ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
KC Hawks 05:10 PM 11-28-2020
:-)

All the QBs on the Broncos' roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts, sources tell ESPN.

None were wearing masks at the time of exposure, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

Broncos will not be forfeiting, per source.

Short of luring GM John Elway out of retirement, it sets up as the most unexpected NFL scene of 2020. Broncos have no QBs for a game against the Saints. https://t.co/ig4knEI9vQ

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:33 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, this is a terrible decision by the league.
Why would they move Pitt game but not this one? It makes no sense just like 90% of their reactions to the testing.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:35 AM 11-29-2020
I absolutely think it’s the NFL punishing them for not following protocol and sending a message to the rest of the league.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:43 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why would they move Pitt game but not this one? It makes no sense just like 90% of their reactions to the testing.
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I absolutely think it’s the NFL punishing them for not following protocol and sending a message to the rest of the league.
I think the whole idea of contact tracing is just too flawed to base decisions like this on, but they have nothing else even remotely close to "solid" to go on I suppose. And you might be on to something wheeler - send a message to the rest of the league by punishing a team that's out of the playoff race? It makes no sense not to move the game to Monday if the QB's will be cleared by then, not to mention how they've all tested negative to this point.

If I were a member of the Buccaneers I'd be royally pissed at the league essentially gifting the Saints a win on the road while they're banged up like they are.
[Reply]
manchambo 10:00 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think the whole idea of contact tracing is just too flawed to base decisions like this on, but they have nothing else even remotely close to "solid" to go on I suppose. And you might be on to something wheeler - send a message to the rest of the league by punishing a team that's out of the playoff race? It makes no sense not to move the game to Monday if the QB's will be cleared by then, not to mention how they've all tested negative to this point.

If I were a member of the Buccaneers I'd be royally pissed at the league essentially gifting the Saints a win on the road while they're banged up like they are.
As for the playoff race thing, the saints are in a playoff race—how would you feel of the league threw Pittsburgh a free win to “send a message”?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by manchambo:
As for the playoff race thing, the saints are in a playoff race—how would you feel of the league threw Pittsburgh a free win to “send a message”?
I'd be pissed if they actually did that for any team under any circumstance, that's why it makes no sense as to why they won't move the game to tomorrow.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:04 AM 11-29-2020
The league is punishing them because they're not a playoff caliber team. If the same thing happened to the Saints instead of Denver the game would have been postponed.

With that said, the stupidity of the organization not to have a QB separate from all the others in case this situation happened, and the idiocy of the players in question for not wearing masks makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The league is punishing them because they're not a playoff caliber team. If the same thing happened to the Saints instead of Denver the game would have been postponed.

With that said, the stupidity of the organization not to have a QB separate from all the others in case this situation happened, and the idiocy of the players in question for not wearing masks makes it hard for me to have any sympathy for them.
I wonder if there's anything the Donks can do to make the NFL regret this decision?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Zero notice. Guess they could move it to tomorrow but the simple fact is the Broncos found out the day for the game. The Ravens found out almost a full week before theirs.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:24 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I wonder if there's anything the Donks can do to make the NFL regret this decision?
Head hunting against a playoff team? :-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:38 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m certainly no Bronco lover, but they are getting screwed here.

Yes, but FUCK DONK FOREVER!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:38 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Head hunting against a playoff team? :-)
Are you suggesting a cheap cough shot on their QB?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:41 AM 11-29-2020
Paging Tim Tebow to the white courtesy phone
[Reply]
PHOG 10:46 AM 11-29-2020
Because Donkos! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:51 AM 11-29-2020
I hate the Broncos but this is bullshit. If moving the game to Monday gives them a Qi, that’s what should happen. If the league doesn’t accommodate they should just forfeit and not risks the injuries.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:53 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Are you suggesting a cheap cough shot on their QB?
I'm not advocating for it, but it's something I can see the donks doing.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up