ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 130
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:26 PM 12-07-2017
I'm watching the Cards with interest. I'm hoping you guys get Stanton & sign Moustakas.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:55 PM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
x-World Series star is fighting the California wildfires
12/7/2017, 2:22:15 PM · by DFG · 8 replies
Big League Stew via Yahoo ^ | 12/07/2017 | Liz Roscher

Baseball players don’t always go into broadcasting or managing after their MLB career is finished. Former St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Anthony Reyes took a different path, deciding to pick up a hose and become a firefighter in Los Angeles County. And as an L.A. County firefighter, he’s now reportedly on the front lines of the California wildfires, working with many others to try and contain them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-world-se...175236439.html
Wow. Good for him. Mad respect.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:58 PM 12-07-2017

Now told Stanton will approve :

Dodgers
Yankees
Cubs
Astros

— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) December 8, 2017

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:40 PM 12-07-2017
Jon Heyman is suggesting that Fowler could be traded.

I guess if we ate money on Leakes contract, we could on Fowlers. Does he have any value? What could we get for him if we ate a lot of that contract money?

Surely he would accept a trade to some cities? Or was this just Heyman throwing shit at the wall?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:33 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

I don't think I would put much stock into what that guys "sources" say. I'm pretty sure that dude has had people refuting most of everything he's tweeted.

The only team on that list that I could possibly see making a trade for Stanton are the Astros and they already removed themselves from the table after testing the waters. The Cubs would have to move Heywards contract and that isn't happening with his NTC and overall shit bat in the 2 years he's been in Chicago. And the Yankees and Dodgers are trying to do the opposite of tying themselves to another large contract.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:36 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I guess if we ate money on Leakes contract, we could on Fowlers. Does he have any value? What could we get for him if we ate a lot of that contract money?

Surely he would accept a trade to some cities? Or was this just Heyman throwing shit at the wall?
I don't think he would waive his NTC for many teams. Wasn't the main thing he was looking for in his contract assurance that he wouldn't be traded all over every year or two? From what I've read he's settling down in St. Louis just fine.

I think he would do it for the Cubs because he was genuinely having a good time with all the players but that traded isn't happening and I don't think the Cubs would even come knocking if he were made available. Fowler was a stop gap to get to Almora and he's in the majors now establishing himself as an everyday CF if he can continue to improve on hitting right handed pitching.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:46 AM 12-08-2017
Re: Stanton. Fans are getting sick of this shit.

I hope Miami has a fucking fire sale around him and makes him play on 50 win teams for the next 3 years.
[Reply]
thegame214 06:21 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

I hope Miami has a ****ing fire sale around him and makes him play on 50 win teams for the next 3 years.
This. What a diva.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:20 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't think I would put much stock into what that guys "sources" say. I'm pretty sure that dude has had people refuting most of everything he's tweeted.

The only team on that list that I could possibly see making a trade for Stanton are the Astros and they already removed themselves from the table after testing the waters. The Cubs would have to move Heywards contract and that isn't happening with his NTC and overall shit bat in the 2 years he's been in Chicago. And the Yankees and Dodgers are trying to do the opposite of tying themselves to another large contract.
It's from Rosenthal. Now get out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 12-08-2017
Rosenthal's info is usually pretty solid.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't think he would waive his NTC for many teams. Wasn't the main thing he was looking for in his contract assurance that he wouldn't be traded all over every year or two? From what I've read he's settling down in St. Louis just fine.
Couple of things make me think he wont be here for the length of the contract. He's going to LF this year and for good. He is not a CF'r anymore. We have 3 better defenders on the roster already. I hated him in CF. He was too slow and lackadaisical. His arm is for shit. He is much better suited in LF at this point in his career.

He was hurt most of the year. We saw what happened to Pujols when he had issues with his feet that Fowler has and always had.

His personality doesn't match our meathead manager. I dont think that idiot is going anywhere for a while. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 09:16 AM 12-08-2017
I haven't read anything from Rosenthal naming teams he would accept a trade to, but I'm not subbed to the athletic and anything passed the first 200 words is behind a sub wall. Only thing I've seen him say is that he doesn't want the Giants or Cardinals which isn't exactly breaking news.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

I hope Miami has a ****ing fire sale around him and makes him play on 50 win teams for the next 3 years.
Yeah basically

If it’s true that they haven’t informed the giants or cards that they’re out, it’s kind of shitty on the Marlins and Stanton’s part imo.

He has the ntc so he can do whatever he wants though
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

They wouldn't need to eat much money on his deal, if any.

He's not a CFer, but as a LFer who can switch hit, get on base and hit with solid pop, he'd be an attractive addition for several teams.

Now I don't think they'd get much of anything in return for him if the acquiring team also took on his deal; he's probably going to be worth almost exactly what he's paid in the coming years and he also has some risk in him given the foot issues and aging curves not being kind to people past 31.

Fowler's spent the last 7 years or so being an above average hitter with great OBP skills and solid speed on the bases. He has a couple more years of similar play in the tank. The Cardinals are probably better served holding onto him and putting him in LF (with Pham in CF) than they are dumping him for salary relief.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:09 PM 12-08-2017

Ohtani signs with the #Angels.

— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) December 8, 2017

[Reply]
Page 96 of 130
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up