ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 140
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:14 AM 04-24-2019
On a side note, did Jason LaCanfora piss on an electric fence for a month straight or something? His eye shit is weirding me out.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:17 AM 04-24-2019
Any guesses on what position our first pick will be on? I’m going with CB
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:18 AM 04-24-2019
I've calmed down about this. I like the player we got. I guess he came off the bench alot his first 3 seasons and only became a full time starter this year. Put up great numbers in limited playing time. He's still only 26. I didn't realize how good he was. Hopefully we can get a decent ILB in the draft. This D is really starting to come together.
[Reply]
FAX 12:22 AM 04-24-2019
As for the domestic violence issue, I just read the article posted by Mr. raidersnumber1.

Apparently, the girl took his TV remote and refused to return it.

And she's not in jail?

FAX
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:24 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
As for the domestic violence issue, I just read the article posted by Mr. raidersnumber1.

And she's not in jail?

FAX
Sometimes you have to let the hen know who the rooster is....
Or the gender 103 know who the gender 28 is..
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Any guesses on what position our first pick will be on? I’m going with CB
Why not pm Veach and find out for yourself?
[Reply]
Chargem 12:38 AM 04-24-2019
Had a bit more time to think about this. So the Chiefs traded:

#29 and Dee Ford

And got in return:

9 slots higher in the 3rd in 2019, and probably 15 slots higher in the 2nd in 2020 and Frank Clark.

My gut feeling when this broke was that it was a lot but happy to have a young elite player. Now I'm thinking it's not quite as bad as I initially thought compensation wise
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Had a bit more time to think about this. So the Chiefs traded:

#29 and Dee Ford

And got in return:

9 slots higher in the 3rd in 2019, and probably 15 slots higher in the 2nd in 2020 and Frank Clark.

My gut feeling when this broke was that it was a lot but happy to have a young elite player. Now I'm thinking it's not quite as bad as I initially thought compensation wise
There is a reason why Veach is the gm and we are not
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:41 AM 04-24-2019

And she's not in jail?

FAX
Chick should’ve been sucker punched and kicked. You never take another mans remote!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:43 AM 04-24-2019
On the real tho. Any good players with major issues in this draft? Ala Tyreek Hill
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:44 AM 04-24-2019
Never trust ESPN. Ever.

They are Satan's deformed, ginger midgets.

FAX
dude. you're killing it. :-)

Plus, Jimi is my idol, and biggest influence.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:56 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think in this draft and the next offseason + draft we could have built up a cheaper, more balanced and effective defense. And I think we'd be in a much better position when it comes time to putting the Mahomes extension on the books.

I don't give a shit about individual players. I'm tired of doing that. I'm tired of going into training camp and counting the impactful players on defense and going, "Hey, this looks great!" and then getting to the regular season only to have the unit play like dogshit.

I don't give a shit about individual studs. I just want a better ****ing defense. And paying a QB AND a passrusher AND our DT AND a free agent safety like Honey Badger leaves little room for your corners, linebackers, and depth. I look at a unit like that in the future and I instantly think Peyton Manning's Colts defenses where it was Dwight Freeney and a bag of dicks.

I don't want our defense to turn into that. I don't want Patrick Mahomes, his killer offense, and a defense made up of Frank Clark and a bag of dicks.
Well, no, nobody wants that. The reality we currently find ourselves is this-
We just took a first year starting QB to the AFCCG, and is the NFL's MVP. In his second season. Our 'window' opened real fucking fast-faster than anyone could've reasonably expected.

it's good. It's great-but that defense was unbelievably shitty. It's an old story that D-linemen usually take a couple of years to really 'get it'. They've gotten by, being bigger and/or stronger than most of their opponents, so they don't typically dominate right away. Technique becomes really important. Certainly not a guy you'd get at #29.

So I look at it like this-we skipped a year of a rotational guy who maybe flashes some in 2019, and a guy who earns a starting spot in 2020 and plays pretty well, and then finally balls out in 2021. IF we are lucky and grab one of the 35% that 'succeed' as late first rounders. We skip all that and just go straight to: BADASS. In 2019, you know, when we need it bad, because we're so fucking close to winning it all. Yes, he's expensive. We can also get out of the deal after the 3rd year IF WE WANT. I think we may not want to, honestly, because in 2022 the labor agreement is going to be pretty different and that HUGE deal will be pretty pedestrian.

The 2020 second rounder was probably always trade fodder, and even if not, you're talking a 20% or so success rate.

I like having lots of picks, I do. But when you have a chance for a 26 year old stud DE that's still ascending, and is a tone setter type player, I have no problems with giving up a #29 and a late 2nd next year. We still have a full complement of picks in 2020. No worries.

Do we still have weaknesses? yeah. Everyone does. Not a single team doesn't in the cap era. But we're a lot better today than we were Monday.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:28 AM 04-24-2019
Also from the Nate Taylor article:

Originally Posted by :
But on the Chiefs’ draft board, according to a source, the team had just 15 prospects who graded as having first-round talent.

With the 29th overall pick, the Chiefs felt they weren’t likely to acquire a high-quality starter by keeping their late-first-round selection. After considering their options, the Chiefs last week began heavily pursuing Clark. The Seahawks, to help with their draft board, gave teams interested in Clark a deadline of Tuesday afternoon to have the best offer in place. The Chiefs outbid the New York Jets and the Indianapolis Colts to acquire Clark.
So, if the Chiefs weren't enamored of the talent that was going to be around at 29 and if they weren't bidding against themselves in a vacuum...
[Reply]
Supmarkus 01:50 AM 04-24-2019
If the chiefs used the 2020 2nd and traded to move up from 29 for a pass rusher we’d be over the moon, saying what a great move it was. The difference is we got a proven player not a prospect. Sure, there’s the money but let’s wait to see how it’s structured.
[Reply]
Warrick 02:08 AM 04-24-2019
"Sure, there’s the money but let’s wait to see how it’s structured."

I'm waiting on this myself before I get too upset over the look-a-like DeMarcus Lawrence contract... Even tho some projected Frank Clark 5 yrs 87.5 mil. There better be a nice long clause that takes in account of the risks of repeated off field and on the field incidents.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 140
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up