ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 336 of 3903
« First < 236286326332333334335336 3373383393403463864368361336 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:14 PM 03-16-2020
Yikes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...pore-hong-kong
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
today is my last day of work.

I got one more check coming than I have no idea how I'm gonna pay my share of rent.
Sorry to hear.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:15 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Nice of you to cherry pick a comment from February 27th.

Go back to DC
No thanks for the most part people aren't being dicks in here.
[Reply]
wazu 04:15 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
im not a financial wiz or play one on TV but it seems to me that nothing has changed in the economy that’s going to last after this health scare is over. Businesses start restaffing up, Why wouldn’t stocks go back up, people go on cruises, vacations, start buying stuff again?
Not if a giant percentage have been unemployed for months and are now broke and behind in mortgage payments. Not for those who lost everything as their businesses went bankrupt. This shutdown phase needs to be brief or we're looking at a disaster for our way of life. And it won't just spring back.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:15 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...pore-hong-kong
I think this is well know.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:15 PM 03-16-2020
im not a financial wiz or play one on TV but it seems to me that nothing has changed in the economy that’s going to last after this health scare is over. Businesses start restaffing up, Why wouldn’t stocks go back up, people go on cruises, vacations, start buying stuff again?
Okay, I will tell you what you are missing.

Waiters, waitresses, people who work in gyms, theaters, etc. are all being sent home. Many are hourly workers. Many can't work from home. Some are small businesses and are going to shut down.

People still have bills to pay, mouths to feed, etc. The economy has now been wrecked and it's going to take a long time to recover. Right now it looks like at least several months.

And then you got the whole thing of schools closing leaving some parents in the situation of choosing their job or their kid. This "work at home" mantra everyone is saying to do only applies to a minority of our workforce.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:15 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, but you mention right and left. That's politics. It doesn't belong here. Take it to DC if you must.
fair enough I'll mention no political sides.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:16 PM 03-16-2020

Here are the young men and young women (I refuse to call them “kids“) celebrating spring break in Fort Lauderdale. They are going to bring coronavirus home to their parents & grandparents. And they do not care. pic.twitter.com/SmJAwr7Lpk

— Tommy Krasker (@TommyKrasker) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:16 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
I think this is well know.
Is it? We literally just had a poster say we arent France.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:16 PM 03-16-2020
Airlines want $50 billion in bailout money, to start with. Most airlines in the world are expecting to be bankrupt by May 2020.

How are we suppose to bail out every industry and ourselfs when this is all over?
Considering that the Airlines have been screwing fliers since Katrina. Fares increased dramatically and fees were added for bags to cover the cost of fuel increases. After fuel costs dropped, did fares return to normal and fees removed? Heck no. Let the CEOs give back some of their (our) money.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:17 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's sad to see such disregard for human life.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:17 PM 03-16-2020
Sorry to hear.
I can't be mad about it I don't want this spreading any more than it has to.

just sucks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:17 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Uh, that’s not how it works.

The significant percent of the population that experienced a financial shock (job, stock market) aren’t just going to resume spending as usual right away.
I’m aware but I was talking long term, not the next week after the national emergency is over. It took a way long time to recover after 9/11 than it should have because people were fearful. I’m thinking once this virus runs it’s course, people won’t have the fear they had after 9/11.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
This shutdown phase needs to be brief or we're looking at a disaster for our way of life. And it won't just spring back.
I was assuming that this wide spread shutdown is going to be short. If not, yeah, it’s going to have a lasting effect on the economy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:22 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I can't be mad about it I don't want this spreading any more than it has to.

just sucks.
You are voluntarily quitting your job?
[Reply]
Page 336 of 3903
« First < 236286326332333334335336 3373383393403463864368361336 > Last »
Up