ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 103
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Matrix 12:20 PM 01-31-2019
Sterk is sacking up

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=16105730
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:21 PM 01-31-2019

Roberts says the fact that #Mizzou self-reported these violations was "a significant issue" in these penalties. "When a member institution self-reports a violation and agrees that it’s a level one violation, there are consequences."

— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) January 31, 2019

So dumb.
[Reply]
redfan 12:32 PM 01-31-2019
Jeez Louise, they can't even cheat correctly.
[Reply]
Matrix 12:35 PM 01-31-2019
Cursed school.

Thank god this state has the St. Louis Cardinals.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:43 PM 01-31-2019
what in the actual fuck? :-)

The NCAA is beyond retarded
[Reply]
Mecca 12:47 PM 01-31-2019
The NCAA is basically saying we'll bring the hammer down on a school we don't think matters.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:06 PM 01-31-2019
Gonna enjoy my free time on Saturday come this fall :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:10 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

So I gues the NCAA is encouraging its member schools to lie and deny, rather than stand up, admit someone at your university fucked up, and be straightforward.

There really is zero point to following the NCAA’s rules. May as well just start being fucking sleazy and doing what the big time schools do to get the best players you can. There really is no benefit to doing it the ‘right’ way.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:11 PM 01-31-2019
The actual punishment will certainly be reduced on appeal, but it's not going to matter because the damage will already be done

Because Mizzou
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:16 PM 01-31-2019
@RivalsWoody: Breaking: Source close to Kelly Bryant tells me Kelly intends to stay at Missouri, despite today's news.

"He likes what he's got going there and he's going to play his 12 games and try to go undefeated"

Comprehensive coverage on today Missouri news @PowerMizzoucom https://twitter.com/RivalsWoody/stat...603780/photo/1
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:22 PM 01-31-2019
They should just hang national champs banners at the end of next season

And if you're a player that's expecting to be preparing for NFL next year, that's actually not an awful result. Don't have to play a meaningless bowl game in Bumfuck, Idaho or deal with old white guys calling you a bad person for sitting it out
[Reply]
crispystl 01:29 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The NCAA is basically saying we'll bring the hammer down on a school we don't think matters.
Yeah it's almost like they thought..."Ok MU is big enough and has just enough notoriety for this to look like we're cracking down"...without actually suspending any schools with a realistic shot.
[Reply]
bowener 01:33 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Matrix:
Cursed school.

Thank god this state has the St. Louis Cardinals.
And PATRICK FUCKING MAHOMES!

edit: Also, eat shit, NCAA.

Can we just make all athletes minimum wage employees of the athletics department, give them specially discounted tuition, and avoid stupid shit like this with the NCAA/get rid of the NCAA?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:38 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not sure Mizzou could've shown up to the hearing and confessed to ordering a code red and been worse off.

Seriously - this is simply a wholesale repudiation of any kind of defense Mizzou put forward. Had Mizzou come out and said "yeah, Odom, Jamieson and Earleywine were all telling tutors to do the coursework at the guidance of Jim Sterk" I'm not sure the penalties would've been any more severe.

1 tutor and 12 kids over 3 sports and they drop a ****ing hammer. I really don't get it. That's remarkably draconian for what amounts to relatively minor academic eligibility crap. When you look at the shady shit all these teams do to get kids eligible to sign to begin with and the NCAA looks the other way, it blows my mind that they put Mizzou on blast for this.

I'm not even mad as much as I'm just damn puzzled.
The University and AD's responses were on point; they're going to fight, which is very un-Mizzou-like.

Oh, and Kelly Bryant is staying.
[Reply]
Matrix 02:02 PM 01-31-2019
SECRant must be happier than pigs in shit. Inbred trash.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 103
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Up