ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3256 of 3903
« First < 2256275631563206324632523253325432553256 32573258325932603266330633563756 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:55 PM 12-08-2020
Restrictions should follow rates of infection and hospital capacity levels
[Reply]
petegz28 01:57 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Restrictions should follow rates of infection and hospital capacity levels
FYP....
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:58 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Actually, I'm saying that the people who get vaccinated will still have a 5 percent vulnerability if they go back to normal, which may be higher than their current vulnerability if they're staying home. So the vaccinated people may actually produce an uptick in cases.

As more people get vaccinated, that 5 percent will go down to a miniscule amount as the spread lowers, so it's really an early adopter problem.
Whole discussion is moot until it's clear a vaccinated person won't be capable of transmitting it through indirect and brief contact with the susceptible.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:02 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Whole discussion is moot until it's clear a vaccinated person won't be capable of transmitting it through indirect and brief contact with the susceptible.
No, I'm talking about getting it as a vaccinated person. If the vaccine is 95 percent effective, that means that 5 percent of vaccinated people can still get it. For someone like me who's basically a hermit right now, a 5 percent vulnerability is probably higher than I'm experiencing right now. If 100 people like me get vaccinated and go out into society, more of us will get the virus than we will if we remain hermits in our thatched-roof huts in the woods.

Again, it's a very temporary potential phenomenon because exposure will drop as the vaccines become more widespread, but I think it's a legitimate theory.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:08 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
No, I'm talking about getting it as a vaccinated person. If the vaccine is 95 percent effective, that means that 5 percent of vaccinated people can still get it. For someone like me who's basically a hermit right now, a 5 percent vulnerability is probably higher than I'm experiencing right now.
Given personal motives for vaccination are irrelevant, what's more important:

A) Limiting the number of fatalities and overall severity of illness in the infected

or

B) Limiting the total overall number of infected.
[Reply]
kgrund 02:10 PM 12-08-2020
One would think that someone vaccinated is not likely to shed a significant amount of viral load sufficient to get someone really sick, but that just seems to be a common sense guess.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You really just proved the argument I was making. It isn't about "pleasing" people, Donger. Though I am not shocked that's how you see it.
Is there really an argument to be made? It's very clear that some people are just miserable fucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:12 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is there really an argument to be made? It's very clear that some people are just miserable ****s.
Well, you are a miserable fuck, I would agree. Some people don't want the vaccine and don't want restrictions. Go figure.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:15 PM 12-08-2020
Given personal motives for vaccination are irrelevant, what's more important:

A) Limiting the number of fatalities and overall severity of illness in the infected

or

B) Limiting the total overall number of infected.
A.

However, this is unrelated to my point, which is way over there. My points are apparently really mobile today.

[Reply]
Donger 02:16 PM 12-08-2020
Well, you are a miserable ****, I would agree. Some people don't want the vaccine and don't want restrictions. Go figure.
Yes, pete. That's what makes them miserable fucks.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:19 PM 12-08-2020
Yes, pete. That's what makes them miserable ****s.
No, that means they don't think they should be forced to have something injected into them so they can live life without being locked down or otherwise restricted.

What makes you a miserable fuck is you are a miserable fuck.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:21 PM 12-08-2020
Don't worry, Donger, once you get your vaccine you won't need to worry about controlling everyone else and worrying if they wear a mask or not when they eat inside.
[Reply]
Donger 02:22 PM 12-08-2020
No, that means they don't think they should be forced to have something injected into them so they can live life without being locked down or otherwise restricted.

What makes you a miserable **** is you are a miserable ****.
They are free to take it or not. If if they choose not to and still bitch about restrictions, guess what?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:24 PM 12-08-2020
They are free to take it or not. If if they choose not to and still bitch about restrictions, guess what?
As expected it went right over your head. Then again once you get vaccinated what do you care if they wear a mask or not???

You need to worry less about them and more about you.
[Reply]
Donger 02:25 PM 12-08-2020
Don't worry, Donger, once you get your vaccine you won't need to worry about controlling everyone else and worrying if they wear a mask or not when they eat inside.
I don't control anyone besides myself.

How's that Thanksgiving backlog looking, by the way?
[Reply]
Page 3256 of 3903
« First < 2256275631563206324632523253325432553256 32573258325932603266330633563756 > Last »
Up