ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 173
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I seriously want to know why we have to be the moral high ground franchise while the Steelers and Patriots can win with rapists and murderers.
It's not about that.

It's about what you are willing to accept in order to cheer for your favorite jersey, I guess.

Certain things are worse than other things.

Everybody's free to draw their own line.

I know where mine is. What I'll accept. And what is just a moral compromise I'm not willing to accept. At some point, it's literally just a jersey. If that's all it is, if I'm repulsed by the people wearing it, I can't get excited for their success. If I'd really rather see the guy wearing that jersey get Thiesmann'd, then what am I watching for?

I'm not even against giving people second chances. We're past that here now.

Anyway, I'm not going to read anymore posts in these Hill threads. I'll chat in other threads about other things.
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Than quit drafting and signing guys with histories if that’s how you want to do business.
Exactly. Which is why I was railing against the Clark trade and sign so much.
jd1020 10:55 AM 04-29-2019
Than quit drafting and signing guys with histories if that’s how you want to do business.
Do you not understand the difference in giving someone a 2nd chance and avoid those players all together?
Mecca 10:56 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Go be a fan of those teams if you dont like the way the Chiefs choose to run their business?
You know that is not a good argument when 97% of the rest of the league has had more success than this team right?

I mean outside of the Bengals and Lions who ya got? And fuck the Bengals did appear in a bowl in my lifetime.
RollChiefsRoll 10:56 AM 04-29-2019
To quote Bob Fescoe: WHAT WOULD NORMA HUNT THINK ABOUT ALL THIS?!
jd1020 10:57 AM 04-29-2019
You know that is not a good argument when 97% of the rest of the league has had more success than this team right?

I mean outside of the Bengals and Lions who ya got? And **** the Bengals did appear in a bowl in my lifetime.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

You specifically named 2 teams. Now you are naming every team but 2, so it appears to me you have a wide open field to choose from.
Red Dawg 10:58 AM 04-29-2019
I seriously want to know why we have to be the moral high ground franchise while the Steelers and Patriots can win with rapists and murderers.
Teams my ass. The league itself should have the moral high ground. We should not just cut him like we did Hunt. Get something for him at least after the case
kcpasco 10:58 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Do you not understand the difference in giving someone a 2nd chance and avoid those players all together?
Guys with histories tend to lapse. Not all but definitely some. What’s wrong with 3rd chances? Or do you just draw a line in the sand at 2? So just quit drafting them because the owner doesn’t like the backlash. I get it.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:59 AM 04-29-2019
What were Mahomes stats when Tyreek didn’t play?
jd1020 11:00 AM 04-29-2019
Guys with histories tend to lapse. Not all but definitely some. What’s wrong with 3rd chances? Or do you just draw a line in the sand at 2? So just quit drafting them because the owner doesn’t like the backlash. I get it.
That's typically how a 2nd chance works, yes.
PAChiefsGuy 11:00 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Just trying to compile everything so it makes sense. Please add any omissions.

Trying to:
* "The Star is trying to **** us"
* "KCTV5 is trying to **** us"
* "The national media is trying to **** us"
* "The DA is trying to **** us"
* "Goodell is trying to **** us"
* " 'SJWs' are trying to **** us"
* "Crystal is a ****ing crazy bitch who is trying to **** us"
* "The kid is a whiny little bitch who is probably coached and trying to **** us"
* "Millennials who are soft as **** and need beatings to grow into real men are trying to **** us"
* "That Indian curse at Arrowhead that the guy found before the playoffs is trying to **** us"
* "The Free Masons, Jews, Rothschilds, and aliens being kept at Area 51 are trying to **** us" (BlackOp special)

Going to:
* "Clark Hunt is going to **** us"
* "Goodell is going to **** us"
* "Dorsey is going to **** us"
You forgot Eric Berry wants to fuck us as well by getting surgery this off-season.
carlos3652 11:03 AM 04-29-2019
He was never convicted in a criminal court of law. Hill has been. It's a bit different.
Are you talking about Hill's incident in College that has been expunged?

Technically Hill does not have a criminal record of domestic abuse.

(PS - I 100% agree with your take where you lay out the 3 possibilities).

"all records of an arrest and/or subsequent court case are removed from the public record, and the individual may legally deny or fail to acknowledge ever having been arrested for or charged with any crime which has been expunged."
Frazod 11:11 AM 04-29-2019
I guess an equivalent mandate would be:

If the Chiefs do cut Hill and aren't doing everything possible in your mind to win a championship, please put your money where your mouth is and go support a team like the Browns which is really gunning for a championship at any morally debatable cost.

But to answer your question (because it's a fair and good one)... I'm a big believer in second chances and had no serious reservations with the Chiefs drafting Hill. I cheered for him as loudly as anyone and the only thing I held back in my support of his was buying a shirt or a jersey with his name on it.

Right now, I see three broad possibilities:

1. Given what I think we know, I believe the Chiefs will release Hill at some point. I'll be upset and hope that he never winds up on another NFL team again more because I don't want to be burned by him than I feel some moral obligation for his banishment.
2. If they don't release him and it's because more facts have come to light that Crystal is indeed crazy and has set him up and abused the child herself, I will express my profuse apologies to SDH and be high-fiving you guys on the way to Arrowhead and cheering loudly for Hill. I'll also buy you a beer.
3. If they don't release him and the available evidence/facts remain constant and if Hill is playing for the Chiefs later this season, I'm honestly not sure what I'll do when he's invariably dominating alongside Mahomes again. It'll put fans like myself in a really uncomfortable position. I kinda think of it akin to if the Chiefs moved to LA: would you support them? And I think the answer is 'yes but it wouldn't feel right.' I'm pretty sure I'd still be a Chiefs fan and I don't know how I'd get around cheering for Hill, but I've been to 10+ games each of the last three seasons and have attended all but 3 playoff games since 1995 and I'm sure my fandom would diminish on some level.

That's the truth. And I don't see a great deal of hypocrisy or moral superiority in it at all.
This team hasn't won dick in nearly 50 years. Clearly the times they didn't try hard enough surpassed the times that they did. Yet here we all are. I'm not going anywhere, even though rooting for them has always crushed my soul to some degree for as long as I can remember, whether it was watching them barely miss the playoffs because of a missed FG, or a kickoff out of bounds, or a blown call, or the other side spraying their uniforms with cooking spray, or freezing my ass off in the upper level at the only AFC Championship Game ever played in a stadium that opened in 1972. I stick with them and keep hoping they'll change. Sort of like... a battered wife. Or fiance.

I root for this team because they're Kansas City and I'm from Kansas City. If they moved they'd be as dead to me as Neil Smith was when he went to Denver. The end. I see no correlation between that and whether or not they have shitty people on the roster.

I'm not looking for these players to be my friends, or to have them house sit for me when I'm out of town. I know lots of them are shitty people who I wouldn't like, much like the people who act in my favorite movies or sing my favorite songs. I didn't burn my blu-rays of L.A. Confidential and Seven when Kevin Spacey was outed as a lowlife degenerate predator. The fact that I couldn't have a five minute conversation about politics with Don Henley without wanting to strangle him won't stop me from loving the Eagles. Shatner being a giant jerkoff won't stop me from loving Star Trek. And nothing Tyreek Hill did or didn't do will stop me from rooting for the Chiefs, and since I don't think there's any way he'll be permanently banned over this, and I don't want to see him play for another team, I want him here. And if he is here, I hope he catches 20 fucking touchdown passes including the one that wins the Super Bowl. Because my feelings on him being a shitty father or boyfriend or person don't mean a goddamn thing.

And I don't pretend otherwise.
Frazod 11:16 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Did he punch a child?
Maybe he did, and his wife/fiance/whatever didn't want to fuck up her meal ticket and kept it quiet.
In58men 11:25 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Maybe he did, and his wife/fiance/whatever didn't want to **** up her meal ticket and kept it quiet.
Dumb bitch is engaged with him too. Get married, get paid and divorce him. Take over half his shit.
Page 97 of 173
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up