ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 208
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:24 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
Yep. Have you tried their protein powder yet? You can use it for baking and it comes with a recipe booklet. Little on the expensive side though.
I didnt even know they make a powder. Right now I'm using MTS whey, and their flavors are probably the best I've ever had. Seriously though... these fucking quest bars. Vitamin Shoppe down the road from me had a sale, $20 a box. I bought like 6 boxes last week, and they are almost all gone. Cookie dough and Cookies N cream are my current favorites with S'mores right behind and cococnut cashew.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:37 AM 03-23-2015
Yep. Have you tried their protein powder yet? You can use it for baking and it comes with a recipe booklet. Little on the expensive side though.
They have a recipe section on the website for using the bars in cooking as well.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I didnt even know they make a powder. Right now I'm using MTS whey, and their flavors are probably the best I've ever had. Seriously though... these fucking quest bars. Vitamin Shoppe down the road from me had a sale, $20 a box. I bought like 6 boxes last week, and they are almost all gone. Cookie dough and Cookies N cream are my current favorites with S'mores right behind and cococnut cashew.
Yeah....I'm loving the MTS Red Velvet powder right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:40 PM 03-23-2015
Vitaminshoppe.com has a sale right now on Quest bars. 24 count for $39.98. Just use coupon code GET20NOW at checkout.
[Reply]
Silock 02:46 PM 03-23-2015
Where you sick or had a cold recently? I was sick for a couple days and didnt eat much, when I started training again it was like I never lifted before in my life. 60lb dumbells felt like 120's. Could also be lack of sleep, maybe not enough food? Extra stress in life? This is usually why I limit my cardio when running something like 5/3/1, I just don't want a lot of outside factors playing into recovery. If you haven't missed a lift though, I think your probably ok but its always best to 'listen' to your body.
No sickness or cold. Eating and sleeping have been stable for the past few months. I wouldn't be overly concerned except that I was playing entire halves two weeks ago and now I can barely play 2 minutes without feeling totally wiped out.
[Reply]
KC native 02:50 PM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
No sickness or cold. Eating and sleeping have been stable for the past few months. I wouldn't be overly concerned except that I was playing entire halves two weeks ago and now I can barely play 2 minutes without feeling totally wiped out.
The machines in your gym gave you AIDS. I told you to stay away from them. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 PM 03-23-2015
Vitaminshoppe.com has a sale right now on Quest bars. 24 count for $39.98. Just use coupon code GET20NOW at checkout.
Quest bars are stupid. If you eat them you're just buying into marketing hype.

I wouldn't pay more than $0.50 a bar.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:56 AM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:

What marketing hype? They are just whey & fiber pretty much. The fiber keeps you full unlike a shake where I'm hungry 20 minutes later.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:42 AM 03-24-2015

You really have no idea about nutrition.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 03-24-2015
What marketing hype? They are just whey & fiber pretty much.
Exactly. So overpriced.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:21 PM 03-24-2015
Exactly. So overpriced.
Wrong. they are selling the fact that their bars actually taste good and not like bear shit. I will gladly pay an extra $1.50 for a quality bar that tastes awesome.

You just need to go back to your magic cheat meals that have more sugar than carbs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Wrong. they are selling the fact that their bars actually taste good and not like bear shit. I will gladly pay an extra $1.50 for a quality bar that tastes awesome.

You just need to go back to your magic cheat meals that have more sugar than carbs.
:-)

Never even been to that place, dude.

I still say, very overpriced. If you buy them you are buying into marketing big time. Just drink a protein shake.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:53 PM 03-24-2015
:-)

Never even been to that place, dude.

I still say, very overpriced. If you buy them you are buying into marketing big time. Just drink a protein shake.
Again, you are clueless.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:52 PM 03-24-2015
295*3. Feeling strong
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
295*3. Feeling strong
Nice work man. Very legit.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 208
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146196 > Last »