baby voice.

Then they force a sexual relationship with Raylan and the fat old black lawyer.

Like what the hell?? He goes from Winona and Ava to that.
The writers for this show blew chunks. No way I made it past the first episode.
[Reply]
M_M 09:51 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The writers for this show blew chunks. No way I made it past the first episode.
I stopped at episode 3 or 4; can't recall now; I kept hoping it would get better.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:38 PM 09-21-2023
I stopped at episode 3 or 4; can't recall now; I kept hoping it would get better.
So I actually finished it. Same complaints but the last episode wasn't too bad.

Why couldn't they have just done that this season? Would have been a million times more entertaining. Maybe they knew that this season sucked and threw out a lifeline to get a second season?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:53 AM 10-26-2023
Enjoyed watching Bodies on Netflix. It's about four London detectives, in four different time periods, find themselves investigating the same murder. The first two episodes are confusing but it gets better as it goes along.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:38 AM 11-04-2023
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Enjoyed watching Bodies on Netflix. It's about four London detectives, in four different time periods, find themselves investigating the same murder. The first two episodes are confusing but it gets better as it goes along.
Just finished Bodies last night and thought it was really well done

Its a good story that was well shot, performed and scored but most of all they crescendo'd the season in the last episode.

So many good shows seem to sputter across the finish line but Bodies nailed it. Could be due to no pressure of a second season (at least I can't think of how the could continue with the same story, so maybe a completely different story and new cast ala White Lotus). It was really really well done though imo.
[Reply]
kepp 02:33 PM 11-10-2023
I searched the thread and didn't see it mentioned, but I have been watching "Upload" on Prime and getting a kick out of it. There are some brilliant aspects to it. Especially if you've ever worked in online advertising/marketing.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:46 PM 11-10-2023
i really enjoyed season 1 of "Upload"
Season 2 was pretty good
Season 3 - I just can't.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 173
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Up